Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 10/14/2018 at 11:17 PM, Destino said:

Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) is the writing (and film making) equivalent of alchemy.  I’m a horror fan that has read the book and seen the movies... and they’re hot garbage.  Over rated garbage that people read and play lip service to because it’s considered a classic (for the genre).  Mike Flanagan delivered a great ghost story to enjoy in October.  I recommend it.

Related, but not really: I feel like the older I get the better looking Carla Gugino gets.  That’s not how aging is supposed to work.  Kind of creepy.

Whatsherface from X-Files (Scully), too.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Whatsherface from X-Files (Scully), too.

Yeah dawg, Gillian is looking GOOD these days.  I'd sop her ass up with a biscuit.

I'm still all in on This Is Us.  It's kind of hokey and the drama is forced sometimes, but there's so many storylines that I can relate to closely with my own life, it just captivates me.  And Mandy Moore has always been pretty but she's really hot now in her 30s. 

I'm halfway through Netflix's  "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina", a new horror take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Pretty good so far.  This version is nothing like the comedy version from the 90's.  

This version couldn't air on a broadcast network.  Plenty of praising "Satan"; which drive those evangelicals into a fury.

Even though Sabrina is good, she does have a dark side in her.

Doctor Who fans will love the character Michelle Gomez plays, she was perfectly cast in that role.

Also, read an article that stated filming was already starting for Season 2.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 8:55 PM, Destino said:

When you're done watch this youtube video to see how many ghosts they stashed in the background.  It's not a great video, but I was surprised by how few of these things I noticed... and I've watched the series twice. 

I watched that earlier today...wow. I only noticed probably 3-4 when I saw it in real time. Probably another couple I thought I saw something but couldn't put my finger on it. What a good series...the ending wasn't as strong as the series as a whole, if that makes sense. But it was worth the ride. 

18 hours ago, steveo21 said:

Yellowstone on the Paramount Network is fantastic.

I loved it.  Costner can still make a western.  It's already been renewed. Reilly has been one of my favorite actresses for a while now, and she shined in this show.

This show could go either way, could be cheesy or could be awesome.  It's a reality competition show to with a bunch of forgers and blacksmiths to see who can create the best weapon.  Already got my DVR set, premiers tonight.

Watched Bodyguard on Netflix. It’s a UK show, that stars Robb Stark, and a bunch of people I don’t know.  The body guards is protecting someone who is opposite of his ideals and makes you wonder if he is in on the shenanigans. The show is only 6 episodes long, and honestly don’t know how they could continue the series, if there was to be a season 2.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, Yohan said:

Watched Bodyguard on Netflix. It’s a UK show, that stars Robb Stark, and a bunch of people I don’t know.  The body guards is protecting someone who is opposite of his ideals and makes you wonder if he is in on the shenanigans. The show is only 6 episodes long, and honestly don’t know how they could continue the series, if there was to be a season 2.

I tried watching this and couldn't get into it.  Basically a British dude that says "Mom" or "Mother" literally every other word.

**** everything.  I'm going to start Breaking Bad again soon.  Can't find anything else worth watching.  

Loved Homecoming.  Julia Roberts and Canavale were great.   Love a good suspense mystery.  For anyone who watches Shameless, Lip is in it too.  Noidea where they'll go season 2.

6 episodes Hill House.  Dear God, this **** is creepy af.  

Spoiler

There are ghosts hidden in the background in quite a few scenes.

And the ending of Nell's episode.  Bent. NECK.  LADY.  Nell -- its you!  :o

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I tried watching this and couldn't get into it.  Basically a British dude that says "Mom" or "Mother" literally every other word.

That was distracting as hell at first. Its worth sticking through it though. The Bodyguard was really well done, some genuinely intense moments.