Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Yeah aisle vs mid-row is kind of a personal preference.

Mid row means you're not bothered by people getting up and down - not only in your row but in the rows in front of you.

Being on the aisle means you get out of there very quickly when the game is over. Which, if you're in the lower level near where you park, means you can be on a major roadway headed home before most people are out of the stadium.

Best seats I ever had in terms of leaving were the last row in a 100 level section right next to the entrance to the stadium across from where we parked. No joke I'd be out 202 headed towards 50 before they'd throw the radio broadcast to Al Galdi for post game... that was in 2012, during the playoff run. It was incredible. I live about an hour and 10 minutes from the stadium with no traffic. I was getting home from games in an hour and 10 minutes.... was awesome.

Just upgraded to aisle seats with this very reason (as well as our own wants to go to restroom, concessions, etc.) in mind.  We moved one section closer to midfield (127 to 126).  Could have gone lower than that but chose the aisle seats.  Could have also moved another section closer but the price goes up there and I wasn't much in the mood for adding more money to my bill at this time.

Definitely much more inventory available than the last 2 years.

• Like 1

So, I'm finally moving downstairs -- 218, row 10, 3 seats on the aisle closest to 219 (i.e. closer to the 50).  I hate to give up my seats in 427 row 3, but I think this will finally make it worth my while.  Has anyone sat in rows 9/10/11 of the 200s on visitor sideline?  I can't tell from the virtual view, but I hope the overhang isnt too claustrophobic feeling from row 10.  At least I know it won't block the jumbotron, and I'm glad to be on the side of the section closer to 219.  I also hope that all the people walking the aisle to/from the cave don't block my view too often during the game, but I guess that's the price of aisle seats for better or worse.

There are significant numbers of seats available in 218 and 225, including a really nice pair in 225 row 2, and a couple of pairs in 219 and 224! (unfortunately I needed three).  There are only scattered singles in the 100s on the sidelines (i didn't look at corners/endzone).  There are a few scattered singles in the 200s closer to the 50 but no pairs closer than 219/224 (and I think there are only 4 pairs total in those sections).  Still, as others have noted, this is way more availability than in previous seasons.

Any thoughts on these seats?  Looking forward to seeing you all downstairs.  

Whoever gets my 3 seats in the middle of 427 row 3, enjoy, they're great seats, I've had them for a number of years.  Was just time for a change.

Good luck to all with upgrades.

So, I'm finally moving downstairs -- 218, row 10, 3 seats on the aisle closest to 219 (i.e. closer to the 50).  I hate to give up my seats in 427 row 3, but I think this will finally make it worth my while.  Has anyone sat in rows 9/10/11 of the 200s on visitor sideline?  I can't tell from the virtual view, but I hope the overhang isnt too claustrophobic feeling from row 10.  At least I know it won't block the jumbotron, and I'm glad to be on the side of the section closer to 219.  I also hope that all the people walking the aisle to/from the cave don't block my view too often during the game, but I guess that's the price of aisle seats for better or worse.

There are significant numbers of seats available in 218 and 225, including a really nice pair in 225 row 2, and a couple of pairs in 219 and 224! (unfortunately I needed three).  There are only scattered singles in the 100s on the sidelines (i didn't look at corners/endzone).  There are a few scattered singles in the 200s closer to the 50 but no pairs closer than 219/224 (and I think there are only 4 pairs total in those sections).  Still, as others have noted, this is way more availability than in previous seasons.

Whoever gets my 3 seats in the middle of 427 row 3, enjoy, they're great seats, I've had them for a number of years.  Was just time for a change.

Nice move :) The lower level has its own charm like the upper level. It's different, pros and cons, I'm sure you'll learn to love it.

