Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots accused of cheating.... ( again )...

JMS

What has this franchise ever won which hasn't been tainted by cheating?   All three of their superbowls were the product of cheating, and the NFL let them keep the victories and only penalized them with money and draft pick forfites...   Now everytime they get caught cheating again the NFL must relive their own culpability in this franchises dishonesty.

and now they are at it again.

Texans Allege ‘Fishy’ Adjustments By The Patriots

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/texans-allege-fishy-adjustments-by-the-patriots/

Who cares if they spy?  Why does that constitute as cheating?  I wish the redskins would do it.  We have too many nice players on this team.  I want thugs on my team who are willing to go the extra mile to win

That's a novel defense.   Yeah they cheat.... who cares...

why does videotaping your oponents closed practices on the eve of the superbowl constitute cheating?   Why does dumpster diving their players to find their playbooks?    Because it's against the rules and gives your team an unfair advantage based upon their willingness ot break the rules....

Basically the NFL is fun to watch if it's an athletic contest between two contestants who both have  achance to win.   If it devolves into who can surveil the other team the best off the field;  then it hurts the sport.

Belichick draws $500,000 fine, but avoids suspension

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

No real evidence other than a player certain Brady couldn't have deciphered their new D without cheating.

Yes no real evidence,  except the fact they've already been found guilty of cheating in 3 superbowls,   and continued to cheat after the NFL found them guilty,   and now this with several players making these new accusations.

2007_09_24_CHEATING_LARGE.JPG

Wait just a minute, folks -- Harbaugh's right, Pats' titles ARE tainted

Of course the Patriots' Super Bowl titles are tainted. We're not really having this discussion, are we? I mean, this isn't a point worthy of debate.

Is it?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18935926

Spygate was 6 years ago and they went 18-0 that season before Eli's miracle in Arizona.  They are not cheating, Houston sucks.  They are the only team that may be worse than the Redskins.

They are convicted cheaters,  who benifited greatly from cheating...  and you think they aren't cheating anylonger even when faced with various reports saying they are...

Sooo . . . dozens of players have left New England as free agents. Handfull of coordinators and assistants moved onto other teams. So the Patriots cheating is so rampant that even their old players won't blow the whistle on them?

Which is a great point if their franchise hadn't admitted they cheated.   A great point of we didn't already know there was a coverup where the whistleblowers were silenced by legal means, where all the evidence against them was destroyed, and where the entire scandal was swept under the rug.    Which is the real problem,  when you conspire to excuse cheating you will and should be roasted over the spit every time the report surfaces when the cheaters are reported to have returned to the malfeasense which lead to their success..

I assume the same scrutiny is being applied to the '72 Dolphins, who only snagged their head coach (ferchrissakes) by deliberately breaking the NFL's tampering rules regarding signing. They got caught too.

Opinions?  Hopefully we won't see any arbitrary lines being drawn in here between the Patriots' brand of lose-a-first-round-draft-pick cheating and the Dolphins' brand of lose-a-first-round-draft-pick cheating.

Just keeping us honest... I say it's cheating in both cases, and there has never been a legit "perfect" regular season or total season in the post-merger NFL.  Also, there must be something in the water with the AFC East.  ;)

LOL, this article is funny.  The Texans are similar to the Redskins, get over it, you guys suck too.  I think the Giants cheated yesterday, Eli didn't throw 4 picks like he normally does so something is fishy.  It's still amazing that people still cry about the "spygate" era.  Yet the Patriots have gone through so many players, several cordinators, get watched like hawks, but still manage to make the playoffs every single year?  Sometimes I wish Mike Shannahan would take page out of Pete Caroll's book and give some of our late round picks PED's and see what they can do.  If they get suspended who cares....

I think it's fairly ironic that we have fans of this team who decry the penalties for dumping salary in an uncapped year and also berate the Patriots for cheating.

We cheated in the uncapped year. The Patriots cheated when they spied. Dozens and dozens of players cheat every single game by holding, jumping off sides, interfering and hitting illegally.

Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Nobody in the league is a saint. It's all to get an advantage over the competition.

You don't have to be such a sorry sport about it.

They are convicted cheaters,  who benifited greatly from cheating...  and you think they aren't cheating anylonger even when faced with various reports saying they are...

Let me get this straight......a guy on a very bad Houston team says that he is suspicious of adjustments made by the pats and that constitutes a report that says they cheated?

Keep in mind, if this is true, the pats played it close to the vest by not utilizing their illegitimate knowledge of the Houston d the entire first half.

Halftime adjustments.....good teams make the,, BAD teams do not

Which is a great point if their franchise hadn't admitted they cheated.   A great point of we didn't already know there was a coverup where the whistleblowers were silenced by legal means, where all the evidence against them was destroyed, and where the entire scandal was swept under the rug.    Which is the real problem,  when you conspire to excuse cheating you will and should be roasted over the spit every time the report surfaces when the cheaters are reported to have returned to the malfeasense which lead to their success..

Do you know what a report is?

Let me get this straight......a guy on a very bad Houston team says that he is suspicious of adjustments made by the pats and that constitutes a report that says they cheated?

Keep in mind, if this is true, the pats played it close to the vest by not utilizing their illegitimate knowledge of the Houston d the entire first half.

Halftime adjustments.....good teams make the,, BAD teams do not

Exactly. They must have used the video from the previous week in the first half, then found the tape from this week's practice at halftime. Seriously, what have Redskins fans been whining about all season? How the Redskins don't make halftime adjustments and end up playing like dookie in the 2nd half and losing. This is what good teams do. They see things in the first half, then adjust as the game goes on. Sometimes, they can't adjust until half time. Then it's a different second half game.

Oh wait, it just hit me. I bet Smith saw Brady and Belichick looking at pictures on the sideline during the game. How did they get those pictures of the game that quickly? It's not fair they have pictures of plays that show what the other team is doing. No wonder they could adjust. They were cheating by looking at those pictures DURING the game.

If only the Texans had thought of that. Maybe all teams in the league should do that. What a great idea that would be.

I think it's fairly ironic that we have fans of this team who decry the penalties for dumping salary in an uncapped year and also berate the Patriots for cheating.

We cheated in the uncapped year. The Patriots cheated when they spied. Dozens and dozens of players cheat every single game by holding, jumping off sides, interfering and hitting illegally.

Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Nobody in the league is a saint. It's all to get an advantage over the competition.

You don't have to be such a sorry sport about it.

We didn't cheat the Patriots did. We did nothing against the rules, the Patriots did.

The NFL doesn't just arbitrarily take 36 million in cap money from teams.

We cheated.

You are so wrong.

If this were true, then every team who accelerated money into the uncapped year would have been penalized. They weren't. Only Washington & Dallas were penalized by a group led by the owner of the NYGonads. Notice any connection?

The NFL doesn't just arbitrarily take 36 million in cap money from teams.

We cheated.

The NFL admits the Redskins broke no rules. I agree that the league didn't arbitrarily take $36 million from us, but it's not because we 'cheated.'

I don't know about the Patriots this time around. The problem here isn't what they did or didn't do this past week. The problem is that the league is so corrupt and inconsistent and exhibits such blatant favoritism that the Patriots could very well have cheated and it won't make a damn bit of difference. And yeah, that's a bad thing. Listen to half of you: "I don't care if we cheat. We should be cheating so that WE can win!" 

That's what this league has turned into. It's almost unwatchable at this point.

You are so wrong.

If this were true, then every team who accelerated money into the uncapped year would have been penalized. They weren't. Only Washington & Dallas were penalized by a group led by the owner of the NYGonads. Notice any connection?

And we appealed, and still lost. If "cheated" is too strong a word, then we violated the spirit of the cap. We need to move on. It's not like constantly whining about it is going to change anything. And knowing this team, they probably would have overpaid for some bums the way they did McNabb and Haynesworth, anyway. Besides, we won the division without the extra cap money.

Archived