Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

I miss Bad Company 2 :(  It was my favorite BF game, especially the Vietnam expansion maps.  I loved everything about that game, especially knife kills.  I finished with like 1200 or something crazy like that.  I'd equip the shotty and run around popping out of bushes and knife the **** out of you or make you eat buckshot if detected.

And don't get me started about the flame thrower :D  hard to use, but so much fun.

dude, i need some lessons.  in the test mode of whatever, can you practice flying vehicles as well?  i'd love to be able to learn the chopper so I can spam it like so many people do.

for now, i use vehicles strictly for rides to objectives.  i can manage to fly a plane in a straight line, only to eject once i'm over the flag.  i'll hop in a tank if we are under fire from infantry, but for the most part I'm much better on foot.

Not sure about test mode, but I just jumped in a conquest game with hardly anyone in it and learned that way in BF3.  But, I had the benefit of playing that one on PC, not PS3.  So, there were player servers with nobody in them available at all times to practice in.

oh....i finally unlocked the secondary pumper, shorty 12G.  man, that thing blows.  maybe because i don't have any accessories yet so i can't even aim down sight.  but for all the youtube vids i watched that had me gushing over it, the shorty has disappointed so far.  I'm back to my SW40 hand cannon.

dude, i need some lessons.  in the test mode of whatever, can you practice flying vehicles as well?  i'd love to be able to learn the chopper so I can spam it like so many people do.

for now, i use vehicles strictly for rides to objectives.  i can manage to fly a plane in a straight line, only to eject once i'm over the flag.  i'll hop in a tank if we are under fire from infantry, but for the most part I'm much better on foot.

Yea, im pretty sure you can. They even set up some targets to shoot down. 

oh....i finally unlocked the secondary pumper, shorty 12G.  man, that thing blows.  maybe because i don't have any accessories yet so i can't even aim down sight.  but for all the youtube vids i watched that had me gushing over it, the shorty has disappointed so far.  I'm back to my SW40 hand cannon.

I agree. Its pretty terrible. 

an anybody suggest a good sniper rifle?  i'm so bad at sniping, but its a fun change of pace every now and then.  but for me, its hit markers galore.  i try to aim for the upper body and head, yet its always a two shot kill for me.  Of course when i get sniped, its always a 1 shotter.  any tips?

an anybody suggest a good sniper rifle?  i'm so bad at sniping, but its a fun change of pace every now and then.  but for me, its hit markers galore.  i try to aim for the upper body and head, yet its always a two shot kill for me.  Of course when i get sniped, its always a 1 shotter.  any tips?

Scout. Scoutscoutscout.

Fires almost as fast as a pump shotty once you get straight pull.

Has the most bullet drop despite having a faster bullet...guess they thought it was OP otherwise, but you'll get used to that immediately. Hip spread is much lower.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?Scout_Elite_vs_SRR-61

^ check that out.

Oh. Also, the damage thing isn't an issue. Scout is 2 hit kill like anything else up to 90m, and if you're engaging enemies regularly past 90m, you're being a tool ;)

For best results, use with MP443 pistol (super high rate of fire, 17 rounds, lowest hip spread in the game). Quick switch to finish guys off.

2nd edit: Get the straight pull, for sure, but remember that the straight pull leaves crosshairs a little bit off (usually to the right, imo), so remember to readjust a millimeter or so before firing second shots.

I'm better as a sniper in the game than any other class.  I've unlocked them all (except the latest two from the last expansion).  Definitely the SRR-61.

For TDM/SDM - I roll with the rifle scope (8x); variable zoom 14x; muzzle break; straight pull.

For larger maps/conquest/Rush - same set-up as above but replace the rifle scope with the ballistic 40x scope.  

The rifle scope is nice as its the easiest to judge distance/drop with, just a hair above the initial crosshair, blam!  head-shot.  On the smaller maps, the 40 is nice when you get your enemy's head taking up half the screen lol.  But it can be a huge pain as you can over zoom in.  Which leads me to the variable scope.  

Rifle 8x set-up - With the variable scope, I eyeball my target without looking down the scope, looking for red triangle markers (if you're not playing hardcore) or for movement/bullets.  Find target, look down scope with the 8x, then depending how close they are, zoom into 14x and shoot.  With the straight pull, you don't have to zoom out, you can fire another shot zoomed in.  If you get the headshot, they drop.  Otherwise its a two shot kill, but, you get a lot of kills/assists as they are running around taking damage from weaker weapons too, so its a wash.

Ballistic 40x set-up -   Same thing, but make sure you set the zoom to the 14x, find target, look down scopes, then if needed zoom to 40x.  I never zoom into 40x right away, but that's just my personal preference.  Same stuff applies as above as far as straight pull, etc.

I also run with the squad spawn beacon and claymore mines.  I try to strategically place my squad beacon away from my favorite snipping spots, so when I die, I can spawn and walk back (not sprint so I don't get detected on radar) and take out the mother ****er that killed me from behind and reclaim my spot (or just reclaim my spot if killed from a distance).  It also allows for your squad to spawn safely if they choose to do so.  The claymore, I place in the path to get to me, so they blow up before killing me.

