Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

My buddy had the new Copas on last night. A nice revamp of the classic boot—for a change, they did things right with a new molded plastic heel cup for stability. Tongue is slightly different, but I think that's mostly aesthetic. The outsole is made from new, lighter plastic. But they kept the best parts about the classic boot.  #bootlust

https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/adidas-copa-17-1-fg-soccer-cleat-black-white-red_A95568

20 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

My buddy had the new Copas on last night. A nice revamp of the classic boot—for a change, they did things right with a new molded plastic heel cup for stability. Tongue is slightly different, but I think that's mostly aesthetic. The outsole is made from new, lighter plastic. But they kept the best parts about the classic boot.  #bootlust

https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/adidas-copa-17-1-fg-soccer-cleat-black-white-red_A95568

Your buddy has great taste. 

Still the best boots ever produced and it's not even open to debate. 

You back playing again or still just relegated to watching?

Hail. 

Pains me to say it but if, as seems apparent, the Lukaku/ Utd deal goes through well done the blues on outstanding business. 

Everton (however it's made up) totalling up the £100 mill. they've been shouting about from day one. Getting a World record fee for a frustratingly inconsistent , lazy player, not least against his no-shows against the top 6 Everton so desperately want to break into; who both doesn't want to be there and who most fans have done nottin' but nark about when he has been. All for a player you paid £28 million for who every man and his dog at the time thought was a WELL OTT fee. 

Invest that in 2 or 3 players (or more) who score and more than compensate for Lukaku's output, which is what, around 13 a league season in Everton terms. Not relying on one fella' for the goals and becoming more multi-dimensional surely can't be seen as anything other than progressive? Koeman only has to be looking over the park for a multi-faceted team that scores from all over rather than just having Lukaku to take out the game if you're the opposition. 

Reinvest in for argument's sake Giroud, Sigurdsson and a few others and to move on for such good business will look far from Everton's detriment but exciting times over the next three weeks before their sseason starts the qualifier.

Hail. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Your buddy has great taste. 

Still the best boots ever produced and it's not even open to debate. 

You back playing again or still just relegated to watching?

Hail. 

Not playing yet. My spare ime was taking up by my coachin gig, so I had to forego going to physical therapy. Although I was active while coaching and it feels like it's coming back. My old PT place was also cramped, and at this stage I need to be in a place where I can work on running and cutting and jumping.

But not playing by choice. I really want to be cleared by a professional before I step back on. Research is finding that the initial injury can trigger a cascading set of problems because it creates an imbalance and other muscle groups pick up the slack.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Not playing yet. My spare ime was taking up by my coachin gig, so I had to forego going to physical therapy. Although I was active while coaching and it feels like it's coming back. My old PT place was also cramped, and at this stage I need to be in a place where I can work on running and cutting and jumping.

But not playing by choice. I really want to be cleared by a professional before I step back on. Research is finding that the initial injury can trigger a cascading set of problems because it creates an imbalance and other muscle groups pick up the slack.

Sound plan. Don't overly push it and make sure your body is 100% to return. It's your future health at stake the end of the day. 

Glad to read things are progressing well regardless. 

Hail. 

Sound plan. Don't overly push it and make sure your body is 100% to return. It's your future health at stake the end of the day. 

Glad to read things are progressing well regardless. 

Hail. 

Yeah. The warning signs are all around me. When the guys I coach with (all former players at various levels) saw me back, talk invariably goes to all the surgeries they've had, who the surgeons were, and how the repeat injuries or new injuries occur. It affects my careers too: can't coach (which I love) and I took a lot of time off from my day job (which employers don't really like) and most importantly my wife had to take on the burden of me and two kids. Not only taking more care of us but also picking up the stuff I had to od

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 6:02 PM, FanboyOf91 said:

sure

:ols: not happening, as much as I'd like to bring Morata in.  What's the french media saying about bakayoko?  Any truth to Manure stepping in?

In other news Antonio Rudiger comes in and offers versatility and competition if nothing else.  Played well for Germany youngsters this summer...loads of potential but a fairly large injury history.  Traing at Cobham starts today and Diego has been "excused."  Au revoir, Costa.  

Edit: thought you were @FrFan when I quoted you there my bad

Edited by SkinssRvA

Word I said Bayern may drop 80 mil for Rodriguez. He is unhappy and Real/ Bayern have good transfer relations. I also like that we'd give a world talent a second chance when he's being kicked to the curb despite doing everything he was asked to do. He'll have a chip on his shoulder and I like that.

Thats a pretty solid transfer period if it happens. Lots of young talent to the squad.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

For the life of me I still do not know where james' natural position is.  Is he a winger?  A center mid?  Attacking mid?  Center forward?  He's played striker some.

People like that are versatile and have loads of "potential."  But at some point you have to hone your craft.  The fact that ZZ doesn't have him as a starter tells me all I need to know.  Arguably in system made for james' skill set and he has players like asensio picked over him regularly.  James is lucky bale is injured so often otherwise he'd get no playtime.  80m is a ridiculous price for him, still riding the World Cup coat tails if you ask me.  

.....all that said if Chelsea drop the cash for him I'm all in...for the shirt sales alone :ols: 

17 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

:ols: not happening, as much as I'd like to bring Morata in.  What's the french media saying about bakayoko?  Any truth to Manure stepping in?

A couple of years ago Jardim wasn't happy with him and benched him, then he suffered injuries:  2014/15 - 91 days, 2015/16 - 37 days. These things put him down mentally, Makelele helped him and he made quite a comeback. He's a talented player, got skills, physicality, but he is inconsistent. He needs to work on that.

He's got to have knee surgery, so he will be out 8 to 10 weeks. José Morito doesn't mind about it and wants to sign him ! :ph34r::rolleyes:

I believe José got something going on with Chelsea, will he pull a Lukaku ?

My opinion FWIW,  I like Lemar better.

Last but not least, most of former Monaco players didn't really panned out elsewhere (Christanval, Kondogbia, James, Ferreira-Carrasco, Kurzawa), Martial had a very good rookie year and then he vanished.

Edit: latest rumor having Mbappé back in Paris for another visit, Henrique told him how they gonna play him with Cavani. It is believed he liked that. He had a visit with ManC a couple of weeks ago, and Real doesn't want to pay him €12 mil/year as the evil empire is willing to.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

So where do Chelsea turn if it doesn't given Conte appears to of completely burned his bridges with Costa after the tawdry 'text sacking' episode? 

Hail. 

Hell if I know.  Llorente has been linked but if we go into CL footie with llorente leading our line things will get embarrassing.  My response was more about morata and Danilo both signing for Chelsea.  I hold out hope morata can get done.  Otherwise, there are a few rumors about a couple kids from serie a: belotti and Keita balde diao.  You are right though, from all the talk there is no hope for costa here anymore, both himself and conte blundered this thing from day 1 of the offseason.