Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He has the reputation of being one of the best scout/talent evaluator, from FC Porto like his new boss in Paris Antero Henrique.

Now the evil empire got his own version of SMC, a GM who has a top worldwide young talent finders network, both of them being in total opposition with the big names splashy players the qataris are desperately looking for !

I'm wondering if Emery will have anything to say about the players they're going to sign ?

Edited by FrFan

Well Hell. Andy frigging Carroll is still our top signing!

Lol. He's hanging on in there. :rofl89::rofl89:

Salah confirmed for £30.8 million, possibly rising to £34. 3 million. THAT'S why you don't jump in head first and pay more when you hold the strong hand in a deal. 

EXCELLENT start to the summer. After the inital van Dijk F-up, well-done FSG! 

He's switched with Firmino to have the 11 shirt. Bobby now #9.

Jeez the Olympic speed in Mané and Salah ..... 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

21 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Heh, you are happy with the higher price?

He's fast. Decent signing. Paid 30/40% over the odds to get him. I'd suggest an over agressive bid to 'move on' from the Southampton debacle, although granted he was a player they wanted.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

He's fast. Decent signing. Paid 30/40% over the odds to get him. I'd suggest an over agressive bid to 'move on' from the Southampton debacle, although granted he was a player they wanted.

Over the odds in this market coming off the three years he's coming off?

22 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Heh, you are happy with the higher price?

If it means the aforementioned Carroll is no longer the club's record signing 'HELL YEAH!'

Hail. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Over the odds in this market coming off the three years he's coming off?

If it means the aforementioned Carroll is no longer the club's record signing 'HELL YEAH!'

Hail. 

ESPN says Liverpool are willing to pay for Mbappe, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. ?

11 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Roma are, I mean were, skint.

Also, none of Europes big guns were after him, unless I've missed something. 

You base the worth of a player on the interest in him? Interesting logic. 

5 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

ESPN says Liverpool are willing to pay for Mbappe, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. ?

Can't see him going anywhere else than Madrid. Outstanding prospect but L'pool have bigger fish for their needs. I think our transfer record will be broken 2 or 3 times this summer but he won't be one of them. van Dijk and Keita on the other hand .....

Just nice to be seriously considered as a genuine prospect for someone like that again.  

Hail. 

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You base the worth of a player on the interest in him? Interesting logic. 

No, more the balance of price tag and quality. The level of interest becomes a fair gauge if that balance is right.

In this instance, the price was way too high. Still a decent player though.

If you can get a player who was arguably the best in Serie A last year for less than £36 million in today's market I'm sure a heck of a lot of football clubs would like to hear from you. 

Utd and Inter are stuck on an en passe on Perisic with Inter wanting around £44/45 million for comparison. The market is what it is and to stand firm at your valuation around £35 million, when Roma where pushing for £40 or more down from the get go is a terrific piece of business. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

i'd rather liverpool go after a player that they have a better shot at getting instead of mbappe... lacazette.  i haven't seen any full games for lyon, so i'm only going by what i've seen posted online, but he looks like a pacey and aggressive scorer.  other than the french connection at arsenal, who wouldn't rather play for klopp, especially if lacazette is looking to catch the eye of the french coach for the world cup.

3 hours ago, dchogs said:

i'd rather liverpool go after a player that they have a better shot at getting instead of mbappe... lacazette.  i haven't seen any full games for lyon, so i'm only going by what i've seen posted online, but he looks like a pacey and aggressive scorer.  other than the french connection at arsenal, who wouldn't rather play for klopp, especially if lacazette is looking to catch the eye of the french coach for the world cup.

He scored 28 goals last year, his best performance. He's been struggling in the CL during the past two seasons 10 games 3 goals, in Europa league last year 8 games 6 goals, I guess that will do with Arsenal :silly:. Question is has he reached his ceiling ?

Baring any injury he doesn't have to catch Deschamps attention as much as others, he's one of his darlings. Latest rumors here are talking about trading places between him and Giroud. The gones (Lyon fans) pricks hate Giroud, they're already fuming :ols:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

He scored 28 goals last year, his best performance. He's been struggling in the CL during the past two seasons 10 games 3 goals, in Europa league last year 8 games 6 goals, I guess that will do with Arsenal :silly:. Question is has he reached his ceiling ?

Baring any injury he doesn't have to catch Deschamps attention as much as others, he's one of his darlings. Latest rumors here are talking about trading places between him and Giroud. The gones (Lyon fans) pricks hate Giroud, they're already fuming :ols:

Talking of French strikers, Mbappe would be making a completely foolish move to go to Madrid right now if that transpires IMHO. World Cup year, step up in league, and he'd be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo and toughing it out with the rest of the established superstars for game time. And even then Ronado HAS to be the focal point on the pitch at Madrid. 

He'd be far better served either staying at Monaco or going Arsenal or Liverpool, to name two clubs that are seriously interested if he chose to come to England, and using them as a stepping stone to get to La Liga in 4 or 5 years whilst being the key figure/ hero at either of those clubs or someone similar

32 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Interesting considering EPL spending

IMG_2549.PNG

Years of bad spending. It's been a myth that L'pool wouldn't spend through the PL era. It's just how they've chosen to. Rafa was the Worlds worst for stockpiling squad players no better than what he had instead of buying one top class player at the expense of three or four others. 

