Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Celtics are in a GREAT position...they potentially have the inside track to getting the #1 overall pick (Fultz.)  They can either draft the kid or trade the pick to get assets.  If the draft Fultz, they can then start shopping Thomas.  Thomas would bring in a nice return, and if we're talking finances, paying Fultz on the rookie scale > overpaying for a short PG who is only effective on one end of the floor and is nearing 30. 

Such a great position to be in...and they're the #1 overall seed, for now, in the East.  Rich getting richer.  Thanks, Brooklyn!

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Celtics are in a GREAT position...they potentially have the inside track to getting the #1 overall pick (Fultz.)  They can either draft the kid or trade the pick to get assets.  If the draft Fultz, they can then start shopping Thomas.  Thomas would bring in a nice return, and if we're talking finances, paying Fultz on the rookie scale > overpaying for a short PG who is only effective on one end of the floor and is nearing 30. 

Such a great position to be in...and they're the #1 overall seed, for now, in the East.  Rich getting richer.  Thanks, Brooklyn!

They're ready to win, they aren't trading an established near 30 PPG player even if he's somewhat overrated.

My guess is they deal the pick to bring in someone like Paul George.

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Cleveland won a title with a point guard that is essentially only effective on the offensive end.  I don't think you junk a 30ppg player because he's a lousy defender.  Doing so would send them into rebuilding mode, I don't think they want that.  No rookie is going to score like IT for three years at least.

Besides they could always draft 6-6 Ball to pair with Thomas.  Pass first and shoot first tend to work well together, and Ball has the size to guard NBA SGs.  I'm sure they'd love Lavar in Boston.  lol

Part of me really hopes Lonzo goes to LA or Boston.  But for his sake, I hope he goes to a more anonymous team like Phoenix or Orlando.  The pressure on that kid is already friggin ridiculous.

I also wonder if LaVar Ball will be the reason the team that picks #1 passes on Lonzo.  If Lonzo and Fultz are tied on your board, wouldn't you rather go with a lower maintenance guy in Fultz and not have to deal with LaVar?

26 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Part of me really hopes Lonzo goes to LA or Boston.  But for his sake, I hope he goes to a more anonymous team like Phoenix or Orlando.  The pressure on that kid is already friggin ridiculous.

I also wonder if LaVar Ball will be the reason the team that picks #1 passes on Lonzo.  If Lonzo and Fultz are tied on your board, wouldn't you rather go with a lower maintenance guy in Fultz and not have to deal with LaVar?

Probably, though i honestly don't think LaVar wants to mess around if it is indeed Boston that is the destination.

Boston is an all time sports city and suffers no one. Very blue collar and very anti anything Los Angeles probably, including people.

Thats probably the one place that would make he and his son's lives a living hell if he acts a fool

Edited by Mr. Sinister

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

They're ready to win, they aren't trading an established near 30 PPG player even if he's somewhat overrated.

My guess is they deal the pick to bring in someone like Paul George.

18 hours ago, Destino said:

Cleveland won a title with a point guard that is essentially only effective on the offensive end.  I don't think you junk a 30ppg player because he's a lousy defender.  Doing so would send them into rebuilding mode, I don't think they want that.  No rookie is going to score like IT for three years at least.

Besides they could always draft 6-6 Ball to pair with Thomas.  Pass first and shoot first tend to work well together, and Ball has the size to guard NBA SGs.  I'm sure they'd love Lavar in Boston.  lol

*Cleveland also had Lebron James.  Kyrie ain't **** without him.  LOL. 

Thomas is a UFA after next season

Al Horford is maxed out.

If they trade for Paul George, he'll be a UFA in 2019. 

Then there will be decisions to be made on guys like Jaylen Brown and Crowder.  Not to mention Bradley is up for a new deal in 2018.  I honestly think Bradley has more value than THomas.  He'd be the guy I'd keep if a decision had to be made between him and Thomas.

If it was up to me, I'd dangle Thomas, and re-up Bradley.

Makes you wonder if a team like Indy would be willing to trade their pick + george for the #1 overall and Thomas?

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

No mention of the Warriors recent 9 game win streak without Durant and a 22 point come back against the Spurs??? 

Nope, because they blew a 3-1 lead. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Makes you wonder if a team like Indy would be willing to trade their pick + george for the #1 overall and Thomas?

I would pull the trigger on that because I think Paul George is going to walk.  I can rebuild around Myles Turner and Markelle Fultz.  And I can flip Isiah Thomas for another asset to a team that's a PG away.  Milwaukee anyone?  New Orleans?

12 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:
*Jamal Crawford tweet*

I told somebody earlier in the week that the move that John Wall hit on Deangelo Russell was Jamal Crawford like... And two days later, he does a fancier version of the move Wall did. Incredible.

Why does everybody think Cleveland can just "cut it on". This isn't last season where they can cakewalk they're way to the Finals. The East is way tougher than it was last year. They definitely won't sweep they're way to the ECF.

15 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

Why does everybody think Cleveland can just "cut it on". This isn't last season where they can cakewalk they're way to the Finals. The East is way tougher than it was last year. They definitely won't sweep they're way to the ECF.

because they have LeBron, and by extension, the refs

he's played in like the last 10 nba finals or some **** like that, people won't believe they're cooked until they're walking off the court after losing the 4th game of an eastern conference series

I think this year or next year is the year LeBron finally misses the finals.  This Cleveland team fell apart faster than I expected.  They are just not very good outside of their big three.  Several of their role players got old and Thompson, Shumpert, and JR Smith aren't really carrying their weight.  Those three guys are super expensive for role players, and they aren't earning their money.

That said, I still think it will be a Cleveland vs Golden State final.  I just don't think it's the lock that it was before Durant got hurt and the Cavs lost their mojo at the AS break.

1 hour ago, MLSKINS said:

I guess y'all are right, but I just feel like now more than ever, The King is in severe danger.

It's going to take more than Lebron and the refs to get through the East this time around.

Im with you. Theyre gonna try that " turn it on" ****, and find the switch missing and outlet completely mangled

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think this year or next year is the year LeBron finally misses the finals.  This Cleveland team fell apart faster than I expected.  They are just not very good outside of their big three.  Several of their role players got old and Thompson, Shumpert, and JR Smith aren't really carrying their weight.  Those three guys are super expensive for role players, and they aren't earning their money.

That said, I still think it will be a Cleveland vs Golden State final.  I just don't think it's the lock that it was before Durant got hurt and the Cavs lost their mojo at the AS break.

Lebron's reign ends after 2018, when the Wizards will be the big up and comer that will acquire Durant or Cousins to become the new Kings of the East and possibly League. Yeah I said it.

15 years of greatness is pretty amazing though.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:56 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah... I'm thinking the black barber shop schtick wouldn't play well in Boston.

It is what is expected. Even with NBA players at the barbershop. 

Seen it a few times. 

Edited by Kosher Ham