The overhang will not in any way mess with your ability to view the field or game. It'll just give you protection from the rain (and sun, when at the right angle) so long as the rain is coming relatively straight down :)

This was the best upgrade year ever! Finally made it to the home side! I just upgraded from section 119 on the visitors side to section 102 on the Redskins side! Best upgrade I have ever had

That's awesome to hear because there are quite a few of us that have assumed those sections right at midfield were being artificially manipulated to prevent the rest of us commoners from getting into them. So that's good news :)

I thought moving from the upper level to the lower level was a HUGE improvement. I know a lot of folks like their 40-40 yard line seats in the upper level. But I instantly felt more part of the game and excitement on the lower level even though I was in the end zone corner in the 100 level. I just felt more part of the game. The easier and faster exit from FedEx field was a big bonus. People have their own preferences but I love being on the lower level even if I am only on the goal line.

• Like 1

So tell us where you were and where you are now!

I just moved from 220 over to 223 today but started over in 211 so it is a huge jump for me compared to last year. The upgrade was to move down to a low row and more to the middle of the row.

Other than being on the visitors side, this should be about perfect according to all of the accumulated wisdom of the board. I've moved around a fair bit but it's now funny because I have gone from Upper Standing to 223 in the most recent two years....

Edited by 70Chip

Sonny and Sam how are you coming home? I live in chambersburg and travel the same direction as you and turn left off of Morgan blvd towards 495. Would love to know a better route.

Turn right onto Central Avenue from Morgan Blvd. Few people turn right so the right lane moves quickly. Then turn right onto Southern Avenue. Turn left onto Eastern Avenue. Turn right onto RT 295. Take the Parkway to the RT 95/495 north exit. Then stay on 95 north to 695 to 83 north. Much much faster.

Edited by SonnyandSam

Awesome seats. One of the best GA upgrades I've ever seen here at ES. You'll be under cover from rain and hot early season sun. Vacant seats in that section used to be reassigned to Touchdown Club members for about $5000 per seat, per season.  

Did you get close to the aisle or mid row? I prefer mid row bc the aisle seats are sometimes obstructed by people walking and/or standing on the stairs platform above the tunnel.

We are actually in the aisle, row 10.  Two years ago, we were on the Visitors side and the sun was brutal.  We wanted to move to the home side & basically moved directly across the field (Section 105).  Moving to 223 was the only way we could get towards midfield in my opinion.  I figure since we are under cover, it will never rain or snow so that's a good thing, right :)

We are actually in the aisle, row 10.  Two years ago, we were on the Visitors side and the sun was brutal.  We wanted to move to the home side & basically moved directly across the field (Section 105).  Moving to 223 was the only way we could get towards midfield in my opinion.  I figure since we are under cover, it will never rain or snow so that's a good thing, right :)

Funny I was in the upper level when I moved to the home side. I was very excited to be over there but I was freezing in the shade! I stayed on the home side when I moved down to the 200s last year and found that the overhang and walls on the sides of the section block the wind so it's not nearly as cold as the upper levels. 

I am one of those people who mostly regretted moving to my new seats last year. I was 50 yd line (Sec 401) upper level two years ago and moved to Sec 208 (corner) this past year. I loved the benefits of the overhang (kept hoping for rain and finally got it - didn't get wet!) and the convenience of being able to walk into the stadium and walk out in minutes. But I really missed the view of the game!! It's so much harder to see from the corner. So I'm thrilled to be moving 5 sections in towards the 50. Much more excited about this season now. (Embarrassed to hear myself say that!!)

One other weird thing about the 200s - yes you can sit the entire game and it's very nice that way. But in my section, people got upset if you stood. Even in appropriate situations like cheering for a stop on 3rd down! In the 400s (and I bet in the 100s), the only time someone would complain about you standing is if you were standing at inappropriate times. This works two ways though, because people are less likely to get rowdy in the confines of the section too. It feels much more personal - like you're in a smaller area than a big stadium so people use more self-control. Oh yeah, one other thing - everyone I brought to the game who didn't care as much about seeing every play thought the 200 seats were WAY better than my old seats.

