Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers Infinity War - HERE BE SPOILERS!

Springfield

@Renegade7

Spoiler

Yeah that was really my only flaw with the movie is the ending with all the characters dying. It was handled extremely well and when Black Panther vaporized I lost it. Then Spider-Man's death was the worst though. I loved how they did that, really highlighting how young and afraid Peter was, dying in Tony's arms. But immediately after, I'm thinking, damn, they're not really dead. They can't be. Over half the marvel universe is gone lol

I hope they don't use the time stone, that would feel like such a cop out. Whatever they do, Strange knew it was the only way to go. That's why he ultimately gave up the stone once Tony's life was threatened. He knew in the 1 path that they defeated Thanos out of the 14 million he saw, Tony was alive for it, so he couldn't let Tony die there. 

I don't think it will necessarily be a reboot just sort of a reset of the universe. I think the newer characters will return somehow, ultimately as the new Avengers once Thanos is defeated. Spider-Man and Black Panther among them and I think the original set will die like Tony and Cap. They will be replaced by others though so the you might still have an Iron Man and Captain America just with different people. That would be the sort of reset the universe needs to keep it fresh while letting the actors that have been doing this for 10 years move on. 

Also, Captain Marvel, I know nothing about her. I read she is like Superman for marvel though so maybe she can go toe to toe with Thanos and help out. meh

Also, the infinity gauntlet and stones looked to be destroyed or at least badly damaged. Not sure it even matters to him though since he has fulfilled his life's ambition. Who knows what that means for him moving forward. 

Avengers 4: Existential Crisis coming in 2019!

On 4/26/2018 at 10:27 AM, Zguy28 said:

Seeing it Saturday 3:30 PM. Normally I don't care about spoilers, but not this time. No spoilers w/o tags please!

I'm seeing at the same time tomorrow. At the Alamo theater out here in VA. Unfortunately, I've already been spoiled by one thing that happens. 

40 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

So tempted to sneak out of work and go to local 1:15 showing. Only two seats sold in the showing. Rest are empty. Not sure I can wait until tomorrow. Argh!

I suggest you do it.  It's that good =)

1 hour ago, Isifhan said:

I suggest you do it.  It's that good =)

I want to and mentioned it to my wife. She was like "have some self-control and wait until tomorrow to see it the first time with the kids. Be a good dad." :(

Maybe I could still get an afternoon and not tell her? :evil:

Some thoughts

- Killmonger still the best Marvel villain. Thanos a solid #2 though.

- Movie does not feel like 2.5 hrs.

Spoiler

- No love for Asgard. Escape destruction just to be reckt. Where is my boy Korg?

- The deaths at the end don't have much pull if they are going to be reversed in the next move. I did get some feels from Spidey though

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

At theater now, waiting for movie to start.

There's only one credit scene all the way at the end. You can go to the bathroom and come back and still be back before it pops up. Really wish they'd have this as a disclaimer before going in.

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Some thoughts

- Movie does not feel like 2.5 hrs.

Reveal hidden contents

- No love for Asgard. Escape destruction just to be reckt. Where is my boy Korg?

- The deaths at the end don't have much pull if they are going to be reversed in the next move. I did get some feels from Spidey though

Spoiler

They felt real in the moment but then you realize they are coming back. 

I think this was the setup. Some of the deaths were final (basically every one that died before the snap). The next Avengers goes back to basics and relies on the originals Avengers (plus Marvel) to set thing right and I could easily see the entire original cast dying as some sacrifice to defeat Thanos and bring back the other half of the universe. I think they are all trapped in the soul gem, perhaps and will somehow be freed at the end to carry on the post Thanos marvel universe 

20 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Are you talking in the current MCMU or Marvel in general?  If you say in general, I can't get down with you.  As for Thanos:

Spoiler

Talking to co-worker who sits next to me, huge comic book guy, and he clarified for me what I thought that in the comics Thanos was obsessed with Death and wanted to wipe out way more then he did in this movie and for different reasons.  They added a layer of depth to his character in the movie that wasn't in the comics, so I can't put him over Magneto because of it

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you talking in the current MCMU or Marvel in general?  If you say in general, I can't get down with you.  As for Thanos:

Reveal hidden contents

Talking to co-worker who sits next to me, huge comic book guy, and he clarified for me what I thought that in the comics Thanos was obsessed with Death and wanted to wipe out way more then he did in this movie and for different reasons.  They added a layer of depth to his character in the movie that wasn't in the comics, so I can't put him over Magneto because of it

Strictly MCMU.

Was SHIELD or any inhumans even in it at all? The latest AoS plot has been hinting at a war coming to earth, but it looks like the Kree. Perhaps that's a set up for Captain Marvel...

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel you, but I think that if Disney had Magneto it'd be no contest.

Apocalypse was a pretty bad villain as well.

Just got out of the movie.  Overall I thought it was great.  It has it’s issues but with all the buildup for Thanos since the first Avengers they really had to deliver on that character for this to work and boy did they deliver.  Thanos was awesome!  

28 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Apocalypse was a pretty bad villain as well.

The most powerful villain doesn't always make them the best villain, same thing goes for superheros. 

My feelings on Magneto are my opinion, but if you really want to get technical, his powers are underrated because everything that holds the universe together in some way comes back to magnetism on the subatomic level (we've seen how far he can go with that touched on every once in a while in the comics). 

I saw the science on the pulling iron out the guy for iron balls, in theory, he'd kill whoever he did that to, but its still possible that he could do it (and that's besides the point of why I like him so much, a completely understandable and conflicted grey character)

Edit:  We're talking about someone that is so convinced that what they are doing is right that they don't care when they do something that's wrong, and what makes the X-Men universe to me so amazing he isn't always wrong and Charles knows that.

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It was okay, but a lot of it was predictable and seemed sporadic. 

I didn’t like thanos. 

Well I thought he was great and as bad as it might sound I was kinda cheering for him.

Spoiler

When Thor got Thanos with the ax I was so pissed.  Like really you built this guy up just to take him out like that?  But then he tells Thor he should have gone for the head and SNAP.  I’m happy they had the balls to go there.  They haven’t in prior movies.  Yeah I know they’re gonna find a way to reverse things and all those heros who turned to dust will come back but you know there will be sacrifices in Avengers 4 for it to happen.  

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

When are we going to take the "No-Spoilers" out the title.  We need to talk about this, I have people I've rapped with about it, that are just dying right now because I know what they don't, lolz

No open spoilers. But you can

Spoiler

Put spoilers in here. I can't believe Nick Fury was just driving around in an Infiniti all this time.

Archived