Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Currys game 2 was a moment and on par with Durant’s game 3. And he just dropped 37 tonight and had a great game 1 while KD struggled

I thought Curry should have won in 15 too

Curry was dog**** in game 3, outplayed by LeBron individually in game two, and padded stats tonight against a Cavs team that had basically given up.

Curry was not good in 2015.  Iggy got it specifically because Curry underachieved during the Finals.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont give a damn about the Wizards, man. It's about him coming to DC.

Like the annoying kid you've wanted to punch for so long at school, moving in next door, and his gump ass parents showing up at the door with him and a succulent pot roast, sneering. 

“Mr. Sinister, if you can please show the court  where on the doll LeBron James hurt you?”

*Sin sniffles and points to his heart

You think too much, like your complete apathy towards caps winning the cup.  That’s good for the area having winning teams.  If I can get thru all the game winning dunks in the arenas era, you can get thru this, too.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Curry was dog**** in game 3, outplayed by LeBron individually in game two, and padded stats tonight against a Cavs team that had basically given up.

Curry was not good in 2015.  Iggy got it specifically because Curry underachieved during the Finals.

He went 26-5-6 and was easily the best player on the floor for the Warriors in the 15 finals. Iggy got it because he played good D on a guy that average a triple double for the series 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yes I did. Two of the games were really competitive and came down to the final seconds. One of the blowouts was Steph being ridiculous and it was entertaining as hell. 

I like watching greatness. Seeing Lebron try to counter them etc. there was a lot to enjoy out of this series including the once in a lifetime team in front of you. 

You made me throw up in my mouth.

This is Not greatness, LeBron gave up after game 1 and Warriors did what they wanted to do, like cat playing with a mouse.   Stop deligitamizing everyone that’s wants something other then he same thing we’ve had for the last 4 years.  You sound like the type to order a cheeseburger at a Mexican restaurant, like Anita’s, because that’s your usual not matter where you go.  

Could be Antarctica with penguin on the menu, nope, I’ll wait for the only cow to get mailed to the bottom of the planet so I can have my well Done burger just the way I like it. Jesus.

Yeah well I hate being cold so i wouldn’t go to Antarctica. **** a penguin 

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Im not sure Lebron outplayed him in game 2 when he went 33-8-7 while going 9/17 from 3 for an NBA record 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is Not greatness, LeBron gave up after game 1 and Warriors did what they wanted to do, like cat playing with a mouse

They had the lead in game 3 with like 1:20 left. He didn’t give up. Could have just as easily been 2-2 after tonight but I was still entertained even with how it played out as I explained earlier 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They had the lead in game 3 with like 1:20 left. He didn’t give up. Could have just as easily been 2-2 after tonight but I was still entertained even with how it played out as I explained earlier 

Noticed your deflect, brotha, James checked out before the series started.  He tried to save face, by he knew it was over before it started same as we did.  People want to call it “getting his teammates involved”, the nile isn’t just a river in Egypt.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Noticed your deflect, brotha, James checked out before the series started.  He tried to save face, by he knew it was over before it started same as we did.  People want to call it “getting his teammates involved”, the nile isn’t just a river in Egypt.

what deflect? Nobody thought the Cavs would win. I don’t think anybody is debating you on that. Even Lebron knew he would lose. That doesn’t mean he gave up or that there wasn’t enjoyment or entertainment to be had for the viewers, of which I found both.  

We all knew the WCF winner would win the title and that was a great series as was the ECF. 

I’m not acting like it’s the best Finals ever or something but I’m also not acting like the sky is falling and the league is in the toilet unless drastic changes are made. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

41 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So Lebron broke his hand punching a white board after game 1?  That is some bush league ****.

What a ****ing candy ass.  Always gotta have some ****ing excuse.  This mother ****er here cries about every damn thing.  

GOAT my ass....his punk ass just needs to accept that he is #2 all-time.  

I may or may not be drunk right now :cheers:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You're in denial Momma.  This series and postseason were completely predictable and very uncompetitive.  We're in the midst of the least competitive period in the NBA's post-merger history.

The nba has always been predictable. Go back to 1980 and you could easily predict which 4 teams were going to be in the conference finals prior to the season and, with few exceptions, you’d be right. 

Great players have a degree of impact on the outcome of a game that is unmatched across any other sport. That  plus playing a series in the playoffs eliminates most of the chances for upsets. 

The Warriors are a perfect storm buzzsaw. It’s an arms race to see who can stop them. Houston came pretty damn close this year despite losing their second best player for two games. The Warriors can be beaten but they have a large margin for error and it’s going to take someone’s best shot to do it. 

Im excited to see it play out. I like a bully and someone trying to knock them off. Buster Douglas doesn’t matter at all if Tyson isn’t unbeatable prior to that. The helmet catch isnt echoig thru history if it doesn’t topple an undefeated Pats dynasty 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Great players have a degree of impact on the outcome of a game that is unmatched across any other sport. That  plus playing a series in the playoffs eliminates most of the chances for upsets. 