Anyway, I'm feeling very hopeful and regretting this past year much less as it has taken me where I wanted to go much faster than I expected. So if we win, it's going to be awesome, but if we lose, hey, one step closer to my perfect seats. LOL

• Like 1

I remember going in a few times during my window last year as I did move to the other end zone (from east to west), keeping an eye for a pair on the aisle.

Then again, the process started later this year so the window may be smaller and/or you get one crack at the change as a result.

my 0.02

Per the FAQ this year:

9. Can I upgrade more than once?

Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again. 

I called the ticket office and they said they were so slammed they couldn't fix it but they could look to see if anything was better for you on the phone...

This was the best upgrade year ever! Finally made it to the home side! I just upgraded from section 119 on the visitors side to section 102 on the Redskins side! Best upgrade I have ever had

Congrats! It blows my mind to think that there are seats still available in section 102 now. Just a few years ago that would have been unthinkable. Do you have two seats?

I thought moving from the upper level to the lower level was a HUGE improvement. I know a lot of folks like their 40-40 yard line seats in the upper level. But I instantly felt more part of the game and excitement on the lower level even though I was in the end zone corner in the 100 level. I just felt more part of the game. The easier and faster exit from FedEx field was a big bonus. People have their own preferences but I love being on the lower level even if I am only on the goal line.

I always like how people in the uppers claim how much they love their seats, then move to the lowers and realize how much more you are into the game.

Uppers might have a nice view in some spots, but the real experience is downstairs.

• Like 1

Congrats! It blows my mind to think that there are seats still available in section 102 now. Just a few years ago that would have been unthinkable. Do you have two seats?

Yes... I've always had two seats. I'm stoked at getting that section on the home side! Been a long time coming

• Like 1

Does the upgrade option reappear on your account after 24 hours once you upgrade like it has in the past? I upgraded multiple times in previous years but this year once I upgraded, the option is no longer there anymore?

I always like how people in the uppers claim how much they love their seats, then move to the lowers and realize how much more you are into the game.

Uppers might have a nice view in some spots, but the real experience is downstairs.

after spending many years in the uppers, and the last 3 (going on 4) in the lowers, there's definitely parts of the uppers i miss.

i'll stay in the lowers for as long as i can, mainly because of the ease of getting in and out. if money became an issue i'll happily go back to the uppers.

Does the upgrade option reappear on your account after 24 hours once you upgrade like it has in the past? I upgraded multiple times in previous years but this year once I upgraded, the option is no longer there anymore?

no, i've been asking others. i upgraded on the 22nd and it still hasn't come back. i think you get one shot at the system now :(

Sonnyandsam thanks I will look into that rt

You're welcome. The worst part is the merge onto 295 because you have to cross over 4-5 lanes of traffic to get into the far left lane for 295 north. Most of the time it is not too bad. But if there is a Nats game or United game or some other holiday thing going on in DC, it can be a lot of traffic to cross in front of to get to that far left lane. Just have to drive like a DC driver. I grew up in NOVA so my "instincts" just kick in. We don't typically drive like that in PA.....now do we? Heck, I see PA people line up in a single lane for a mile or two because the lanes are going to merge down to a single lane because of construction. Cars from other states fly by in the other lane while we line up first come first serve style. :)

Sharing. Father in law had seats for years in the mezzanine at RFK. He did not want to sign the contract for club, so we ended up in section 111 row 24 (4 seats). These are great seats, but really wanted to turn a corner to get depth perception.

In 2010 we got lucky and recieved 5 seats in section 124 row 23. Enjoyed this section, but the standing was really taxing. ( I dropped on ticket during this purchase cycle)

Fast forward to our upgrade window on May 26th at noon. I could not make up my mind. Decided to grab 4 in section 139. Session had timed out...crap. Logged back in and two of the four had been grabbed. No more playing around so we jumped on section 123 row 12. 4 seats. Hope to see some of you at this seasons games. HTTR....still missing RFK