Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

They were until they laid out £25 million on Keane and are seriously considering taking Rooney on loan. 

Hail. 

Going rate these days as you well know. Better than some of the deals being done for mediocre overseas players.

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Going rate these days as you well know. Better than some of the deals being done for mediocre overseas players.

To be fair you don't get much more mediocre than Keane. Product of Burnley's system and having everyone back around him. But when he has to think for himself and actually play football ..... all for knocking mediocre foreign players coming in but he's not a good example to hold up for the British cause. 

Hail. 

I wasn't going to post anything when I saw it's 10 years to the day we signed Torres as he ultimately was the last player I ever allowed to idolise and break my heart. (Joe doesn't count because like who doesn't love Joe? :headbang:.).  But then it's an excuse for that boss Nike ad to get another airing. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Lukaku to Man U for 75mil is the talk.

Good deal for both teams in my opinion.

I can't believe the money that gets thrown around these days.  Soooo much money in the PL it's absurd.  Record fees being broken for clubs all over the place.

Lukaku, is not in my opinion, worth anything over 60m.  A bullish striker with a nose for goals, but lacks technicality and linkup play, has a bad attitude, and doesn't lead a line with aggression.  Interesting that Mourinho, the person who pushed him out at Chelsea, will sign him for so much to go to OT.  Surely when Lukaku signs and mourinho holds a press conference, he will say it was the club that sold Lukaku in the first place and he always had great aspirations for him at Chelsea.  Two face Mourinho...or you know, Judas as some fans love to call him.  

13 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I can't believe the money that gets thrown around these days.  Soooo much money in the PL it's absurd.  Record fees being broken for clubs all over the place.

Lukaku, is not in my opinion, worth anything over 60m.  A bullish striker with a nose for goals, but lacks technicality and linkup play, has a bad attitude, and doesn't lead a line with aggression.  Interesting that Mourinho, the person who pushed him out at Chelsea, will sign him for so much to go to OT.  Surely when Lukaku signs and mourinho holds a press conference, he will say it was the club that sold Lukaku in the first place and he always had great aspirations for him at Chelsea.  Two face Mourinho...or you know, Judas as some fans love to call him.  

Massive inflation with the TV deals and such. Im hoping that the reports of Chelsea wanting him are true and since Everton says a deal isnt dont this might make Chelsea try to beat that 75 million. Lukaku was never going to stay after what went on this offseason, Im very happy to get 75+ million out of him.

Pretty good return on the 28 million we bought him for which had some people saying he wasnt worth it. Got a bunch of goals out of him and made another 45 million plus.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Massive inflation with the TV deals and such. Im hoping that the reports of Chelsea wanting him are true and since Everton says a deal isnt dont this might make Chelsea try to beat that 75 million. Lukaku was never going to stay after what went on this offseason, Im very happy to get 75+ million out of him.

Pretty good return on the 28 million we bought him for which had some people saying he wasnt worth it. Got a bunch of goals out of him and made another 45 million plus.

I am hoping the opposite and that it will lead Chelsea to move on toward Morata, who I believe is the superior player.  Most of what I'm reading says Chelsea are still sour over the Stones saga and won't do business that they aren't comfortable with.  Asking 100m for Lukaku was never going to happen.

But, SOMEONE I feel has put money down on Lukaku and Everton are sure he is going for a massive fee.  They are spending the money like they've already got it :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I am hoping the opposite and that it will lead Chelsea to move on toward Morata, who I believe is the superior player.  Most of what I'm reading says Chelsea are still sour over the Stones saga and won't do business that they aren't comfortable with.  Asking 100m for Lukaku was never going to happen.

But, SOMEONE I feel has put money down on Lukaku and Everton are sure he is going for a massive fee.  They are spending the money like they've already got it :)

Hes been on my team scoring goals for us for the last few years, but I would not want to pay 75 million for him for sure hah... I'm hoping Chelsea just has the money burning a hole in their pocket. And yeah, he wasn't going to go for 100 million, but as everyone knows you ask for more than you are willing to accept to maximize your intake.

I will be very bothered if don't use the money from his sale on top of what they spent, and I think that they will since Moshiri has taken over. We will see after all of the summer business is done though. I really hope that the rumors of Giroud are true, be very happy with replacing Lukaku with Giroud and having another 55+ plus to spend on top of it.

There are games with Lukaku disappears, big games where he doesnt step up. If you are going for that much you need to show up in the bigger games.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Totally agree that the money deals are absurd these days. Problem is, if you think he's worth 60mil with all those negatives, that says it all about where football and money is right now. He will get his 25+ goals and Jose will take that I reckon.

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Lukaku to Man U for 75mil is the talk.

Good deal for both teams in my opinion.

Great deal for Everton. Save for the completely washed-up Rooney coming the other direction which makes absolutely zero sense at all. 

Baffling from Utd's POV. The one thing you need in a Mourinho team is discipline and hard work. He has none of that. The one constant knock from blues is he's a complete lazy **** 9 times out of 10. But he scores. Except not against any big sides when he completely disappears. Frustrating thing is he has it all. But it's when he wants to play. 

Not heard one blue today upset to lose him. And personally speaking, I'd be far more worried about Utd improving goalscoring wise if they'd signed Lacazette or Aubameyang. Which is strange given the enormity of the fee. 

