Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

I haven't seen someone more excited to hit a home run in a regular season game than Soto was, at least not in a long time. 

He was glowing. But maybe that's just because he had gone super saiyan. 

10 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Good night for D.C. Sports and God knows we all needed it. 

Wasn't able to watch the game. How'd Soto do out in the field?

He was flawless.  The very first batted ball of the game came his way. He looked smooth and comfortable out there. 

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

I haven't seen someone more excited to hit a home run in a regular season game than Soto was, at least not in a long time. 

He was glowing. But maybe that's just because he had gone super saiyan. 

That was as excited as I'VE been to SEE a home run probably since Jayson Werth's playoff bomb. 

It was on the first at bat of  his first start, on the first pitch he saw. BOOM.

~~~

And F.P. said what I was thinking.  That shot, and the exuberance he showed after it, woke up the whole damn dugout, not to mention the whole stadium, and really was the catalyst shaking this team out of their losing streak funk.

Oh, and lost amid the excitement over Soto and the overall offensive display was the return to the majors of lefty Tim Collins, making his first MLB appearance since 2014 and two Tommy John surgeries.  He pitched a scoreless 8th with two Ks.  That's another great story this season.

Davey Martinez started tearing up a little in the post-game presser talking about Collins' road back to the majors.

20 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Hopefully, this helps the Nats get their groove back after all that rain and getting swept by the Dodgers. Great team effort, judging by the stat line. 

We have a powderpuff schedule coming up: Padres, Orioles, and Marlins. Combined 52-91 record--a .363 winning percentage.

It's fortuitous that Soto is facing AAA competition in his introduction to the majors. 

That four pitch walk was awful. I don't think any of the pitches got close. Maybe they're already pitching around him!

Just now, skinfan2k said:

but i thought the season was over according to you

Don't be a downer after a win. 

I never said the season was over or that I was going to stop watching. I said it's been one of those hard luck seasons and it's tough to get excited when setbacks keep happening.

That response was probably a little extra for what was I'm sure just a poke at me, but I just want to be clear about what I said. 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

MAT right now

i3BDF5.gif

People have been calling for MAT's head, but he was MVP today by contributing in every facet. As long as he bats near the bottom of the lineup he's a solid everyday starter, at least in our Injury-compromised outfield. 

Archived