Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

NK:  You’re fired!

DT:  You can’t fire me, I quit!

To me, Trump took something potentially great for both the US and the world and completely blundered it.  Not surprised, as his entire tenure was been one giant mistake after another.  Of course, somehow Trump will try and make his monumental **** up look like some great victory for... Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am going to give Trump some faint praise here. Walking away was better than making a desperate deal.

On the other hand, he seemed so desperate for this in the first place, that the starting point of negotiations was bound to be unacceptable. He's also tied this to his China negotiations and now has lost all leverage there.

He's really really bad at negotiating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Edit:

lol, well played, kju

Wow, I really hope it was "they don't seem to be earnest in their desire to denuclearize" rather than "you don't break up with me, I break up with you"  :(

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 7:39 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Only way Trump cancels is if Kim does. It's like breaking up with a girl before she dumps you. He needs this.

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

lol, well played, kju

Called it.

This dude so transparent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bearrock said:

Wow, I really hope it was "they don't seem to be earnest in their desire to denuclearize" rather than "you don't break up with me, I break up with you"  :(

My money's on the latter.  

but still.  What I thought was going to happen was that Trump would be so desperate for something that he's wind up, say, giving NK permission to invade SK without US retaliation in exchange for a Trump photo op.  So I'm not upset about this being how it ends.  

(And I'm not even going to claim that Trump blew an opportunity.  I don;t think denuclearization was ever a possibility, so he hasn't blown anything.)