Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS TO PARTICIPATE AS VISITING TEAM IN NFL INTERNATIONAL SERIES IN LONDON IN 2016

TK

I just don't get NFL games in Europe.  I think the owners are smoking something if they think they can export American football to Europe. The way things are going with concussions I think football has hit its zenith in the US and my start to decline as more parents keep their kids out of high school football because of safety concerns.

Aside from thinking the whole exercise is stupid I hope the travel doesn't mess up routines and result in a needless loss.  Romo will probably stay healthy this year so winning the division is going to be a challenge without barnstorming in London.

I just don't get NFL games in Europe....Aside from thinking the whole exercise is stupid I hope the travel doesn't mess up routines and result in a needless loss.  romoSUCKS will probably stay healthy this year so winning the division is going to be a challenge without barnstorming in London.

I think it's a win/win for us. Bengals away (certainly on recent form) is a guaranteed loss so I really can't understand why you think this might result in a "needless loss". Add in the fact that the Redskins will hopefully have a lot more fans there than the Bengals and it tilts things in our favour playing at Wembley.

I think the idea of an NFL franchise in Europe is nuts but stop being so negative about playing the occasional game here.

• 2 weeks later...

So will the game in fact be a 1 PM game or 9:30 AM like last years London games?

Alistair Kirkwood, the head of NFLUK every year so far has announced the kick off times at his Super Bowl press conference. We should know what time the game starts at this weekend. I'd expect it'll be around 9.30am ET. 

Archived