Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Breaking News: Shanahan Will Be Fired

truskinsfan18

These stories have been popping up all day.

Here's a screen capture of what I've been looking at since the game ended....so breaking news that sources say that Shanahan is to be fired is not breaking news at all since it seems that every news outlet in the country has had this story and those same sources all day.

11640351404_bcc89bb177_b.jpg

"Expected" to be fired is speculation.  For a major news source to say he "Will" be fired, is quite different.  

Snyder's a younger coach who's learning damn near every lesson there is.  I get it, but I still think he changed a bit around the time he hired Shanny.  He gave him control, he didn't butt into any personnel decisions, and it turned out bad.  I mean, it was good for a minute.  In fact, Shanny quickly got rid of Snyder's previous personnel decisions, as he should have.  I still like all that.  So I think Snyder still knows it's important to give control, and we can figure that:  since Shanny's hiring, we're truly just trying coaches out like everyone else and not playing typical Snyder games.

Watching that game tonight you had to remember that it was one year ago that the Skins were the ones getting the crucial fourth quarter interception from the Cowboys and winning the division.

In the aftermath of that great night, what would you think the odds would've been that, one year later, we'd be eagerly awaiting Shanny's dismissal?

Thats the beauty (and horror) of the NFL

NotForLong

I'm torn about this news. While I'm glad that Shanny is hitting the road, it leaves us in a position of treading water again waiting for someone to step in that is worthy of the position. I really hope this isn't another few seasons of turnstyle coaching staffs & roster upheavals that leave us scratching our heads wondering how we got here & what could possibly be next.

Snyder's a younger coach who's learning damn near every lesson there is.  I get it, but I still think he changed a bit around the time he hired Shanny.  He gave him control, he didn't butt into any personnel decisions, and it turned out bad.  I mean, it was good for a minute.  In fact, Shanny quickly got rid of Snyder's previous personnel decisions, as he should have.  I still like all that.  So I think Snyder still knows it's important to give control, and we can figure that:  since Shanny's hiring, we're truly just trying coaches out like everyone else and not playing typical Snyder games.

Yeah, I think there needs to be a delicate balance of power. What he needs to do is look at some of the more stable & successful franchises in the League & model his hierarchy based on that. From owner to GM to coach to assistants to trainers to players. Each position has it's role & each role has it's responsibilities. Those responsibilities should not overlap or bleed into other positions & each role should stick to what they were hired to do. The coach should not have full control of everything & the GM should not be answering to the coach.

But I agree that Snyder is young & is learning many difficult lessons. Hopefully, this situation doesn't influence him to try to take control back.

I'm torn about this news. While I'm glad that Shanny is hitting the road, it leaves us in a position of treading water again waiting for someone to step in that is worthy of the position. I really hope this isn't another few seasons of turnstyle coaching staffs & roster upheavals that leave us scratching our heads wondering how we got here & what could possibly be next.

Could it really get any worse though? The Skins are a laughing stock and the worst team in the NFL. Shanahan has been a disaster. 

The Redskins have not won since Nov. 3, an overtime victory over the San Diego Chargers, and lost their last eight games for the first time since 1960. Their 3-13 record is not only their worst since 1994, when they also won only three games, but marks the worst finish in Shanahan’s 19 years as a coach. 

A person familiar with the situation said Shanahan and team owner Dan Snyder will meet Monday at 9 a.m. At this point, it seems likely the decision on whether to part with Shanahan comes down to the money:

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/29/redskins-season-over-shanahan-era-appears-be-well/?

I have 10 web browsers open all with pre-typed Mike is fired new ES topics waiting to be published. All slightly different, don't worry.  10 outta do it.  

Special Preview for Members Only

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-an          ***** Breaking News *****          animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-an

Graphics to make even Bob Costas proud. 

I have 10 web browsers open all with pre-typed Mike is fired new ES topics waiting to be published. All slightly different, don't worry.  10 outta do it.  

Special Preview for Members Only

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-an          ***** Breaking News *****          animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-an

Graphics to make even Bob Costas proud. 

Comrade Holt, 

Your Sir are a GOOD one. Keep up the good fight Soldier!

Hail. 

Archived