Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Have they really not renewed Dark Matter for season 4?  

So many things happened in tonight's episode.

The ratings weren't as good but I don't think an announcement one way or another has been made yet.

My gut tells me, they renew it for a 4th and final season.

Nextwork TV starts up with new epsiodes in about a month; though some of Fox's shows are airing a little earlier.   I think Orville starts Sept. 12.

I hope Dark Matter comes back for another season, even though the Samurai emperor bit is annoying. Kill him off and the show will improve tremendously.

I watched the series premiere of The Deuce last night on demand. It really seems to nail 1970s NYC perfectly. As a pilot, it's just kind of setting things up, but it definitely has potential. Stay tuned....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I watched the series premiere of The Deuce last night on demand. It really seems to nail 1970s NYC perfectly. As a pilot, it's just kind of setting things up, but it definitely has potential. Stay tuned....

Oh wow, did not know this show premiered already.  I'll have to check it out tonight. :) I have high hopes for it, strong cast.  

That's some major bull**** that they cancelled Dark Matter & renewed Killjoys. Like Riggo-toni said, Killjoys has been really bad this season. 

That said, the POWER season finale drops early on the STARZ app tonight at Midnight. Can't wait to see what Ghost does after the last show...

12 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

6 episodes into season 3 of Narcos and I think its the best season so far.  I miss the guy who played Escobar, but this season feels stronger overall even without him

Was curious to see how the show would fare without him.  It's actually had the positive effect of resetting the story lines and creating fresh tensions just as the show has found its comfort zone.  And getting rid of Boyd Holbrook's character has been refreshing.  I'm only on episode five, but I'm going to go ahead and say it's the strongest season of a drama series Netflix has created.  Absolutely outstanding work from everyone involved.

Just banged through 30 episodes of GoT in 6 days, just wrapped up season 3.  This is up there with The Wire & Sopranos.  HBO nailed it again, the hype is real about this show.  

Spoiler

Everybody I love and care about dies.  I love it, something most shows would never do. GoT tosses my feelbox around like a ragdoll. :( 

I'm ready for the ****ty people to start dying.  And I hope it hurts when/if Geoffrey dies.  Beheading would be too kind.   :(

• Like 2

Ugh...this season of Ray Donovan continues to suck balls. I get that they probably wanted to avoid the show becoming too formulaic, but the constant flashbacks/quasi ptsd bits are just annoying and have become pointless. From now on, it will be The Deuce on Sunday night, and Ray Donovan on demand whenever I am very bored during the week.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Ugh...this season of Ray Donovan continues to suck balls. I get that they probably wanted to avoid the show becoming too formulaic, but the constant flashbacks/quasi ptsd bits are just annoying and have become pointless. From now on, it will be The Deuce on Sunday night, and Ray Donovan on demand whenever I am very bored during the week.

seems to be a consistent theme with Showtime shows.  They are great out the gate for the first couple of seasons, but they seem to not know their own endpoints and just fall into toiling around the seasons 4 or so.

still waiting to find time to watch The Deuce's premier.  I'll watch anything David Simon puts his name on

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

still waiting to find time to watch The Deuce's premier.  I'll watch anything David Simon puts his name on

Yep, got that on deck for tonight.  Outlander Season 3 premiere as well.  :headbang:

Haven't seen last night's Ray yet but yeah, this season is kinda meh so far.  It's weird how Abby held both the family, and seemingly the show, together.  She was the glue that tied all the separate storylines together for the Donovans.  And Avi is a no show thus far, he's my fav character.  I do hope to see more of Lili Simmons naked, though.  Does that make me a bad person?  

Edited by Chew