Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS TO PARTICIPATE AS VISITING TEAM IN NFL INTERNATIONAL SERIES IN LONDON IN 2016

TK

8 home games, 6 road games and 2 neutral site games.

Better than 8 home,8 away.

I'll take it if I can get it.

Bye would have to be either before or after the road trip.

They are usually after.

So I guess this means the Redskins' bye week will be on November 7th in 2016.

Reading the quotes in the paper, players like Trent are not enthusiastic about this at all. Saying that they'd be better off staying state side.

Play in London on a neutral field is better than playing on Cincy. Take the away crowd out of it, you remove the home team's home field advantage.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I really am rooting for the back-to-back games in London.

Califan is gonna have to get up at 630 am after a late night on the town of the West Coast hot spots! :D

I forgot about the west coast. But I'm up by 7 even on the weekends.

For some football does not trump church 7 days a week. This is not about folks getting their lazy asses out of bed and sleeping their lives away. Jeez.

HTTR!

I forgot who it was (SAli457180) who said he didn't want to get up early. Just messing with some people. I think I assumed he was on the east coast.

Stop footballing your spiritual life away and go to church. Its on literally ALL DAY and Man invented dvrs. Football will never change your eternity, a relationship with God will. Just figured I say that, ya know, while we're all giving life advice and what not. :)

I know you're just messing with me. But on a serious note, me and the man upstairs aren't on good terms. Haven't been to church or wanted to on a consistent basis since I was a teenager. Tried to go back several times over the years, but I felt nothing.

I forgot about the west coast. But I'm up by 7 even on the weekends.

I forgot who it was (SAli457180) who said he didn't want to get up early. Just messing with some people. I think I assumed he was on the east coast.

I'm actually on the east coast here in VA.  I just don't like the idea of having to get up at like @ 8:30 or 9 and then have the game on @ 9:30 and then start hooping and hollering around that early.  Most of us have a set routine when it comes to games.  1 pm, 4:25 or 8:30 are fine for Sundays.  9:30 am for possibly 2 consecutive Sundays is not IMO.  

• 3 weeks later...

So, this will be my first Skins game (I will get stateside one day!). To ensure I got the seats I wanted, I've had to drop £370 ($550) on it today and pay for a 'season ticket' for me and my girl (All 3 London games), and then will sell the tickets to the other games as I'm only really bothered about the Skins. Of course if we end up with the Rams I'll be keeping those tickets too and seeing us twice. Would be nice to catch the Colts game too, but I'm not interested enough to keep the tickets, rather get my money back on those.

Really frustrating to have to jump on the season ticket, but scalpers are already touting tickets in the same block my seats are in for £140 (Face value is £60). I didn't dare risk waiting til the individual games general sale in January, as tickets going fast, and seeing the Redskins is far too important to gamble with for me. (Disclaimer: The tickets I sell will be for face value, I have no interest in ripping other fans off).

I don't live in London so it's going to do me another £100 ($150) per trip in petrol too to get there and back!

On the plus side, if we do play the Rams, I don't have to panic about getting tickets for that one.

BUT despite my frustration with acquiring tickets and having to dump a pile of cash on it (although NFL let us split payment over 3 months so not so bad really), I am PUMPED to have got sorted and secured my spot in the stands to witness a mighty Redskin victory.

NFL really taking off over here, I've been a Skins fan for about 6 or 7 years now, and there is a noticeable increase in the amount of friends and colleagues who watch NFL just in that time frame. When I first started watching, it was definitely a niche sport over here, but the London games have really caught people's imagination and now there's a lot more interest (albeit it's usually a bit more casual then my fantacism!).

Really looking forward to this. HTTR.

I am starting to get annoyed that the Redskins will be playing in London about 6 months after I move full time to the US. West Coast as well.

I'm weighing up if I should trade some brownie points in with my wife to make a trip back to London to watch this game or use the same funds to make say 3 trips over to the East Coast to watch games at FedEx.

So, this will be my first Skins game (I will get stateside one day!). To ensure I got the seats I wanted, I've had to drop £370 ($550) on it today and pay for a 'season ticket' for me and my girl (All 3 London games), and then will sell the tickets to the other games as I'm only really bothered about the Skins. Of course if we end up with the Rams I'll be keeping those tickets too and seeing us twice. Would be nice to catch the Colts game too, but I'm not interested enough to keep the tickets, rather get my money back on those.....

Really looking forward to this. HTTR.

