Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I was outside all day. So AC was off

I meant for the last decade and eternity.

Glad to see you are getting exercise and preparing to outrun the rising seas though.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, twa said:

I meant for the last decade and eternity.

Glad to see you are getting exercise and preparing to outrun the rising seas though.

I don't understand why you're using ridiculous exaggerations.  "WHY ISN'T IT WATERWORLD THEN?  KEVIN COSTNER!?"

I know this is hard to believe, but on a planetary scale, things usually happen gradually.  Like evolution.  Give the planet a few hundred million years, and it'll create some stupid ass giant lizards.

Dump a new source of greenhouse gases in to the atmosphere, the atmosphere will react.

If a few dozen active volcanoes suddenly appeared tomorrow, there will be a consequence.

Not the next day, not the next decade, but EVENTUALLY, that **** will catch up to you.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't understand why you're using ridiculous exaggerations.  "WHY ISN'T IT WATERWORLD THEN?  KEVIN COSTNER!?"

I know this is hard to believe, but on a planetary scale, things usually happen gradually.  Like evolution.  Give the planet a few hundred million years, and it'll create some stupid ass giant lizards.

Dump a new source of greenhouse gases in to the atmosphere, the atmosphere will react.

If a few dozen active volcanoes suddenly appeared tomorrow, there will be a consequence.

Not the next day, not the next decade, but EVENTUALLY, that **** will catch up to you.

Primarily they don't believe any of it because the first time any of them ever heard of global warming was from the mouth of Al Gore. Their entire opposition is based on the genetic fallacy. 

And we wonder why a majority of Republicans believe college is harmful. Even a few years ago climate deniers on here denied ANY climate change at all. Now, most have come around and accepted that there is legitimate climate change, but they deny the human influence. That'll change one day too. For me, all you have to do is go back to that genetic fallacy they committed from the start and ask why they committed it. Gore is to them a Liberal and he was attacking a bedrock industry that is favored by Republicans. All of the sudden climate science was politicized. This is why if you ask a person their position on climate change you can with a high degree of accuracy identify the political party they affilitate with. One side looks at the science and draws conclusions, the other side looks at their party loyalties and then forces the science to agree with that. @twa will show up before long with another snarky and dismissive post, or he'll attack the science again because it gets cold in January, or he'll post yet another article from a hack website but innthe end you can trace his objection straight back to Al Gore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Many lines of evidence demonstrate that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are primarily responsible for the observed climate changes over the last 15 decades. There are no alternative explanations. There are no apparent natural cycles in the observational record that can explain the recent changes in climate (e.g., PAGES 2K 2013; Marcott et al. 2013). In addition, natural cycles within the Earth’s climate system can only redistribute heat; they cannot be responsible for the observed increase in the overall heat content of the climate system (Church et al. 2011). Internal variability, alternative explanations, or even unknown forcing factors cannot explain the majority of the observed changes in climate (Anderson et al. 2012)."

$5 says this section is redacted in the "approved" version. 

Much of that warming (1.2 degrees Fahrenheit) happened between 1951 and 2010, and the report says that warming was “extremely likely” to have been caused by humans.

...and the Republican response....

giphy.gif

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 9:48 PM, twa said:

Polar bears are doing fine, their meals not so much. 

Uhh, riiight. And cigarettes don't cause lung cancer. Remember that one?

Polar Bear Population, Threatened By Shrinking Sea Ice, Could Drop 30 Percent In 40 Years

Emblematic of the effects of climate change, polar bears have once again been shown to be highly vulnerable due to shrinking sea ice levels throughout the range of their habitat. A study published Wednesday by an international team of researchers found a 71 percent chance that over 30 percent of Earth’s polar bear population could be gone in 35-41 years....

No amount of data or science is going to change their position and here's why. Either they already know, or they're stupid. Most of the GOP leadership already knows. They just can't come out and say it because "it's a liberal conspiracy" sounds better (to their base) than "these really rich people give us money and they want more money and we want them to have more money". And of course, some are really stupid and believe that obvious lie.

• Like 1

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

"these really rich people give us money and they want more money and we want them to have more money". And of course, some are really stupid and believe that obvious lie.

following the money is usually revealing, for both sides.

Just now, twa said:

following the money is usually revealing, for both sides.

No doubt. And really, who gives a **** about polar bears anyway? They're not all nice and cuddly like the coca-cola liberal machine would have you believe. You ever see what one of those monsters can do to a seal? Polar bears are actually ***holes. They're still better than Hillary though.

• Haha 2