Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This window has the potential to be great... it also has the potential to be awful.

I'm off to prevent the latter...

More to follow, but here is a preview of my trip to London to meet with the Barca reps

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

First van Dijk goes on strike. 

Now Keita is fighting with his teammates. 

The things players will do to have a chance to play for Klopp. :P.

Hail. 

If FSG sell our magician I'm afraid there is nothing left to do but full on riot.

Klopp probably leaves within a year if they do that and we're back to the Hogdson's or an unseasoned Stevie G as a manager.

Also Just send Renato away now. He's not even trying to fit into the squad and he's lazy at practices. We're trying to help him and makes excuses because he's 19 but the guy has to help himself a bit.  Most players try to learn German to connect better by taking classes. The guy doesn't even want to do that. At first I thought we were being harsh but if you aren't even trying well hard to defend a player like that.

I thought Sanches was clearly the MOTM against Chelsea.

I think if anyone is lazy it's Anceloti for not wanting to develop anyone.  He's old.

I'd love Sanches at Anfield as a backup to Naby.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I thought Sanches was clearly the MOTM against Chelsea.

I think if anyone is lazy it's Anceloti for not wanting to develop anyone.  He's old.

I'd love Sanches at Anfield as a backup to Naby.

Carlo wants to play him but he doesn't want practice hard and he's not attempting to fit in. Costa was sent away because he stopped caring even when given chances. He was suppose to be our future winger but wouldn't put the work in. Sanches knew he was competing in a stacked midfield. You have to work for your spot. His lack of effort shows in sloppy giveaways and passes. Yesterday was one of his first good games. Maybe he needs to grow up. But look at how little time he gets with the national team now. He doesn't give everything and it's showing for club and country.

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

No way Bayern goes for Mbappe, that would be short-term desperation at its worst.

Its not necessary but when you look at the moves they are building the youth right now.  They add Leon from schalke next summer. Bayern is making moves to get young while competing.

No way Bayern goes for Mbappe, that would be short-term desperation at its worst.

Its not necessary but when you look at the moves they are building the youth right now.  They add Leon from schalke next summer. Bayern is making moves to get young while competing.

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Carlo wants to play him but he doesn't want practice hard and he's not attempting to fit in. Costa was sent away because he stopped caring even when given chances. He was suppose to be our future winger but wouldn't put the work in. Sanches knew he was competing in a stacked midfield. You have to work for your spot. His lack of effort shows in sloppy giveaways and passes. Yesterday was one of his first good games. Maybe he needs to grow up. But look at how little time he gets with the national team now. He doesn't give everything and it's showing for club and country.

Well he's not a winger, he's a center mid...

That's part of the problem.  Costa and Coman are always going to be better out there than he is.

He bossed a midfield with Kante in it during that friendly.

Neal Maupay is another French forward who no one is giving any love to.

Last I saw he was rotting away on a bench at St E.  Bags of potential and he's much stronger than Mbappe or Martial.

@Gibbs Hog Heaven Jimmy Pearce is saying something is going down tonight?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

If Pool can't get Naby maybe they can get somebody like Amdou Diawara. Dude clearly going to blow up in a year or two, plays like a Guinean/Italy Busquets. 

I like Diawara but we don't have the best relationship with Napoli apparently.

Wonder if he goes back for Anderson Talisca?

He is pretty similar to Gini so I'm not sure he adds much.  He's a better finisher, though.

He's intricate in the buildup which is what Klopp likes about Keita. 

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven Jimmy Pearce is saying something is going down tonight?

Klopps partying back in Bavaria on proper beer?

Since the club shut everything down after the initial van Dijk fiasco, I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore. Even the reliable, close knit local corp are constantly contradicting themselves and rehashing old news. There's so much misinformation flying around, particularly over Keita, that deciphering it is nigh on impossible. 

Worst. Window. EVER!

It's just been one laborious chore. I just want this summer to end. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm over the window but I'm afraid I have not much else to do while I'm waiting for my plane in a few weeks.

I swore it off the other day but you know how that goes.  Just get something done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Yeah I'm over the window but I'm afraid I have not much else to do while I'm waiting for my plane in a few weeks.

I swore it off the other day but you know how that goes.  Just get something done.

I at least have Berlin to look forward to this weekend so there is that. 

Nice to see you're still alive. Ass! 

Liverpool midfielder Pedro Chirivella returns to Eredivisie - Liverpool Echo

Yeah, I'd presume that's it for the young Spaniard at ours. They've had another good look this pre-season and decided again against keeping him around. 

My one thing with him was he always looked a little too lightweight for the English game as technically sound and quick thinking as he is. But the domestic friendlies this year he'd looked to of bulked up and stood out the middle. But then I'm not privy to watching him on a daily basis. 

Who knows, another season of competitive football might do him the World of good? But I'm not expecting a Chirivella Anfield career now.

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Yeah... so good luck signing any more young African players after this one RB.... wow... for shame

It's blowing up all over now with Guinean players tweeting calling Rangnick out.

I'm just stunned that he could come out with such overtly racist undertones. This isn't a stupid man here. He knows the World we live in. 

Unless they've accepted defeat and he's trying to force Keita's hand to rebel so they can say they just couldn't persuade him to stay and it had gone past the point of no return; that's just utterly mad.

Not just in Keita's case but so far as signing future African players as you say lil' bro'. 

Just when you think things couldn't get any more bizarre wtih this one.

Hail

Very interesting and well researched read on why Rangnick may well have been so Hell bent on keeping Keita at Leipzig this summer.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/exclusive-why-ralf-rangnick-is-against-keita-joining-liverpool?utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=monkey-sponge

Hopefully, he's now completely shot himself in the foot with what he's had to say today. 

Hail. 

• Like 1