Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

No doubt. And really, who gives a **** about polar bears anyway? They're not all nice and cuddly like the coca-cola liberal machine would have you believe. You ever see what one of those monsters can do to a seal? Polar bears are actually ***holes. They're still better than Hillary though.

Have you seen how savage the bald eagles are???

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh there he goes on the scientists are only doing this for grant money conspiracy. 

Seriously, the sheer amount of camel **** these guys are willing to swallow is truly impressive. 

It helps it go down easier if you're trolling for fun and/or profit.

• Like 1

So San Francisco was experiencing record high temps, the greater Los Angeles area had the largest wild fires ever, while a portion of Texas was underwater.

I have heard tons about how much it will "hurt the economy" to start addressing Climate Change, but on the other hand, how many tax dollars go into rebuilding these devastated areas?

I caught a short segment on "Fox Business" channel, where surprise surprise someone from a right-wing think tank was making the argument that the federal gov't stepping in with help would discourage local municipalities from doing it themselves.........ugh.

On 8/28/2017 at 0:49 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh there he goes on the scientists are only doing this for grant money conspiracy. 

While not being what I said it seems ya'll readily accept scientists can be bought ....when convenient and not your side.

:kickcan: 

4 hours ago, twa said:

While not being what I said it seems ya'll readily accept scientists can be bought ....when convenient and not your side.

Oh you mean the "scientists" who have knowingly produced reports on behalf of the corporations they work for that have paid for reports to favor them only to find out that their "reports" don't stand up to peer review? Yeah, no doubt there. However, your conspiracy theory (that you have fronted before) doesn't hold water when faved with the over whelming number of peer reviewed studies that demontrate that #1 there is climate change, and #2 it is being caused by man's actions. 

But you keep slamming your head into the sand pretending that your fantasy is reality. Meanwhile future generations will be left to clean up from your failures.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Peer review has some problems as well. 

Does it?

I believe the foundation of peer review is that your data backups up what you're saying, in reproducible ways.

It is funny how one "side" seems to have little trouble with it (considering the vast amount of research being done, they're far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes) while the other "side" seems to avoid it like the plague

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

Peer review has some problems as well. :kiss-smileys:

#1 is certainly well accepted, the degree of #2 much less so....solutions even less

#1 does not equate to the others being in the same category

Funny how just a few years ago you and the GOP were following your corporatist overlords in spouting the line that there was no such thing as climate change. At least you accept it now.

Maybe in a few years you'll be given new orders that will allow you to believe that #2 is true too...just like the peer reviewed studies demonstrate. 

I hope my kids aren't stuck because you were too blind to look up from your ideology.

This is stupid. Climate change is real. AGW is real. There's three kinds of people on the other side of the debate.

1. People who know it is real but think pretending it's not sounds better than "yeah, we know we're destroying the environment but some really rich people want to have even more money and we like that because either we're them or they give us some of that money."

2. People who know it's real but just don't care because being part of club GOP takes precedent over all facts & principles.

3. Stupid people who believe 1 & 2.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 7:40 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This is stupid. Climate change is real. AGW is real. There's three kinds of people on the other side of the debate.

1. People who know it is real but think pretending it's not sounds better than "yeah, we know we're destroying the environment but some really rich people want to have even more money and we like that because either we're them or they give us some of that money."

2. People who know it's real but just don't care because being part of club GOP takes precedent over all facts & principles.

3. Stupid people who believe 1 & 2.

You forgot one

4.  Trolls

Edited by Predicto

On September 5, 2017 at 10:25 AM, twa said:

The scientist bought by the big oil money are on the whole, not climate scientists. They are often not scientists at all. 

When you can show me the equivalent of *this* for scientists who believe in the fact of man made global warming  you will have a point. Until then you are just talking more bull****.

Scientists and economists have been offered $10,000 each by a lobby group funded by one of the world's largest oil companies to undermine a major climate change report due to be published today.

Letters sent by the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), an ExxonMobil-funded thinktank with close links to the Bush administration, offered the payments for articles that emphasise the shortcomings of a report from the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2007/feb/02/frontpagenews.climatechange

Meanwhile....

http://www.popsci.com/climate-change-infographic-our-warming-planet?con=TrueAnthem&dom=fb&src=SOC&utm_campaign&utm_content=59be881a04d30153b04c0199&utm_medium&utm_source

charted-opener_ref-numbers_v2_141k.png.4c405fb60aab2dcc717c276cbed55edb.png

Edited by Mad Mike

Here's the reality....

We are operating under the most corrupt administration in American history. If they had any argument based on scientific fact they would be using it. The choice they have made is to purge any mention of climate change from government. They have removed taxpayer funded information from the internet and stifled the free speech of anyone in any government position who disagrees.

The Trump administration is complicit in crimes against humanity and if there is any justice in they world they will be convicted of corruption and treason and publicly executed.

Tillerson used email alias at Exxon to talk climate: New York attorney general

Study Confirms ExxonMobil Knew About Climate Change Decades Ago, And Deliberately Misled Public