Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

The DCEU lacks a coherent vision and has from the start.

I almost want them to just stop.  Just stop, blow it up completely and take a breath for a couple years.  Then reboot it from the ground up.  This trying to fix it on the fly business is trouble.

I think Wonder Woman not sucking was a blessing and a curse.  Cuz they think they have at least a little something to work with and cant just stop the car.  You've got WW and Aquaman on the left from the previous incarnation, but you've got Batman, Superman, and Flash on the right in limbo and dont know what they wanna do with them. 

And Shazam, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, Joker movies, etc out there doing lord knows what.  Who knows how that's all going to tie in.

Edited by justice98
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

The DCEU lacks a coherent vision and has from the start.

I’ve read that they had one single story they wanted to tell but the overreaction to BvS made them scrap it. 

The plan was:

Man of Steel

BvS /MoS 2

then a Justice League trilogy in which the older Batman sacrifices himself in the middle movie to save the group

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's also really dumb when you won't even cast the actual Flash in Justice League (not that I ever watched the show), now that I think about it.

He's actually really good at portraying the Flash, but Snyder basically killed any chance of those actors to ever be in the DCEU or that those stories are in the same universe. 

Which I think is a major issue with how they've operated and their future plans. The overall audience has been sold on the MCU, so trying to half ass it with the DCEU and have the tv shows be it's own separate Arrowverse just confuses the casual audience. Never mind that the rumored Joker origin movie and Harley Quinn movies might not be in the same universe, and even diehard DC fans are simply confused. 

9 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

All of this GREAT source material and WB is just ruining it.

This should be relatively easy.

Heck, I bet a few of us in this thread could get together and create a kick ass DCEU.

I know how to at least not screw up Batman. I have no idea what they're doing trying to make a Cyborg movie, with that PS3 CG they're using. That's what bugged me most about all those .movies, and what surprised me about Infinity War. I loathe all CG characters, and they so.ehiw made me forget about Thanos, and several of the henchmen. Darkseid Jr and Cyborg were a laughing stock. No way id be able to survive an entire movie of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Aquaman movie looks trash. 

Anyone watching Arrow or Black Lightning?

Arrow has a serious wtf at the end of episode 1. And BL...whoa. That show keeps getting better.

Also...did Titans drop yet because I keep seeing commercials for it..

Black Lightning is doing so much more than I ever thought they would, and I'm happy for it. Its a love it or leave it kinda position, but I'm glad they're not simply setting with having black superheros and leaving it at that. Nah they going at issues directly related to minority communities