Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how did you deal with your family, friends who are Trump supporters or just voted for him, because he was GOP?

88Comrade2000

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

You were busy making a statement that around here it don't matter much if someone isn't a Republican that if they aren't a Dem then they'll be labeled as one. I just thought it was ironic coming from you with your documented identity issues.

I'd suggest ya reread the exchange.

it was in response to the value of me endorsing Zoony

nice to see ya care what I identify as.,,,,,rather fitting for this thread of zealots :ols:

9 minutes ago, twa said:

I'd suggest ya reread the exchange.

it was in response to the value of me endorsing Zoony

nice to see ya care what I identify as.,,,,,rather fitting for this thread of zealots :ols:

Ahh well, maybe it would be easier to see who you're replying to if you actually quoted people.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ahh well, maybe it would be easier to see who you're replying to if you actually quoted people.

Or if you read closer

one line above the reply which contained the same wording......but maybe I should

We have a new driver at work, ex-Navy, we were getting along.

He's a Giants fan, stuff got heated.

As a black guy, he said, "Your team is racist." as I was walking away.  I turned around and came back, finger in his chest.  "We have the only black QB to win a Super Bowl.  There's a whole lotta ass here, you wanna kiss it now or later, you prick?"  All the guys in the kitchen were like..."Dude, you picked the wrong fight"..."Don't **** with her, man, she's on your side"...and on and on. 

I tease them some but mostly just avoid talking about politics.  Or religion.  I have the most fun with my buddy who is an Alex Jones follower.  Guy was the most apolitical person I ever knew (and was never the sharpest tool in the shed) until some screw got loose a couple years ago. Otherwise he's fine people and I love the guy but boy howdy does he come up with some screwball, concocted conspiracies. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's the wrong approach.  They need to hear liberal voices more than anyone and be exposed to different norms and points of view.  Democrats have let a message and dialogue vacuum in huge swaths of white America fester.  It's going to take a tremendous amount of discipline and work over a long period of time to fix the issue and promote tolerance and multiculturalism in these communities.

I said that. I said challenge them and if they are being intolerant then tell your mom or dad or aunt or cousin that they cannot see you or your children anymore.

At the end of the day, my existence as a black man is under threat. I am not doing the work white people should have been doing anymore. It's on you all.

16 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Most of mine have gone pretty quiet as well, but what I see picking up are the "ya'll screamed about Russians, then ya'll screamed about North Korea, then about Nazis, just turn off the tv." I sooooo badly just want to reply, "Ignorance would truly be blissful wouldn't it?" But I like some of these people.

I'm not even getting that from any of them. I battled the family pretty hard during the election and a bit afterwards,then basically sat back and let Trump do all the work for me. It's worked just like in the past. They get all quiet and change the subject if it comes up because they just can't stand it when I'm right about stuff like this. 

Outside of family,where I work for instance,the battle continues. It's not the best of customer service practices to talk politics,(among other things),but I've made several exceptions for some of the more outspoken Trumpflakes who seem to think any time is a good time to talk Trump. Yeesh.  Going to an end of Summer barbecue at a friends house in a few. Last time I saw a few of these folks,we had a few spirited discussions about their guy. Should be interesting to see what happens once the beer and whiskey gets flowin'. ;) 

Archived