Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone else is taking credit for my Man Cave

StephenB

Hi guys....I apologize if this is on the wrong forum, but I hoping you can help.  Earlier this week, the Redskins posted a picture on my Skins Man Cave on their Facebook page.  Yesterday, a follow-up article was posted on Redskins.com where another fan claimed it was his creation.  http://blog.redskins.com/2015/02/13/the-fan-behind-the-redskins-fan-cave/

I'm assuming it is all an honest mistake, but it is not his Man Cave, it is mine and I can prove it...

2015-02-14-11-05-43.jpg

Does anyone know how I can get this corrected?  I busted my tail on this and don't want to see someone else wrongly claim this work as their own.

Thanks!

You should contact the writer...

I was thinking the same, but I don't see a link allowing me to contact him.  I just added a comment to the article letting him know that I'm the owner of this Man Cave.  I also posted the thread here hoping the author would see it or be made aware of it.

It just seems very odd to me that someone would do that.

Looks like they took the blog post down. What a strange thing for someone to be dishonest about.

I've since traded emails with the writer of the article.  He seems to be a very gracious guy.  He informed me that the team has taken down the article.

I'm not a huge self promoter, but it bothers the hell out of me that someone else would take credit for my work.  Also, doesn't the guy realize that someone that is big enough of a fan to make such a Man Cave would be aware that his Cave is being featured on the 'Skins Facebook page?  And that the same fan would catch him taking credit for his work?  Sheesh.

Thanks for all your help guys.

HTTR

That's some straight up BS. I saw the picture on Redskins Nation and recognized it, but couldn't remember where I saw it. The key was the D.Green jersey. Can't believe some idiot would try to steal that. I hope he gets flamed. 

Yeah, it really pisses me off that someone would do this, but at this point I say just let it be.  No point in me harassing the guy about it.

Have you considered that maybe you have a squatter? A lot of people are doing that these days.

LOL.  What a nightmare that would be!

People are something else, aren't they.

I love those too.  The problem is that they were worn during perhaps the team's lowest point ('59-'64).  I can't see the team going back to a design from such a bleak period.  Not that today is so great either though.

I see what you're saying here, but we sort of have the 70's uniforms going on now. We've even done the gold " R " design ( 2007 ). We've done the 60's with the spear and feather design ( 2002 ). Our current throwbacks ( 20012 ) are basically the late 1930's ... I think we'll get a new throwback in 2017 ( 2002. 2007, 2012 .... ). That early 1960's design is really the only one we haven't covered, and it's the only helmet we haven't used as a throwback that has a logo on it. Our  '40's and 1950's were plain burgundy or gold, so ... maybe ?

Edit: But, then again with the supposed rule about not switching helmets, I'm not sure what our options are.

Screw it man, let out some frustration by calling this dude out on his foolishness 

If it were a few years ago, I wouldn't hesitate calling this guy out.  But since then, I've dealt with some serious crazy with my ex brother in law.  He went bat**** crazy, and we had to hire an attorney, get the authorities involved, the whole 9.   So that experience gives me a new perspective on these types of things.  I don't know this guy's mental state or what he is capable of.  Me calling him out could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in his world.

Chances are that he'll do nothing and just be embarrassed.  I know I sound like a ****, but I need to ask myself if it's worth it.  I'll sleep on it before doing anything.

Contact the Redskins and have them post the right information. Do a little story write up and lots of pictures...how you got there, motivation, favorite players, influences, approximate costs, etc. and lots of pictures. Nothing negative, totally positive.

Maybe if they post it you will get justice and satisfaction...without having to call the guy out or take it into negative space.

Just an idea

Contact the Redskins and have them post the right information. Do a little story write up and lots of pictures...how you got there, motivation, favorite players, influences, approximate costs, etc. and lots of pictures. Nothing negative, totally positive.

Maybe if they post it you will get justice and satisfaction...without having to call the guy out or take it into negative space.

Just an idea

Actually, I've spoken to the guy that posted the article for Redskins.com.  The plan is to let the dust a bit, then posting another story citing me as the creator of the Man Cave.  Waiting a bit to repost the story will give that rat **** an opportunity to save a little face.

If it were a few years ago, I wouldn't hesitate calling this guy out.  But since then, I've dealt with some serious crazy with my ex brother in law.  He went bats**t crazy, and we had to hire an attorney, get the authorities involved, the whole 9.   So that experience gives me a new perspective on these types of things.  I don't know this guy's mental state or what he is capable of.  Me calling him out could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in his world.

Chances are that he'll do nothing and just be embarrassed.  I know I sound like a p***, but I need to ask myself if it's worth it.  I'll sleep on it before doing anything.

You seem like you want to take the high road, take it.  People are crazy and it's hard to understand the mindset of someone going around telling people 'Check out my Redskins mancave.'  Eventually the story will get to him for sure so he will just humiliate himself.  

How weird. I hope to see this guy pay the price, then maybe get a shot at a Tosh.0 Web Redemption. Or maybe Siragusa make him some sad ass mancave with nothing but Siragusa fatheads.. Something.  It looks pretty awesome and like a lot of hard work was involved. Sounds like you'll get the credit you deserve. Nice work!

Take the high road, brother. He's not worth it and anything harsh you say will only have a negative effect.

If you really want to respond, just tell him how bad it made you feel and how unfortunate it was that he didn't care at all about how it'd harm you. No one likes to see their credit or value diminished on anything they did or worked on.

In the end, the story was taken down and you're getting your due, so I wouldn't go out of my way to confront the guy. You got your justice. ;)

Archived