Only downside here is Everton are considerably better off. 

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Why not flash the cash for Mbappe, United? Doesn't make sense to go for Lukaku when they have Rashford.

That's another thing again. The have two boss young forwards in Martial and Rashford. But they're quick so let's stick them out the wing .....

#joseknows6thplacedbest

Moving on to L'pool:

Frigging half 12 KO the Sat'day to open up at Watford. Beats the fear of it being the Friday Night like with the qualifier following but dinner time KO's are just the worst. (God forbid when these Sunday half 11's come in. NOBODY wants a part of that ****!). And half the morning spent travelling down with little time before the match doesn't make things any easier. Be a late train back methinks to make up.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

I am hoping the opposite and that it will lead Chelsea to move on toward Morata, who I believe is the superior player. .....

Although I don't think Morata is anywhere near like 'all that' as the delusional Utd fans have been making him out to be (and now are saying the opposite. Funny how that happens), I'd take his growing potential over Lukaku. Don't think he's a 20 goal a season replacement for Costa right now, but he's certainly a far better fit who you know will both put it in and be far more flexible and mobile up there. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

..... Any substance in the PSG-Couthino talk or is that BS @Gibbs Hog Heaven

Transfer window bunkum. I can see him potentially going Madrid or more so Barcelona in a few years as most top Brazilians like to have their career mapped out to lead. But for the foreseeable, he's openly more than happy at Anfield and working with Klopp and what he's building. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Although I don't think Morata is anywhere near like 'all that' as the delusional Utd fans have been making him out to be (and now are saying the opposite. Funny how that happens), I'd take his growing potential over Lukaku. Don't think he's a 20 goal a season replacement for Costa right now, but he's certainly a far better fit who you know will both put it in and be far more flexible and mobile up there. 

Hail. 

Agree.  At this point, losing Costa is going to hurt.  The most like-for-like replacement at the moment would be Morata who brings a whole slew of question marks:

1. Can he lead an attacking line?  He has never held the number 1 striker spot

2. Can he live up to the price tag? Let's go with a conservative 75m that Lukaku just signed for.  Massive price/pressure

3. Does he ever reach his potential?  Lot's of players have potential, very few get all the way there.  He's shown flashes now in both Serie A and La Liga.

4. Does Conte want him?  Signs are pointing to yes, but honestly you never know with these things.

He's certainly more skilled than both Costa and Lukaku--he can dribble with his head up which is a start :rofl89:!  But both Costa and Lukaku can bang them in the PL, not something every striker in the world can do, no matter their potential.  Losing (or gaining as manure has done) a guaranteed 20 pl goal scorer is big time stuff.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Agree.  At this point, losing Costa is going to hurt.  The most like-for-like replacement at the moment would be Morata who brings a whole slew of question marks:

1. Can he lead an attacking line?  He has never held the number 1 striker spot

2. Can he live up to the price tag? Let's go with a conservative 75m that Lukaku just signed for.  Massive price/pressure

3. Does he ever reach his potential?  Lot's of players have potential, very few get all the way there.  He's shown flashes now in both Serie A and La Liga.

4. Does Conte want him?  Signs are pointing to yes, but honestly you never know with these things.

He's certainly more skilled than both Costa and Lukaku--he can dribble with his head up which is a start :rofl89:!  But both Costa and Lukaku can bang them in the PL, not something every striker in the world can do, no matter their potential.  Losing (or gaining as manure has done) a guaranteed 20 pl goal scorer is big time stuff.  

Still can't understand why there's such a lack of interest in Aubameyang when the price is apparently as low as it is. Personally, think he's the best striker openly available this summer and he's about to come into his prime. 

I like Arsenal's pick up of Lacozette. Just amusing it's taken them going out the CL places to finally splash out when had they brought him in a few years back they could well have ended their title drought. 

Hail. 

I guess if Utd waive any fee on Rooney, from Everton's standpoint they've gotten the £100 million they were after. 

With what, £75 million rising to a possible £90, the extra £10 M. in effect covers Rooney right? 

Although theirs a lot of rumours swirling here that Everton are putting this out there to tempt Chelsea into a bidding war. Joyce is saying it's close to Utd which seems the state of play but until it's actually signed .....

Hail. 

• Like 1

The Times Merseyside footie correspondent, Paul Joyce, who's about as reliably informed as the local beat guys are, confirming the simple maths fo Everton getting the £100 million they've been insisting on in a roundabout way to save face in today's paper: 

' ..... Ed Woodward, United’s chief executive, has negotiated a deal in which the club will pay £75 million for Lukaku, plus £15 million in easily achievable add-ons. It is likely that the player’s medical will take place in Los Angeles. 

United are suggesting that Rooney will be given a free transfer but he is, in effect, being valued at about £10 million to £15 million, which would give Everton the £100million fee they were holding out for when it became clear Lukaku would not sign a new contract. ..... '

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/manchester-united-deal-for-100m-lukaku-sn9vg6jtf

Hail. 

45 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Word is that Everton has lodged a 65 million bid for Van Dijk. If true, dont know that I am thrilled with that. He seems to be a good player but 65 million is a lot of money for a CB.

Now that would stir things up a bit.