Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We need to just enjoy this moment for a day or two before we start counting chickens.  Vegas is no joke and Nats are in 3rd place right now in our own division right now.

Aren’t you supposed to be banging that chick who knew 3 goals was a lot?  

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Think a lot of that is solely due to VGK having home ice.  This just seems to be a different Caps team, and I can see them taking the series in 5. Won't be easy though......VGK has been lights out at home. 

Good. The Caps can help them turn off their lights then. 

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

rb71M_f-maxage-0.gif.3d94e44dbb0d2e3e18535a2cac1e75f5.gif

kiss it or die trying. hell ill match that bet at tis point......I can die now, but definitely die in the effort....( as a fan that's drinking too much and yelling to cause a heart attack or stroke or etc)

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

VGK has speed.  Which is interesting because so did PIT and TB.  Look what happened there.

Plus, I’ll be damned if a ****ing entry level team wins a cup.  THAT is bull****.

I’m optimistic.

They have a lot of depth and a great goalie.  

But we have better top-line players AND experience playing together.

If Holtby approaches what he’s been doing, Ovi and company will lean on them and they’ll crack.

And I dont think they’ll have an answer for Wilson.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have a lot of depth and a great goalie.  

But we have better top-line players AND experience playing together.

If Holtby approaches what he’s been doing, Ovi and company will lean on them and they’ll crack.

And I dont think they’ll have an answer for Wilson.

Yeah, Wilson has been a game changer all playoffs long.  I think the same system that shut the previous two series down can shut VGK down.

Score first.  That’s key.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It sounds like the Golden Knights are favored, but the Caps are coming in with 10 years of frustration and anger they're about to unload.  Ovechkin isn't going to **** around at all.  Kind of like when the Red Sox made it to the World Series back in 2004 after coming back and beating the Yankees, the Cardinals were just ****ed.

Spaceman nailed it. Vegas is in for a rude awakening. Caps are a freight train of confidence right now. 

Just now, SAli457180 said:

So happy for Ovie.  He knew had to deliver and he did.  This may be their year.  Another thing, everybody is talking about MAF, but the Caps probably the hotter goalie right now

Plus, except for last year, Caps have owned MAF in recent history. I'm not worried about that guy at all. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Just realized I’ll be in town for game 4 for a conference. How much we expecting tickets to be? $300/ea for uppers? More?

Don't check stubhub or any other sites if you are thinking $300. 

One of the biggest differences to me this playoffs: Last season Connolly, Beagle, Eller, Kuzy in two rounds last year they had 5 goals. Kuzy had all 5. This season Connolly, Beagle, Elle and Kuzy have 22 goals through 3 rounds. In other words, the secondary scoring showed up this season and Kuzy has been everything the Caps needed last season. 

Full credit to the entire organization but it's time to win the Cup now. 

4 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

which is actually kind of formidable, no?

They don’t have any world beaters.  I think Marchasault and Karlson are their top guys and both are on their third or fourth teams and not really top line guys before.  James Neil was a top line guy at some point, thinkhe might have won a cup with Chicago before?

Archived