Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

27 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

35 mil option to buy. That's a crazy deal. Real got straight robbed. Brilliant by Bayern.

35 seems reasonable. Not sure that its a crazy deal, he hasnt really been playing, cant break into the Real first team. There is only so much you can ask for a player that isnt getting on the field much.

7 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

35 seems reasonable. Not sure that its a crazy deal, he hasnt really been playing, cant break into the Real first team. There is only so much you can ask for a player that isnt getting on the field much.

Ridriguez stats for playing time is pretty damn good. Him and Zidane just don't go well. Remember James had his best years under Carlo. Carlo personally called James last night and James immediately agreed. 10 mil on 2 yrs and 35 mil to buy. James shows his WC ability every time with Columbia. James brings a creativity and scoring threat with his ability to play on the wing or central.

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Ridriguez stats for playing time is pretty damn good. Him and Zidane just don't go well. Remember James had his best years under Carlo. Carlo personally called James last night and James immediately agreed. 10 mil on 2 yrs and 35 mil to buy. James shows his WC ability every time with Columbia. James brings a creativity and scoring threat with his ability to play on the wing or central.

Yeah, I think he is a really good player. Dont doubt that, Im more commenting on the sale price. Real can only ask for so much for a player that isnt getting first team time, regardless of what reasons they may have.

Much much much better piece of business for bayern.  But I ask again, where will he play?  Thiago, vidal, kimmich, tolisso, all arguably (thiago and vidal definitely) ahead of him in midfield.  Will he play as a left winger with Costa and Ribery both falling out of favor?  It will all be very interesting to see.  What do you think @RichmondRedskin88

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Much much much better piece of business for bayern.  But I ask again, where will he play?  Thiago, vidal, kimmich, tolisso, all arguably (thiago and vidal definitely) ahead of him in midfield.  Will he play as a left winger with Costa and Ribery both falling out of favor?  It will all be very interesting to see.  What do you think @RichmondRedskin88

James on the wings seem a waste but he's probably a replacement for Muller.

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Thiago is one of the best in his position. Vidal has probably 1-2 yrs in him possibly. James was a winger previously. Muller has performed badly though so his spot is up in air.  Tolisso is the future. Kimmich is becoming a RB as he already does that for Germany. Ribery has one yr left. 

I could see Christmas tree formation return. This move puts Muller on notice to perform. Plus James following in South America is huge when Bayern has a good following in Asia.

According to Radio RMC, Mbappé will stay in Monaco. The media saying that while he used to live in a room of the training center, the player has just signed a lease for a house in the heights of the Principality.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

It's match day! The Reds are finally playing a game of footie again over the water at Tranmere! 

Bar Salah currently in Paris, having had to leave the Country for a few days to fulfil that mad work permy rule, Can still on his hols, and Phil and Lallana having just returned this week, along with Ings and Sadio still rehabbing; everyone's available from the get-go. 

Points of interest, at least for me this pre-season, are:-

Which youngster has an Ejaria like leap from last summer and really impresses to bump himself up to the first team squad as Klopp has shown he has no fear of doing. Solanke's the obvious one there with Origi under threat to up his game. MASSIVE season for Divock. Hopefully, he responds to the Solanke addition and they both push each other to fulfil their respective potential. Which winger really impresses out of Kent, Ojo and Wilson as to what we end up doing with them. How Gomez and Grujic look and fit now they're back and healthy. The competition among the young lads should be fierce again knowing if they impress the manager he'll give them every chance which makes these exhibition games more competitive to watch than they normally would be. 

The G/K situation. Very interesting what Klopp was saying on that Monday. Along with Ward being stopped from returning to Huddersfield for another season as they wanted. An open competition there through the summer games for the #1 shirt opening day makes that an interesting battle to watch. 

And will we see much of a change in formation's tried/ player positions swapped around, without tipping his hand too much? He's been talking about being far more tactically flexible in how we line-up so that'll be one to keep an eye on. 

And last but not least Daniel Sturridge fit and playing football! Not many better sights to see than that in Red! That's exciting in itself!

Yeah, pre-season is ostensibly about getting in shape and reforming relationships on the pitch. With results and performances meaning little. (Often the training sessions are FAR more important than any of the actual games.). But with a manager so invested in youth, the early games, in particular, have interest to see which ones catch his eye for the coming year.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I really hope Chelsea aren't interested in this: 

Speaking personally, Lukaku wouldn't have bothered me had they bagged him. Just don't see how he'd of fit under Conte. (The same way I don't see how he does under Mourinho or how he improves Utd to any significant degree.). Moratta I wouldn't have liked being as he's a far better footballer (not goalscorer) and fit than the Belgium IMHO. Although that would have been less worrying as, right now, his goals output would have been a drop from Costa and they hardly spread them around. Similar to how I feel on Arsenal and Lacazette. On the face of it looks a great fit and he's a real good footballer. And his goals output has been ridiculous the past three years. But that's always tinged with it happening in the lesser French league and how he'll adapt to the step up in every respect over here. But Aubamayang would be a sickener for everyone not a Chelsea fan. By far and away the best seemingly available striker this summer for me who's just getting better and better. And he's just about to enter his prime. 

I currently have Chelsea slipping back into the pack up the top but adding him would be a complete game changer again. 

For the sake of the rest of the league, I hope there's little interest from Chelsea. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

For the sake of the rest of the league, I hope there's little interest from Chelsea. 

Hail. 