Thankfully, since they've gone all in on Klopp, the whole approach has changed. Incomings and outgoings. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Talking of French strikers, Mbappe would be making a completely foolish move to go to Madrid right now if that transpires IMHO. World Cup year, step up in league, and he'd be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo and toughing it out with the rest of the established superstars for game time. And even then Ronado HAS to be the focal point on the pitch at Madrid. 

Some medias are claiming he already has a deal with Real, that's where he wants to play. They're going to drop €130 mil or something for him and let him play one more year for Monaco. They might sell Gareth Bale to make room for him. Now Enrique is pushing hard to sign him, latest rumors saying the evil empire is ready to drop more than €135 mil and sign his younger brother too (they're both from Paris). PSG looks like a familiar NFL team, thinking they can get anybody they like with a huge paycheck only to face the reality check. :silly:

Latest rumor: PSG willing to drop €90 mil for Dembélé !

Edited by FrFan

So Leipzig is seeking £70 million for Keita?

Get the **** outta here!

He won't sign a new contract, Leipzig paid €15 million last year for him...the money in soccer is getting stupid.

l'd love to have him, but not at that price. Doubt they get close to that from anyone. If he won't sign with them, make a tempting offer, say £35-40 million or so, and if they don't take it they're fools, as he then may walk for nothing.

Am I nuts to have laughed when I saw that report?

• Like 2

"According to Bild two million dollars would have been paid to the 10-year-old daughter of a FIFA member before the 2022 World Cup Qatar. The report apparently reveals that "a former executive member of the international body congratulated members of the Qatari Federation and thanked them by mail for a transfer of several hundred thousand euros. Two million dollars of unknown provenance have also landed on the savings book of the 10-year-old daughter of a FIFA member. "

Private jet, party in Rio ... New suspicions of corruption at FIFA
Meanwhile, the German daily newspaper said that "three FIFA executives with voting rights went to a party in Rio in a private jet of the Qatar Football Federation before the vote for the award of the competition" . While Aspire Academy, a Qatari organization, has also "been decisively involved in the manipulation of FIFA members with voting rights", here are new revelations that are unlikely to improve the reputation of FIFA." 
Link

9 hours ago, Long n Left said:

So Leipzig is seeking £70 million for Keita?

Get the **** outta here!

He won't sign a new contract, Leipzig paid €15 million last year for him...the money in soccer is getting stupid.

l'd love to have him, but not at that price. Doubt they get close to that from anyone. If he won't sign with them, make a tempting offer, say £35-40 million or so, and if they don't take it they're fools, as he then may walk for nothing.

Am I nuts to have laughed when I saw that report?

That's the market we're now in. I'm normally the complete antipathies to what I'm now gonna' say, and VERY reticent to see such sums spent on players; but when it comes to the very top echelon that the manager wants who fit, pay it. It's a good investment in quality youth. Who by all accounts, as per every Bundesliga expert or reputable journo/ analyst, is as good as, if not better than, any other midfielder Worldwide.  Same with van Dijk. I can wear the mega fee when it's on top quality difference makers like him. L'pool are getting very good at playing the game, particularly on sales. £15 M. in all likelihood for Moreno. £20 M. for Markovic. £30 M. for Sakho et all. Can't have t both ways. If you demand top dollar for players, be prepared to pay it to get the very best. 

There's a MASSIVE shift in policy going on with FSG who are now prepared to match most anyone to not fall behind and stay on this upward trajectory under the manager. It's just something we're gonna' have to get used to I think as we've not known this line of business before. 

Been saying it since the season ended but I honestly think we'll spend £200 plus million this summer and break the club transfer record 2 or 3 times in the process. I'm getting the impression that they're going all in this summer to put in place the top bracket backbone of the side for the next 5 years or so. And then they'll reel it back in coming windows and spend far less. 

I'm at the point where I'm ready to embrace spending big to invest in the very best at good, young ages. We never spent last summer. We've spent next to nothing both winter windows under Klopp. We're sloshing with money from those windows not spent along with the riches of the TV deal and new stand profits kicking in. And the prospect of CL riches next season. So invest it back in the squad and give the manager the top bracket tools to take this on another level. 

The market is what it is lid. As crazy as that is in reality. You either roll with it or go backwards. And with everyone else spending big, getting left further behind isn't an option. 

Hail. 

Yeah GHH, I get that the financial landscape has taken a dramatic change, especially with China in the mix now, but £70 million for a 22 year old midfielder who has played only one year in the Bundesliga seems exorbitant. I have no qualms with a fee of £50 for Van Dijk as he has shown his quality in the PL for a couple seasons now. Can Keita handle the PL physicality? £70 million seems quite a gamble to find out. If Jurgy loves him, I'm in 100%.

I have gotten to see Keita play a couple times this past season, and he's a tidy player. I just think about us reeling from Dortmund's asking price of £40 million for Pulisic, who is 3 1/2 years younger, and, IMO, is quite similar to Keita, ability-wise.