Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

On 10/3/2016 at 8:00 PM, bankonhank said:

I didn't even think about all the players being home-grown, what a novel thing for this team! It would be amazing if Trent Murphy turned out to be an 8 or 9 sack a season player. 

He started getting snaps in the second half of the Giants game, so in 10 quarters he has 5 sacks and 2 FFs.

Murphy is our second best defender.

Thought our Defense was amazing today!  I really did.   And you know it was a "wind bowl" in there today and to have the D step up the way they did won the game for us.

AND how many times have the Skins actually been on the lucky end during games?  Not many.  So this is a trend I would love to see continue.  You need a little luck in this league to win close games.   

I think I need to stay in this thread more often. The way people are talking in the other threads you would think we lost 3 straight not WON 3 STRAIGHT....That smy positive for the week. We were 0-2 and looked about done before the season got started. The guys never quit and we are above .500 after 5 weeks!

On another positive, practically every Ravens fan thought this game was a lock.  Their hatred for the Redskins is visceral and irrational and it kills them when the Redskins have ANY success.  So today is truly a day they suffer.   

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

Team found a way to win. The TEAM.

That's the best thing you can say on any given Sunday. 

If you're bored (I normally do this every week late after a win for some reason) go peep some of the Ravens boards... they're ready to fire Trestman and some of them are ready to fire Harbaugh lol

About 65% of the Ravens rushing attempts were for 3 yards or less.  One of their 4 yard runs turned into a  loss of 9 because of an illegal formation. Go from an obvious run down to a passing situation of the type we had shown against the Browns we couldn't stop.  Another one of those runs over 4 was a 6 yard scramble.  16 of the Raven's pass attempts came when the run was not really an option.  The last time they had the ball in the first half (OK, second to last), they had less than a minute and a half to go 80 yards and the first play did pick up 9 yards.  On their last drive, 13 of the passes were thrown. Another one resulted in an interference call and set up the Ravens FG. It was not bonehead to go away from the run.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I think I need to stay in this thread more often. The way people are talking in the other threads you would think we lost 3 straight not WON 3 STRAIGHT....That smy positive for the week. We were 0-2 and looked about done before the season got started. The guys never quit and we are above .500 after 5 weeks!

It's exactly the reason I started this thread, our fan base this organization needs some positive thoughts!!  Read any other thread on this board and you would think we aren't defending division champs and are 0-5 this season.  Gotta keep the mojo going!  

Im really looking forward to Kirk hitting D Jax on a long ball soon!!  Who better than the eagles to feel the deep ball connection!  

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

If you're bored (I normally do this every week late after a win for some reason) go peep some of the Ravens boards... they're ready to fire Trestman and some of them are ready to fire Harbaugh lol

:ols:

I don't normally do that, but drinking their delicious tears might be too good of an opportunity to pass up, so thanks for bringing that to my attention. :) 

21 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Let the positivity rain down!!!  Time to go 4-2!!!!!

If we handle our business, HOPEFULLY we can finally get some help with Dallas from the Packers.

The NFC East looks up this year... and these division games are going to be huge come January

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We lost 3/4 of our secondary and it improved.

I want to be positive, but that wind affected both of us today.

However, I do think very highly of Dunbar.

Also Love Hall as a footballer, but as a talent he's been over the hill for almost five years.

Archived