Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars tweet had to be deleted

codeorama

If that's why Trump is President, then it's just more support for the theory that his base isn't very smart. Seriously.

"We don't like that we had to delete the Star Wars tweet!! Let's make an asshole President of the United States!!"

Also, you ever know anyone that's been raped? Ever see them when they've been triggered? It's actually not something to joke about and I'm not exactly the most PC person on this forum.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If that's why Trump is President, then it's just more support for the theory that his base isn't very smart. Seriously.

"We don't like that we had to delete the Star Wars tweet!! Let's make an asshole President of the United States!!"

omg. I can't believe I have to actually explain this. 

THE STAR WARS TWEET DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP WINNING LITERALLY.

Its the fact that they had to delete a tweet because someone was offended by a word that I'm sure MILLIONS of people would have never connected with what they say its connected with.

I'm the farthest thing from a Trump supporter. BUT, I will say that I can relate with the fact we have become such PC ******* that many are just over it.

25 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sorry, I guess I was confused by you opening the thread saying, "This is one of the reasons Trump won."

The example of Ultra PC nonsense. I think even Bill Mahar or however you spell his name said the same. 

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I understand. It's still a stupid reason to vote for Donald Trump.

I didn't vote for him, but to a lot of people, the way we have become so PC is a downward trend that they are tired of. I am as well.  I think a lot of people thought that things like this (not just this) would end with Trump as president. That being said, people in general are stupid.

9 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I think a lot of people thought that things like this (not just this) would end with Trump as president.

Well that was dumb of them.

9 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I think a lot of people thought that things like this (not just this) would end with Trump as president. That being said, people in general are stupid.

Eh, I dunno... Seems to depend on the mood I wake up with on any given day. There's plenty of good and plenty of stupid and neither are hard to find. Just depends on what I'm looking for.

Serious question though, who cares? I couldn't care less about the dumb Star Wars tweet and I couldn't care less that they deleted the dumb Star Wars tweet. In fact, I can't think of one way that my life has been made worse by PC. Certainly not to the point where I'm going to get emotional about it... especially not to the level that I'm willing to put a moron in charge of the free world because I am easily offended by people who are easily offended.

"Triggered" has entered the wider internet culture as a word (usually used jokingly) for becoming upset by something. I've never heard it used in any other context, and I doubt the people that wrote that tweet had either.

Still, it's not terrible that they took it down. They make money by entertaining the public and if enough of the public is actually offended by it, why wouldn't they minimize the loss of revenue? It's not like the government made them do it.

Why does anyone think the government can do anything about this?

Seriously, this isn't "PC" amok, this is people with a voice,, and what do you know, people REALLY enjoy making life miserable for as many people as they can, and have decided every little offense requires instant judgment of death or outrage beyond any reason shall follow.

we're a nation of victims, convinced every single wrongdoing is not our fault, and not only are we blameless for anything, we WILL find blame, and we will exploit it for ANY amount of satisfaction.

we live in a society where we had to pass laws to stop people from suing people who tried to help their relative or whoever after having been in an accident.

Our court systems are cash machines, and we have an overly litigious society driving us to view each other as nothing more than the Cause of All of Our Problems.

And if it won't get you money, some internet infamy is just as good, because from my ****ing chair in my ****ing living room i know everything about every goddam thing, and godammit, you BETTER not piss me off, because I will obsess over every little slight there is until i get my pound of flesh.

PC isn't the problem.

People are.

You cannot get PC enough for anyone to ever stop ****ing complaining. Because even if the thing you're asking is perfectly reasonable, the general response is "**** YOU", because you ain't tellin' me nothin' about nothin'.

And we have a media who thinks "College Student called a bad name" is ****ing NEWS, and touts up every indiscretion into as much full blown hysteria as they can,, and what do you know, we have hysterical people everywhere believing that every single incident is indicative of "what's wrong with this country", rather than being an isolated incident played into clicks on facebook.

