Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hbo’S "true Detective" Series Matthew Mcconaughey And Woody Harrelson Track A Killer Over The Years.(Merged)

steveo21

http://badassdigest.com/2013/09/09/our-next-tv-obsession-hbos-true-detective/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8i5CR4kDjM

As Breaking Bad winds down and Mad Men and Game of Thrones seem so very, very far away, it's time to find a new weekly TV obsession. And HBO may be offering it in the form of True Detective, a series starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as detective on the trail of a killer. The series, directed by the talented Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre), looks very different from the usual crop of serial killer shows, mainly because it seems to understand that the interesting aspects of these stories involve how the investigation impacts the investigators. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Zodiac being bandied about, and I get it. 

This trailer doesn't reveal too much, but it reveals enough to guarantee me setting my DVR for the series, which debuts in January. 

• 3 months later...

Looks like this could be pretty awesome.  Season premiere this Sunday, Jan 12th.  HBO Folks, set those DVRs.

Alexandra Diddario is in it too.... :drool:

True Detective is an upcoming American television anthology[3]drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, with the first season directed by Cary Fukunaga.[4] Season one stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Monaghan, Kevin Dunn, Tory Kittles, Michael Potts, Alexandra Daddario, and Elizabeth Reaser, and utilizes multiple timelines to trace two detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years.[4] The premiere season will debut on January 12, 2014 and consist of eight episodes.[2]

Nice, seems like a lot of folks are already on board, I'm just trying to spread the word.  Woody is the man, and though people give Matthew Mac a hard time because he's kinda weird, he's a good actor as well.  And you know HBO is going to do it right.

Now fellas, we just have to cross our fingers that Diddario eventually shows us her goods.  She's got the blue eyes of an angel, and the chesticles of a goddess. 

MV5BMTU3Mjc2ODMxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5

http://screencrush.com/hbo-true-detective-trailer-premiere-season-2/

Elsewhere, series creator Nick Pizzolatto spoke to HitFix about a potential second season of the drama, which would follow a new crime story with a new cast, or potentially some returning cast in new roles, a la ‘American Horror Story.’

If they let us do another one, I’m already working on stuff. I’ve been told not to talk about that very much. But I’ll tell you what I would plan in a vague way. I see the show, if it got to continue, it being set in a different place every year with new characters, I would see it owning its landscape as an integral part of the show, and I believe I would continue to make use of the narrative conceit of a story being told, at least for some part of a season. Again, for all the reasons I’ve talked about: you get a great actor and you just let ‘em talk and you just keep the camera on him. But also, the dissonance between the story being told and what really happened.

The trailers have me intrigued, really looking forward to this show.

Nice, seems like a lot of folks are already on board, I'm just trying to spread the word.  Woody is the man, and though people give Matthew Mac a hard time because he's kinda weird, he's a good actor as well.  And you know HBO is going to do it right.

Now fellas, we just have to cross our fingers that Diddario eventually shows us her goods.  She's got the blue eyes of an angel, and the chesticles of a goddess. 

MV5BMTU3Mjc2ODMxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5

I won't spoil which episode but.......she's showing off more than just the FLBPs.

Little OT, non-spoiler comment ... but the local bookstore literally just called and said they got in the book I inquired about a few weeks ago, Dangerous Women, which was edited by Martin. It includes three novelas that take place in Winterfell 150 years prior to the events of GOT that Martin penned. I THINK (could be wrong) it's called the She-Wolves of Winterfell or something like that.

For those that read the books and are yearning for more after re-reading 5 times and catching every detail, this is a very exciting development, building the backstories even further. Can;t wait

Not to Hijack.

The fantasy epic returns to HBO on Sunday, April 6.

But that’s not all. HBO is also readying the release of Thrones fourth season trailer. The full trailer will be out Sunday night right before the premiere of hot new drama True Detective, but you might not have to wait that long to see at least some of it. That sounds cryptic, but we’ll have details this weekend. The trailer is described as the “first extended look at the new season and features new characters and episodic footage” (and we hear it’s amazing).

Here is a look of the making of True Detective

Archived