Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

:point2sky

NEW YORK -- The night's one remaining bit of Washington Redskins-related drama was about socks, and the answer is "Redskins colors, burgundy with yellow stripes and 'Go catch your dream' written on them in yellow letters." With the second pick in the NFL draft, the Redskins selected Heisman Trophy-winning Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. A foregone conclusion for more than a month, Griffin as Redskins quarterback and would-be franchise savior is now a reality.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/57535/its-official-redskins-get-their-quarterback

I dont think we will have enough ammo to grab him. :-(

We have a trading relationship with the rams and for the most part a full slate of draft picks including the sixth overall... If shanny wants him we have more then enough to get him. The main competition are the browns... The phins and Seahawks don't have enough ammo for him

Looks like Cleveland has it's new franchise QB. I Don't see them passing up an opportunity to grab a possibly franchise QB with RGIII's caliber. Looks like it's Matt Flynn for us anyway...

Hearing that makes me want to vomit... I think Matt Flynn is fools gold. I think if we want to end this 20+ years of no franchise qb, we need to make this move ahead of Cleveland and get rg3

I'm not worried about the Hawks, I have serious doubts that anyone wants to trade that far down.

I wrote that post in a way to also suggest not to "worry", but to note they shouldn't be totally written put of the procedure. I don't want to go into detail right now, but the deal was they discussed giving a lot in the future away because of where they think they are now in personnel and given their division. It was impressive enough if true to not entirely dismiss them as a competitor. I still think it's unlikely, of course.

I dont think we will have enough ammo to grab him. :-(

If the Browns are as serious as us they get him. However imo our roster will allow us to be more aggressive to fill a bigger sized hole as well as get a play maker. Everyone else we can beat draft pick wise. Griffin is gonna make us happy we had a season of Rex and Beck instead of picking A N Other QB.

I really, really am trying hard not to get my hopes up here. If we don't get him it may be crushing. That being said, I'm super excited to think we have a chance at nabbing him. He may be the most talented QB Shanahan would have running his offense since Elway.

I'm not worried about the Browns at all. They have wayyyyyy too many holes to risk their pick on ANOTHER QB when they have Mccoy already. And just by paroozing browns fan forums, most of them want to draft Blackmon/Richardson anyways and give McCoy some weapons.

Paroozing = perusing? :ols:

Paroozing = perusing? :ols:

:ols: +1

And I'm definitely somewhat worried about the Browns, Holmgren came out and said that there's going to be competition at the QB position. We'll see what happens in FA, if they don't sign anyone there, I definitely think that RG3 will be their aim.

If St. Louis doesn't trade down, there's no way he gets past them. Another reason it might take a LOT to pry that pick from St Louis to drop below the Browns at 4.

I don't know, I said before that it depends on the Rams and whether they think there's a huge drop off between Blackmon and someone like Jeffrey or Floyd. If they trade with us, yes they might miss Blackmon, but they could still pick up a wide receiver like Floyd and someone else with their additional second rounder.

If St. Louis doesn't trade down, there's no way he gets past them. Another reason it might take a LOT to pry that pick from St Louis to drop below the Browns at 4.

I think St. Louis will take Blackmon too, or trade down and try and get some more picks to grab weapons for Bradford.

Archived