Typical exchange on facebook over "story" on DailyClickWhore.com 
"Boy harrassed by student for wearing blue shirt" (Actual story: boy says, yo man, that's too much blue! You look like a football field in Idaho! Other students laugh.)
Ms Busybody: Oh, i think that's terrible. His father's uncle was a police officer! Why shouldn't he wear blue?!
Shirley Overreaction: the teacher knew somebody who's father got killed by a cop! It's insensitive, ****!
L'Enfant Provocatuer: Trump is going to stop ALL of this ****! **** these Mexicans and their disrespect for America

and so on.

People.

****ing

SUCK.

and no leader can change that,

~Bang

7 hours ago, Bang said:

PC isn't the problem.

People are.

You cannot get PC enough for anyone to ever stop ****ing complaining. Because even if the thing you're asking is perfectly reasonable, the general response is "**** YOU", because you ain't tellin' me nothin' about nothin'.

Yeah, that's the thing. People have always shouted stupid stuff, but you didn't hear most of it before the internet. It just got thrown into empty space and was gone in an instant. Now, with the internet, it's like everyone in the entire world is shouting whatever they want directed at whoever they want, and everything everyone says is recorded in fiber-optic stone. I don't think our brains were ever designed to process this kind of over rapid exposure and over analysis to and of the entire human race's thoughts. It seems the result is, to each individual, the entire rest of the world looks like one big mass of incomprehensible idiocy.

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I understand. It's still a stupid reason to vote for Donald Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/reason.com/blog/2017/05/10/frustration-with-political-correctness-w/amp#ampshare=http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/10/frustration-with-political-correctness-w

"Nowadays, as the right sees it, the left has won the culture war and controls the media, the universities, Hollywood and the education of everyone's children," Jonathan Haidt, a psychologist at New York University, told Politico in the recent article that made me aware of Greenberg's survey data. "Many of them think that they are the victims, they are fighting back against powerful and oppressive forces, and their animosities are related to that worldview."

It's always tempting to make too much of this information, and the truth remains that the election was so close—just 100,000 votes across three states made the difference—a number of factors could all share some responsibility for the outcome. Whenever anyone says this is why Trump won, they are often telling only part of the story. That's as true for P.C.-backlash as it is for the James Comey letter.

Nor does this data validate the claim that political correctness is a huge problem, or a problem unique to the left. Just because Trump voters feel like they are being suffocated by liberal political correctness does not make it true.

But it does suggest that playing directly into white, working class America's persecution complex is a terrible strategy for the #Resistance. When progressives shout down conservative speakers and attack their defenders, when they launch social media witch hunts against dissenters, and when their advocacy organizations compromise basic liberal principles in order to punish members of the out-group, they give ammunition to people who believe—quite wrongly—that Trump is a brave truth-teller whose tell-it-like-it-is attitude maintains a sort of safe space for the un-woke.

9 minutes ago, grego said:

But it does suggest that playing directly into white, working class America's persecution complex is a terrible strategy for the #Resistance. When progressives shout down conservative speakers and attack their defenders, when they launch social media witch hunts against dissenters, and when their advocacy organizations compromise basic liberal principles in order to punish members of the out-group, they give ammunition to people who believe—quite wrongly—that Trump is a brave truth-teller whose tell-it-like-it-is attitude maintains a sort of safe space for the un-woke.

I would like to posit another theory... there isn't nearly enough shouting down, attacking, or social media witch hunting. We need to stop suffering these fools and I would like to propose an active campaign to help raise awareness of just how warped the Trump voting base's brains are. Seriously. A lot of people have no idea... I grow weary of not calling stupid people out just because they're going to get all huffy about it when you do. I'll be happy to stop calling them stupid but they have to meet me halfway and not be stupid.

edit: And yes, if anti-PC is someone's big issue and that is why they voted for Donald Trump then yeah, they're stupid.

Archived