Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Rams Prediction Thread: Possible Gauntlet March?

skins island connection

On 9/15/2017 at 6:52 AM, Probos said:
  • Everything is seems to be lining up for a Skins loss:

- Rams have your former OC as head coach

- Rams with a highly respected DC

- Rams have a young/almost rookie QB

- Rams coming off a shellacking of the Colts

- Skins offense looks stuck in the mud

That said, Skins 23-11 life time vs the Rams.  They win a tight, ugly game:

Skins -  20

Rams - 17

So,.yeah....I was almost right.  Less ugly than I thought but still close.  Skins shoulda won bigger.  Nice win on the road.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My prediction is if we run for over 70 yards today = victory.

8 hours ago, TK said:

The Colts had 75 yards on the ground last week. I think we're going to need to go 100+ Mainly to help control the clock & keep Goff off the field as much as possible.

:)

I will admit I was wrong.  And very happily to do so.

wasnt a great game, but a Win is a Win.  And Gruden didn't entirely let Phillips make him his ****.  

So those are positives to build on.

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We aren't the Scott Tolzien led Colts..."lolol"

@Califan007 has LOL and all variants trademarked and patented.  Please make sure you send him a quarter or something... or he'll sue you fir infringement and I'll be his legal counsel. 

:P

Edit: ES crashed as I posted this and I can't get the quote to go away.  

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We aren't the Scott Tolzien led Colts..."l

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

How's that Goff & Kupp pick going GHH?  I love you man, but you are sooooooo negative on the Redskins, constantly.  Shoulda picked up Chris Thompson, eh?  I actually drafted him with my last pick, started him today.  Life is good right now.  Hail

Good. Goff pretty much equalled what Winston totalled so I didn't lose out there. Kupp let me down slightly. But only 5 points on what I had the bench that would have bettered him. 

Provided Tate doesn't hit 20 against the Giants tomorrow they've played a part in me moving to 2-0 so I'm relatively happy. Seen enough from McVay today to keep them around. 

Interesting that you have me pegged as being that being as I'm barely ever in the stadium these days man but I'll take your word for it. 

Hail. 

To me it's not "negative vs positive" or "homer vs realist." 

For me, the weird thing about the prediction threads is that so much of it defies simple logic. Based on all of the info we had, there was basically NO reason to think the Rams would win the game easily and/or score 30+ points. There was simply no evidence to suggest that was a realistic outcome to the game. 

But if the Skins lose in week X, you can guarantee the average score prediction in week Y will be something pretty absurd. 

I picked 20-17 Redskins. Game wound up moving at a slightly faster pace than I expected, but more or less went the way I thought it would. Figured it would be pretty tight and had no reason to fear Goff in that situation. 

The Vegas trends continue as well. Redskins are one of the best teams in the NFL ATS on the road.. and teams playing at home facing a Thursday Night game traditionally don't cover at a high rate. 

I am sure the predictions for the Raiders game will now be somewhat more realistic.... and then if we lose people will pick the Chiefs to beat us 63-3. 

On 9/12/2017 at 12:32 PM, Idaho fan said:

Week to week league.  Colts are possibly the worse team in the league which made the Rams look better than they are.  Skins played better than the 30-17 score reflects and was driving for the go-ahead score late in the 4th against a solid defense.

31-20 Skins

Not a bad prediction considering there was a FG that should have went in.

On 9/18/2017 at 2:24 AM, kleese said:

To me it's not "negative vs positive" or "homer vs realist." 

For me, the weird thing about the prediction threads is that so much of it defies simple logic. Based on all of the info we had, there was basically NO reason to think the Rams would win the game easily and/or score 30+ points. There was simply no evidence to suggest that was a realistic outcome to the game. 

But if the Skins lose in week X, you can guarantee the average score prediction in week Y will be something pretty absurd. 

Yea, but it is fun to read how the doom & gloom overtakes some. Hec, it got me wondering. Now, I didn't think they would win easily, but I had a feeling the Redskins might be flat-footed during the game and not be able to match intensity, but who out there expected to see a running game? Much less, a running game that did what it did?  Nobody. 

You wanna see weird predictions? Wait til the Chiefs game comes up;  we all know what happened last time...

Archived