This is not the biggest reason the NBA is so much less competitive than the other three leagues.  It's that great players have been too concentrated for most of the history of the league.  The soft cap + guaranteed contracts + very free player movement are the issues today.  But there is always some excuse for why the league is never competitive.  The root of the issue is that the NBA has never been serious about ensuring broad competition like the other leagues.  They follow the pro-wrestling model instead.  Individual player story lines are what they focus on and sell, and the league's real drama gets played out in the player acquisition process in the offseasons.  Their product is heavily oversaturated and they think people will only watch their games if a ton of stars are playing at once, like a Harlem Globetrotters exhibition.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what deflect? Nobody thought the Cavs would win. I don’t think anybody is debating you on that. Even Lebron knew he would lose. That doesn’t mean he gave up or that there wasn’t enjoyment or entertainment to be had for the viewers, of which I found both.  

We all knew the WCF winner would win the title and that was a great series as was the ECF. 

I’m not acting like it’s the best Finals ever or something but I’m also not acting like the sky is falling and the league is in the toilet unless drastic changes are made. 

The deflect was concerning this is first time we've ever had the same two teams play each other four years in a row in the finals, it always seems to get dropped or ignored, but just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter.  I thought Boston could beat Houston, that doesn't matter though.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Stars weren’t concentrated in the 90s and still one dude won everything for a decade 

There were like 5 stars.  In a watered down, iso-centric league, the Bulls were an overwhelming team.  The league had so many issues then, they actually were being propped up by Jordan's star power.  Their franchises weren't strong.  The league has been very halting in trying to make changes to strengthen individual franchises since then.  The few reforms we've gotten are thanks to owners like Leonsis, and they haven't worked yet because the league's level of competition has actually gotten worse.

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So Lebron broke his hand punching a white board after game 1?  That is some bush league ****.

Lebron's my dude, but no he didn't LOL

KD was well within his right to sign wherever he wanted, but the competitive balance of the league is messed up.  First time in my life I watched less than 20 minutes of a final series all together.  I really had no interest...and also really coming to the realization that the Wizards are light years away from being anywhere close to being on this type of competitive level. 

Edited by RonArtest15

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I really don’t know the justification for Durant winning over Curry. I’d be pissed if I was him but his humility is one of the main things that makes this team special 

Game 3. Kind of sucks because I wanted him to win it, but in a four game series, you can't have three great games and a stinker... Especially when your counterpart was consistent during the entire series. 

Last night was terrible... When I saw LeBron wasn't playing hard in the first, I knew it was a wrap.

You know what would fix this, 1-16 seeding of the top eight teams in each conference. We would have gotten a Rockets/Warriors Finals this year and everyone would be satisfied.

Honestly that's a change they can pull the trigger on today. 

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I really don’t know the justification for Durant winning over Curry. I’d be pissed if I was him but his humility is one of the main things that makes this team special 

Durant averaged 29 points, 11 boards, 7 assists, and 2 blocks on a 53/41/96 percent shooting slash. He single-handedly won them game 3 and ended the series.  He was better than Curry in the series and is a better player overall.  Curry struggles to make a big impact in games when his three ball isn't falling, whereas Durant is a more creative scorer, is just as good a passer, and is far better rebounder and defender.

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Curry shrank in 2015.  Iggy outplayed him, let's not rewrite history. 

He averaged 26 points, 5 assists, and 6 rebounds in that series with nearly 2 steals a game.

Maybe you have forgotten history? He got screwed out of that finals because of a media narrative that went out of control.

Curry had a great case for MVP this year, and I would have given it to him, but Durant shot like 53% in the series and was the Warriors leading scorer, leader in rebounds, and assists.

I think Curry had the moments that broke the Cavs will in games 1, 2, and 4. He also hit the dagger in game 3, but Durant's game 3 performance was an all time Finals performance and Curry stunk it up in game 3. Im cool with it.

Edit: Durant averaged 2 blocks a game this series as well.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Curry struggles to make a big impact in games when his three ball isn't falling

This is untrue.

Even in that game 3, the Cavs could not double team Durant because of their fear of Curry. Curry also got 5 rebounds and 6 assists that game.

I don't think Durant can win.  People will write off his accomplishments and ignore him and never give him the respect that Curry gets even though the truth is he came to GS and pretty much made them invincible and made them his team.  People love LeBron way more than him now, and Durant can now play him over and over again and beat him every time and people still won't care.  They will always put LeBron ahead of him.  Durant's Q-rating has  been damaged too much by his decision to go to GS.  He's actually being overlooked and underrated even though he's almost as good as LeBron is.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This Warriors team is the first team since the 82/83 76ers to not have a player on the roster that played with Shaq

Wow, what a stat.

Byron Scott on the Lakers and Greg Kite on the Celtics were the links to the old era and Matt Barnes was the link last year.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think Durant can win.  People will write off his accomplishments and ignore him and never give him the respect that Curry gets even though the truth is he came to GS and pretty much made them invincible and made them his team.  People love LeBron way more than him now, and Durant can now play him over and over again and beat him every time and people still won't care.  They will always put LeBron ahead of him.  Durant's Q-rating has  been damaged too much by his decision to go to GS.  He's actually being overlooked and underrated even though he's almost as good as LeBron is.

Except they aren't "his" team.

Durant is the Warriors' best player, but they struggled against Houston when he went back to ISO ball. When the offense went through Curry and ball movement, they were great again. 

And Durant has definitely won. He has a lot of respect and adulation. He just won the finals MVP or the guy who was going for it.

But its just the truth, the Warriors are Curry's team and LeBron is a top 5 all time player. Durant will finish his career in the top 10.