Don't Taze, do you use the zeroing or just try to compensate yourself?

I tried that zeroing stuff and couldn't get it to work right for me.  So, I compensate the drop myself, just eyeballing it.  I don't think I know how to zero correctly though and when I was trying it, it was near release when it was real buggy and I couldn't get hit markers across a map, aiming at their chest on certain maps.  

The 8x rifle scope w/variable 14x on the SSR-61 has the least amount of drop that I've seen and the eyeball adjustments are definitely, imo, the easiest to measure compared to the other sniper rifles.  I might give the zeroing equipment another shot on large conquest/rush maps though.  Sometimes the eyeball adjustment across the map is cumbersome and if you don't get the headshot and they move or go on the run, its so hard to get the kill shot off sometimes.

New map pack comes out Tuesday for Premium members. 4 new maps, a few new weapons and a vehicle or two maybe, and one new game mode.

Yay! Desert Eagle!!

@Taze, have you tried searching the servers? I can find 32 v 32 domination servers (chaos) on there. Probably 64 man tdm as well.

Yay! Desert Eagle!!

@Taze, have you tried searching the servers? I can find 32 v 32 domination servers (chaos) on there. Probably 64 man tdm as well.

The other night I found one TDM server that had 64 (or 62 - something crazy like that) and it was awesome, then I had to hit the head and grab a beer, got kicked and couldn't find it again lol.

I think those are only available on the player run/rented servers.  I'm about to hop back in, gonna look for one.  

Mmmm....UTS. love that friggin thing.

Me too man, it's like the hot Amish Banshee chick of guns.  I found one server that can hold up to 64, just had a few 24-24 TDM matches, **** was over in 5 mins lol.  I went 5-3 in a match, but the best on our team was 10-6.  Matches are a pure cluster **** lol.  

Conquest. Siege of Shangai. Capin/defending flags all match like a mad man. **** snipers wasting their choppers to get up on the skyscraper roofs overlooking the flag closest to our spawn. Equip the AWS and hitch a ride on our transport heli that looked to be heading for them. 

Chopper was full after I got in, and I wasn't either of the gunner positions. The pilot was trying to hover and circle the roof for the gunners to wipe them out. **** that. Jumped out and took out all 4 just before the match ended. 

Conquest ****.

Conquest ****.

LOL @ Conquest ****.  sounds awesome.  Similar situation on Zavod 311 conquest (one of my favorite 'quest maps).  this dude was vehicle spamming the entire game.  I mean literally, every time I died from him, he was in a chopper or a tank.  what's that called when they show your K/D going head to head with the guy that killed you?  Anyways, i was 0-5 against him.  He had a ton more kills than me, but I had over 1,000 more points due to objective tryharding.

we were destroying them, and they had maybe 20 or so tickets left.  FINALLY was able to flank him and SLAM his tank.  kablooey.  teabagged his death screen the entire time.  Then he must've hopped in a chopper trying to get some last second kills.  i figure **** it, the victory music is playing, this game is over.  Whipped out my RPG, let one go.  It looked good on release, kinda like when you make a free throw.  watched the trajectory....a few seconds later BOOM.  my longest RPG chopper shot ever, and he went down in flames. hop outta them vehicles, bro.  see me face to face with boots on the ground....sissy.

YOUR VEHICLES ARE BELONG TO ME

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah I'm a total objective tryhard.  I don't know my K/D and I don't care.  I'm sure it's below 1.0.

I like where your head's at, man.  don't get me wrong, everybody paid their $60 for the game, so they can play however they want.  With that said, play TDM if you just wanna sit around and get random kills.  don't play Conquest only to park a tank up on a hill 500 feet from an objective and shoot at helicopters as they pass by  :rolleyes:

I had never previously used the slam...was always a mine guy.....damn have i been mission out. Package 3 slams on top of each other and its a guaranteed kill....love those things now.

same here ST.  BF3 I was a straight mines and SMAW guy.  but in BF4, i'm strictly SLAMMERS and RPG.  plant slams like mines on the road, slap 'em on a vehicle.  hell, i even jihad jeep with slams.  easier than C4 because you don't have to worry about detonating it.  I jihad boat other boats too LOL.  or if we are pushed deep into enemy territory and we've capped a flag where vehicles spawn, i'll just toss a few slammers on an empty vehicle.  once the bad guys take it back, somebody hops in the nearby jeep and boom.  5 minutes later i get a random +350 for the vehicle destroy and the double kill LOL.  

don't ask me why, but i have played NOTHING but domination since this game came out in November.  Only a few weeks ago did I start playing conquest.  people always talk about how they can't run anything but engineer, now i'm starting to see it.  anti-tank soldiers ftw :)

Yup, all i play is conquest and Engineer is class of choice. 

This is a bit off topic but was playing a few second assault maps last night and couldn't help but wish they had added two of my favorite maps from BF2..any of you guys ever play these...classic...logged so many hours on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y3nl5N0GGY

Archived