Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Thanks guys.....just wondering. I understood that for the Steelers game...national tv...something different, but I saw it a couple of other times and I just thought I'd ask.

Zorn said something about switching mid season, about the time the weather would start getting cooler.

I searched Uniform, and it was on the second page of the search. Nice try though.:cheers:
This is a perfect example of why tags are actually NOT dumb - they're actually USEFUL, if people would just use them for what they are intended for.

First somebody has to make the tag. And somebody already did (and it wasn't me).

Second, use the TAG SEARCH instead of the normal search. If you tag search for

uniform

shazaam, it's right there.

I think sometimes they will wear the dark jerseys to force the other team to wear white, when they would rather wear their dark color. Think the Eagles like wearing Green. Pittsburgh like black. I could be wrong though.

The premise of wearing white at home has always been to force Dallas to wear their road blues since they are one of the few teams that also have home white. The Pukes had to wear those blues in Cleveland and (oddly enough) St. Louis as well.

A number of other teams usually split their season with white early, then dark late at home; Philadelphia, Carolina, Tampa, Jacksonville, Houston come to mind.

Miami does white for day games but teal for the night games at home (less the handful of times they went with orange - they wore that against us in 2003).

My first years of watching the Redskins were home white with burgundy pants under Gibbs I which succeeding coaches kept until the year of Marty-ball. I'd like to see us go back to it ...

:2cents::2cents:

I think it's time for the team to bring back the gold (yellow) pants for both home and away games. They can always keep the burgundy pants as an alternative color to wear at times (many teams have different options).

I'd love to see them wear the burgundy and gold at home and the white and gold on the road.

That's all! Nothing major but a nice tweak to the uniform to completely break from the past of white/burgundy and burgundy/white.

^ I agree guys. Why doesn't the team bring back the Gold pants? The Burgundy jerseys with Gold Pants (George Allen era) were the best uni combo to date. It's a damn shame we no longer wear that uniform. Is there anything us little peons can do to make this happen?

183PH_I001-3_A.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

The first thing that needs to be done this offseason is BRING BACK THE DARK BURGUNDY UNI'S!

That' right I said it. Our "burgundy" gets lighter and lighter every season and I think it's effecting our play. Pretty soon we may look like the Chiefs.

You decide:

cp1.jpg?t=1230570722

op51-17817.jpg?t=1230570743

The first thing that needs to be done this offseason is BRING BACK THE DARK BURGUNDY UNI'S!

That' right I said it. Our "burgundy" gets lighter and lighter every season and I think it's effecting our play. Pretty soon we may look like the Chiefs.

I do not agree. I had a pair of 1998 Starter Burgundy Game Pants and a pair of 2006 Reebok Burgundy Game Pants and the difference is startling. The 1998 version is much lighter. MTH, any comments?

I am pretty sure the difference in the photos is the lighting.

Edited by xavmit
added additional words

• 1 month later...
Bump for a question...

Does anyone know if a uniform change of any kind is in the works? I'm not really asking for opinions, but more for information from people in the know.

Thanks!

I was just thinking yesterday "You know I've not seen a uni thread in a while" Well done sir well done!

Hey man I love any news on the Uni's. Lets get this thing going what will the danny try to sell us this season?

On a related side note...I know I am in the BIG TIME minority here but I really liked the al Burg Uni's that was so rad we gotta do that more...I dont know why I did but even know when I see pics or replays of that game I am stoked for us to wear that again.

Edited by rd421

Hey man I love any news on the Uni's. Lets get this thing going what will the danny try to sell us this season?

On a related side note...I know I am in the BIG TIME minority here but I really liked the al Burg Uni's that was so rad we gotta do that more...I dont know why I did but even know when I see pics or replays of that game I am stoked for us to wear that again.

+1 them all burgs was nice. But I wish we would do something. Almost all the teams that changed their jerseys started playing better.

Rams. i know they changed after their super bowl victory.

Pats

Bucs

Cards

Broncos

Eagles

Giants

Now I know the Bills and Lions changed too and still somewhat suck. But they are the Bills and Lions!!!!! At least the Bills started off 5-2

Got this off of Yahoo Answers:

Why does wearing black clothing make you hotter even in the shade?

jclint22...

Keep in mind that opposites attract and black is opposite to light. Therefore black absorbs energy.

Because black absorbs light energy, IE: collecting heat, regardless of how much light is present the black clothes will absorb the energy in the light.

Light and energy are proportional - more light = more energy = more heat / less light = less energy = less heat.

In your example of "shade" there is still light present = some light = some energy = some heat.

Even in the shade there is the presence of light. Light is energy and black absorbs light.

Edited by MLSKINS

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any scientific fact that wearing the darker jerseys in hot weather is worse than white? I guess in the old days, you had a home and away and that was it. It didn't matter what the weather was.

Black absorbs light, white reflects it, think about a projector and projector screen.

• 2 months later...

Do anybody know if we are plan any uniforms or logo updates this year of next. Also due you guy think we will use the yellow uniform any this year. I don't know about you guys it seems like we wear the same uniform every week..

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

Probably no changes, we would have heard about it already. Like the Lions and Jags. Hopefully we drop the all burgandy uni's. Those things were fugly. I wouldn't mind seeing the 75th uni again, we only saw them one time, a game we choked away. I love our uni's, so timeless, but sometimes a change is needed.

I think we kind of need to tweak the uniforms. Let's face it, the unis we have are timeless and classic, but many other teams have kept the main parts of the uniforms while making some changes. I like what the lions did to their uniforms and the seahawks and patriots have made similar changes in the past. Our uniforms are too 90's and need a little tweaking