Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I went back and quoted your first statement.  Since you seemed so sure there, I'd assume you had some proof.  And I'm not supporting the owner, I'm just asking that you back up your claims.

I have said and will say it again I HAVE ZERO PROOF :) K? 

Again if you enjoy losing and you want to support our owner that's great, but don't forget his RECORD as owner and YES we have PROOF of that...

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I went back and quoted your first statement.  Since you seemed so sure there, I'd assume you had some proof.  And I'm not supporting the owner, I'm just asking that you back up your claims.

Got any proof regarding the number of visitors in the stadium or was that just another guess?

Why did they remove seats in multiple different seasons...

The fact is under Dan 

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

So, you're saying Dan is not all about the money ?

not when it comes to visitor/ rival fans invading his stadium......  and yes under Dan Snyder leadership this has become a greater problem :)

11 minutes ago, hailmary said:

BTW I never said that... "more than redskin fans" So be sure to have the "facts" 

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

More visitor fans than who ?

you can't cry about facts and then put words in my mouth.....read the blog it may help you, if not i can't at this point :)

5 minutes ago, hailmary said:

you can't cry about facts and then put words in my mouth.....read the blog it may help you, if not i can't at this point :)

What blog?  There wasn't one linked when you made this claim?  I sure took it as you meaning more fans of other teams than our team but I could have misunderstood.  Please clarify what you meant.

1 hour ago, hailmary said:

Danny has had more visitor fans in his stadium ........any "Correlation"  lol :)

Here I went and quoted your whole post so there won't be any confusion as to if we are putting words in your mouth.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What blog?  There wasn't one linked when you made this claim?  I sure took it as you meaning more fans of other teams than our team but I could have misunderstood.  Please clarify what you meant.

this blog and I wasn't talking or quoting you !

4 minutes ago, hailmary said:

this blog and I wasn't talking or quoting you !

Okay.  My mistake.  I thought you meant someone's blog.  I usually call this a thread but that's just me.  Anyways, I went and quoted your entire post about visitors in our stadium.  Please explain and/or clarify.

Edit: and I get that you didn't quote me but it is a group discussion.

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

you can't cry about facts ( that I don't back up. ) and ( then quote me ) ..... :)

you may want to take your own advice and stick with the "facts"  best of luck defending Dan and good night :)

4 hours ago, XtremeFan55 said:

I really think we need to stop giving Bruce Allen too much credit.  He is just a lackey for Dan Snyder.  That's it.  He will do whatever he can to appease his master to keep his comfortable job but the real person behind all this is Snyder.  If Snyder wanted to keep Cousins then a contract would be done.  Weak leaders hide behind their lackeys to shelter themselves from the backlash.

Blame Snyder for every fiasco that has happened since he became owner.

The firing of Scot McCloughan may have been to pin the blame on him for the team not signing Cousins when they had a chance.  But it was Snyder who made the ultimate call not to pay Cousins.

I would bet big bucks that Cousins will be gone if not this year but by next year.  And when Cousins leaves then Snyder will try to smear his reputation.  Problem is...Cousins is too good, clean and ethical to be tainted with any whiff of a scandal..

C'mon man its not some giant conspiracy.

Dan is a freaking moron yes, but he wants to win desperately. I would guess that he feels that the best chance we have of doing that is if we ride with Capt. Kirk. This is the same guy who has opened his checkbook for every past thier prime overpriced FA that ever existed.

This is Bruce and his negotiating tacttics. I really hope he doesn't screw this up. I will trust him for now, he has been good at cleaning up a lot of our cap messes, although he may be partly to blame for the 36 mil. In penalties, he has put us in a good position going forward. 

Dan is not Darth Vader ......more like Dark Helmet

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Holy ****, what are you guys talking about?

@thesubmittedone , do we need to lock up the liquor again?

I wish I could blame the amount of crazy in here on intoxicants, but alas...  :mellow:

There's a joke somewhere here regarding the team's handling of Scot... but I don't care enough to find it. :D 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I would've bet any amount of money that we would ink KC to a big deal, but this thing is starting to smell a bit sour.  So...

If Cousins plays on the tag this year, can we transition tag him next year, let him negotiate a deal with another team, match it, and still keep him?  Maybe Bruce needs more convincing and another year could do it?  I know I'm reaching here and that if we were gonna sign him, it would make much more sense to get it done now.  

Either way, Bruce is seriously peeing in the pool.  KC might play on the tag this year, but the media coverage of it (the entire ****ing year) will be unbearable.  If he ain't happy, I would expect it to show up in his game.  And if he has a bad stretch, the rumors will start swirling about how he can't wait to leave town.  It's a powder keg.  Tick tock.

Oh, and **** you Bruce.

If it negatively affects his game then that will negatively affect how much money teams are willing to pay him in 2018. I've said before that I think we overestimate how good Kirk is compared to the rest of the league. If we get enough Bad Kirk in 2017... his TDs drop, his INTs go up, still awful in the red zone, etc...I don't see any team paying him the biggest contract in the NFL. 

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If it negatively affects his game then that will negatively affect how much money teams are willing to pay him in 2018. I've said before that I think we overestimate how good Kirk is compared to the rest of the league. If we get enough Bad Kirk in 2017... his TDs drop, his INTs go up, still awful in the red zone, etc...I don't see any team paying him the biggest contract in the NFL. 

he has excelled in about every metric that any quarterback can be judged on in the last two seasons, whether old fashioned stats or advanced stats

in my opinion, it's the complete opposite, i think a lot of people here overestimate the QB play around the league and think Kirk is average at best, when Kirk is playing the position at an extremely high level

we have the, "kirk is an interception waiting to happen" people, and yes, kirk had his struggles with interceptions early in his career, but many forget that Peyton Manning had one of the all time high interception seasons his rookie season, growing through interceptions is something that a lot of great quarterbacks have had to do

we have the, "kirk is not clutch" people, and these people forget what a testament it is to kirk that we have even had games in December/January to be clutch in the last two seasons with a godawful defense and a non-existent run game

we have the, "kirk is just not that good" people, and then let's get real about it, what QB would you trade straight up for Kirk and feel good about it?

Aaron Rodgers - yes, i'm jumping up and down

Tom Brady - yes, i'm smiling, but thinking age is not on his side (plus i hate Tom Brady's guts - well all of the patriots, not just Tom Brady)

Matt Ryan - yes, but i catch myself looking at some of his down years and wondering

Drew Brees - yes, but age is not on his side

Ben Roethlisberger - yes, but is he going to be healthy, how much longer is he going to play

Those are the only ones to me you say yes to, and all but one of those have some question marks

Now we get into the tough decisions, and I'm aware some of you may put some of these into the easy yes, i'd trade Kirk straight up for them, but this is my list

These are the guys you can feel comfortable with:

Andrew Luck

Derek Carr

Matthew Stafford

Russell Wilson

Philip Rivers

Then slightly below that:

Cam Newton

Eli Manning

Jameis Winston

Blake Bortles

Joe Flacco

Andy Dalton

Dak Prescott

Carson Wentz

Sam Bradford

So by my estimation, there are only a handful of QBs that I would take over Kirk, and I'm sure there are some who would say, "hell yea, I'd take Derek Carr over Kirk" and certainly an argument could be made for that, but I would be happy with Kirk leading my team over Derek Carr (but I could also be happy with Carr)

I would pay Kirk whatever it takes to get a LTD deal done and I wouldn't blink twice

Archived