I do not think Chelsea are realistically in the hunt for him.  He is not the type of player Conte would want, I don't think, at least given the way we played last year.  Auba does not hold the ball up well and doesn't link up well with teammates.  He has an incredible nose for goal and obviously everyone is worried of his pace for 90 minutes...something you just can't teach.

BvB have come out and flat out said he is available for ~70m, the fact that lots of clubs aren't lining up around the corner to sign him is worrisome on its own.  I will admit though, in a land where lukaku goes for 75m getting Auba for less seems like a steal.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I do not think Chelsea are realistically in the hunt for him.  He is not the type of player Conte would want, I don't think, at least given the way we played last year.  Auba does not hold the ball up well and doesn't link up well with teammates.  He has an incredible nose for goal and obviously everyone is worried of his pace for 90 minutes...something you just can't teach.

BvB have come out and flat out said he is available for ~70m, the fact that lots of clubs aren't lining up around the corner to sign him is worrisome on its own.  I will admit though, in a land where lukaku goes for 75m getting Auba for less seems like a steal.  

Auba is very good, and has scored lots of goals for BVB. I have watched a lot of BvB games over the last year + due to Pulisic and Auba missed an amazing amount of sitters/great chances for someone who has scored that many goals so maybe that is part of it. I hope he stays at BvB as he, Dembele, and Pulisic are quite fun to watch play together.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

11 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Auba is very good, and has scored lots of goals for BVB. I have watched a lot of BvB games over the last year + due to Pulisic and Auba missed an amazing amount of sitters/great chances for someone who has scored that many goals so maybe that is part of it. I hope he stays at BvB as he, Dembele, and Pulisic are quite fun to watch play together.

Yea, auba has a bit of cavani syndrome.  

Teams for the Tranmere friendly:

Melissa Reddy?Verified account @MelissaReddy_  11m11 minutes agoMore

Replying to @MelissaReddy_ @tranmererovers
#LFC first-half XI: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lucas, Milner, Henderson, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge

Melissa Reddy?Verified account @MelissaReddy_  11m11 minutes agoMore

Replying to @MelissaReddy_ @tranmererovers
#LFC second-half XI: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Klavan, Flanagan, Stewart, Chirivella, Woodburn, Markovic, Kent, Solanke 

Subs: Grabara, Randall

http://www.eplsite.org/stream10.html

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Worthwhile, competitive training exercise played at a good tempo. L'pool won 4-0. 2 in each half. A Milner penalty and a 30 yarder bent the bottom corner from Grujić the first. Chirivella and a Woodburn pen the second. Some very tidy play. Just a little rusty. 

From the first half team, Grujić, Trent and Ojo stood out. Sheyi back to confidently running at people. Trent overlapping great and Grujić just dominating the middle spraying it all over and looking very dangerous breaking from midfield. Great to see the captain back playing football for the first time since February. Matip missed an absolute sitter. 

Second half the youngsters upped it more. Gomez composed as ever without ever being stretched. Woodburn dominating the middle aided by the very tidy Chirivella who looks to have bulked up his 5 months in Holland. Kent the standout the left who looks to of made a giant leap after his great season at Barnsley last year. And Dom Solanke looking like a natural finisher. One touch and bang. Real good movement and very unfortunate not to score. Another head scratcher why he never got a look at Chelsea. Kudos to Flanno too who looked a heck of a lot fitter than he did Tranmere last year and worked great with Kent down the left. 

Karius played the first 66 minutes having little to do bar one excellent save he was out fast and spreading himself Grabara replaced him and had even less to do. Literally an attack against defence 90-minute training workout. 

And a lot of talk of both van Dijk and Kieta progressing behind the scenes. The former from a very reliable source. All in all a decent night. 

Oh yeah. Lazar Markovic is still lazy and utter ****e even against Tranmere. The one he blazed over when it all it needed was a tap in summed him up. Some things NEVER change!

Up the Back at It Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Thanks for the update GHH!

Really think that TAA and Ojo pairing could  begin pestering the PL in a year or twos time.

i also think that I may be developing a Grujic man crush

Here's his goal from tonight. (The other goals are all on the same twitter feed.). 'Keeper should have saved it but still. Had another couple that he was very unlucky not to score from.

Interesting that Trent started with the A team if you like and not Clyne. Might be something. Might be nothing. Just thinking back to Klopp's first pre-season last year and there was a very definitive A/ B team differential from the first half to the second. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Is salah with Liverpool yet? Always thought there was a player there when at Chelsea but just young, inconsistent, and not ready for the physicality of PL.  kind of like a cuadrado you know there's talent there but they just couldn't handle the grind. It will be interesting to see how he fares this go-round!  

Well, Rooney's first goal back  is a wonderful one. But I think I missed about half of the first half since Everton cant figure out how to stream properly, pretty pathetic. If you are going to charge for this you better make sure you are actually able to provide the service. I paid for these 3 pre-season games, Ill be expecting a refund at least for the last 2 as Im not willing to pay for subpar service.

We are dropping 100+ million but cant stream a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Well, Rooney's first goal back  is a wonderful one. But I think I missed about half of the first half since Everton cant figure out how to stream properly, pretty pathetic. If you are going to charge for this you better make sure you are actually able to provide the service. I paid for these 3 pre-season games, Ill be expecting a refund at least for the last 2 as Im not willing to pay for subpar service.

We are dropping 100+ million but cant stream a game.

You don't want to hear about the absolute cluster**** L'pool have put their members through over on-line ticket sales the past 3 days. 

Totally unacceptable isn't the word. 

Hail. 

• Like 1