Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I actually liked their original plan. So will we not be able to share games without discs?

MS has hinted that you will be able to share digital games, but it's not something they have working at launch. Probably just saying the right thing, kind of like how Sony said the PSP would be able to play all PS3 games remotely.

Since I don't play games as frequently as I used to I am planning on using the Xbox One as apart of my entertainment system. It's entertainment components crush the playstation's where as I believe the PS4 will be better for pure gaming. I will most likely end up getting both though.

The PS3 was also suppose to be the more powerful machine with "The Cell Processor",  but it turned out that it didn't really have any advantages to developers.  If MS stuck with the borrowing of games policy, I was for sure getting a PS4.  I borrow games with a coworker quite frequently.  I don't need to be bothered with transferring a license or anything along the lines, He/I bought the game, we are free to do whatever we want with it.  However, some think cloud computing isn't a big deal and will never be used, but it's already being used by developers (Forza 5) and talked about by developers over the endless advantages it has over everything.  It's already being used in the computer world from a day to day basis and with new compression, you do not need an "Extreme Bandwidth" connection.  Most users who don't live in rural areas already have 10-50mb cable connections which far exceeds tasks offloaded to the cloud.  It will be interesting to see the advantages over the next couple of years.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves either, Sony will not have remotely even close to the infrastructure that MS has.  It's good they are requiring a fee for the online accounts, but PS3 failed miserably every single launch of hit titles when nobody was able to get online for the first 2-3 days and game.

I miss the old days when games were released complete and the storyline didn't strongly cater to online play.

That said, I don't envision one system being superior to the other - especially since the blu-ray capabilities are out of the bag now.

I do think it's silly though that the PS4 can't play MP3s at launch. 

Isn't the PS4 supposed to be a more powerful machine?

I'm thinking of getting my 11 year old son one of the new consoles for Christmas but I'm not sure which one to get him.

it is more powerful, there's really no debating it. i cancelled my PS4 pre-order, but plan to pick one up for the exclusives next holiday.

I guess I will post this question here too. Is there anything that the PS4 offers that the Xbox One doesn't outside of being more powerful? I LOOOOVE the xbox's multimedia integration, along with the multitude of uses the kinect offers, since I am not a heavy gamer anymore these multimedia aspects have more weight. But before I am completely on the Xbox One train I want to see what the PS4 offers outside of "specs". 

I guess I will post this question here too. Is there anything that the PS4 offers that the Xbox One doesn't outside of being more powerful? I LOOOOVE the xbox's multimedia integration, along with the multitude of uses the kinect offers, since I am not a heavy gamer anymore these multimedia aspects have more weight. But before I am completely on the Xbox One train I want to see what the PS4 offers outside of "specs". 

It's been mentioned before..but unlike Sony, Microsoft is hiding the majority (if not all) of their apps behind a paywall. Say you subscribe to Netflix or Hulu and want to use it via your Xbox One. Well, assuming your yearly Live membership hasn't expired, you're good. But if your Live membership has expired or you don't have one - you're out of luck. You'll need another device to run Netflix/Hulu on.

On the PS4, you don't have to pay for their yearly service to access and use the Netflix/Hulu apps. 

Sure..it's little differences (like DDR5 memory on the PS4 vs DDR3 memory on the Xbox One)...but they may make a difference to someone.

Honestly, I think the PS4 is more for gamers, and the XB1 is going to be the ultimate media device. But that is just my 2 cents...

Which would be ironic considering that's a 180 (imo) from the last generation.

lol My cousin just mentioned that to me yesterday. I forgot about that.

I do think the XB1 has some big potential, but they had a PR nightmare when they announced this system. I have no doubt that they can still succeed, but Sony has a good head start on them so far. The first couple of months the systems releases will be fun to monitor.

lol My cousin just mentioned that to me yesterday. I forgot about that.

I do think the XB1 has some big potential, but they had a PR nightmare when they announced this system. I have no doubt that they can still succeed, but Sony has a good head start on them so far. The first couple of months the systems releases will be fun to monitor.

Are you talking about unit sales or actual performance of the machines? The PR fiasco that xbox one initially had may hurt sales but I think the performance and experience of the xbox one will be as good as or better than the ps4. I don't think the PR nightmare affected this aspect of the xbox one

That's cool that things are behind a pay wall but is your playing to play online with the PS4 you will need to play the same for xbox live so the pay wall thing is irrelevant.

Also with the xbox one P90X and INSANITY and a host to other exercise programs is free for a year with the xbox one fitness program. It just isn't a video like what you get with the P90X disc the kinect tracks your movements give you feedback and tracks your heart beat. Look up Xbox fitness

That's cool that things are behind a pay wall but is your playing to play online with the PS4 you will need to play the same for xbox live so the pay wall thing is irrelevant.

My understanding is that the PS4 is not requiring it's users to pay for their yearly online service in order to use Netflix/Hulu (whose service you have already paid for) or many of their other apps. 

You absolutely have to pay for the Microsoft Live service to use those apps on the XBox One. 

Sure, it's only $40-60 or so dollars a year, but it's the idea of not being able to use the system to stream without having to also pay for another subscription (on top of the internet and application [like Netflix] costs) that I find ridiculous.

so the pay wall thing is irrelevant

It's not irrelevant. Especially if someone is less of a gamer and more interested in the entertainment aspect. I would think there are people out there that would prefer to use Netflix and Hulu and play occasional single player games without paying an additional $60 a year.

I for one am over the pissing contest as to which console is better, and just excited that the next generation is upon us.  super stoked.

If you're a Microsoft guy, enjoy your One.  If your a Sony guy, enjoy your 4.  :)

I for one am over the pissing contest as to which console is better, and just excited that the next generation is upon us.  super stoked.

If you're a Microsoft guy, enjoy your One.  If your a Sony guy, enjoy your 4.  :)

Or if you're like most people, enjoy both of them sometime over the next few years.

:)

Archived