Do you have a link for buying a 'season ticket'? Also, do you have any information on seating at the stadium (i.e., best seats, travel to/from the stadium, etc.)? 

My wife & I are absolutely going to be there for the game on the 30th. My buddy (who grew up with me in DC) has been in STL for the last 25 years so he's both a Skins fan & a STL fan. If it ends up being WAS vs. STL the week of 10/23 we'll probably end up going to that game instead of the 10/30 game. Buying these 'season tickets' will help out if the Skins end up playing both games in London. I can go to the game I want & then sell the others.

Sorry dude - only just saw above post http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl is the link - you will probably find best seats are already gone, however I can honestly say having sat in a couple of different sections at Wembley for other games that there is no seat that gives you a "bad" view of the pitch, you have a decent view from every seat, even the nosebleeds, it's a really well designed stadium (although I don't like Rugby so have never been to Twickenham so can't comment on the views there if you end up at the Rams game).

The link on the Wembley seats lets you click a little binoculars icon once you put them in your basket which opens up a picture of the exact view from the seats you have selected. Good luck dude :)

The complete naivety that still prevails over the London games after all the massive success of them still never ceases to amaze. 

Hail. 

Much like a third division team from England would more than likely run away with the MLS Cup, you'd be hard pressed to find an English Football team that could be a Triple A high school from Virginia.

It is what it is what it is. :)

Happy for this. Still waiting on some news in the next month or so, but this might be a good time for a family reunion.  We could do a double/Triple depending on what our Red Men are doing!

I am starting to get annoyed that the Redskins will be playing in London about 6 months after I move full time to the US. West Coast as well.

I'm weighing up if I should trade some brownie points in with my wife to make a trip back to London to watch this game or use the same funds to make say 3 trips over to the East Coast to watch games at FedEx.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Now THAT is some excellent news!

Yep. Work transfer - but its essentially a permanent move.

Just had an offer on a house accepted and we plan to fly out 27th Feb. Chandler area of Phoenix.

Congrats, Martin!  That's good news!

Well, you'll just have to fly out east a couple of times a year for a game :)

EDIT: And just a warno, you thought it was hard watching Leeds before, wait until you're doing it at 4:30 am! :lol:

I am against the "International League" games for a number of reasons. First, it takes money away from local communities near these NFL Stadiums. People who work in these NFL stadiums that rely on these home games to feed there families lose a paycheck. Also the season ticket holders who pay good money lose a home game. Most likely if the skins - Bengals was played in the US it would have been a Sunday or Monday night game with huge story lines Jay going up aginst his former team with Andy Dalton etc...

I am against the "International League" games for a number of reasons. First, it takes money away from local communities near these NFL Stadiums. People who work in these NFL stadiums that rely on these home games to feed there families lose a paycheck. Also the season ticket holders who pay good money lose a home game. Most likely if the skins - Bengals was played in the US it would have been a Sunday or Monday night game with huge story lines Jay going up aginst his former team with Andy Dalton etc...

Don't know anything about the employment situation in the US and how it works with stadium staff so won't comment, except to say that I would be surprised (but feel a little guilty) if anyone was feeding their family off working 8 days a year in the stadium. Don't mean to condescend to anyone, I've had my own rough times, and understand that it may only be a supplementary form of income etc, but with 10months notice, I'm sure people can prepare for it.

Surely Season ticket holders only pay for 7/8ths of their ticket cost? If they pay full price for 88% of the product then they have every right to feel aggrieved. 

I don't blame anyone for being against the international series, but in a purely selfish sense, it's a good thing for me and I'm excited about it.

Much like a third division team from England would more than likely run away with the MLS Cup, you'd be hard pressed to find an English Football team that could be a Triple A high school from Virginia.

It is what it is what it is. :)

Happy for this. Still waiting on some news in the next month or so, but this might be a good time for a family reunion.  We could do a double/Triple depending on what our Red Men are doing!

I thought you, I, and our hyperactive (if misguided) young Gooner friend had a date in Dallas next year?

This is going to get pricey. And messy. Very, VERY measy. 

Hail. 

I thought you, I, and our hyperactive (if misguided) young Gooner friend had a date in Dallas next year?

This is going to get pricey. And messy. Very, VERY measy. 

Hail. 

Might just have to go up for the Seattle game.

I'll keep you posted.

I hate planning events when I'm vulnerable and I'm vulnerable right now :lol:

And BTW, that win just made it to where it's only one game in England.  So we'll have to find out that weekend and see who and where we're playing.  With any luck it's at the Emirates and we won't have to kidnap him.

Archived