Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Memorial day weekend,  my get everything done in 3 days . Open pool, pressure washing, get yard ready for summer, ECT. Haven't been on here, much less the internet. Sit down and pop a beer. Grab phone and open it only to see Greg Allman has died.☹ 

Glad you thought enough about us to pop in...but I got the feels too.  Put your earbuds in with the live album and carry on smartly.:headbang:

@mark327 ,Heck, my weekend started on Wednesday night. I have tomorrow figured out...but not tonight. Just got back in town about 2 hours ago. 

One thing after another to do all weekend. Wife was salty that we left today ( only person we didn't see was her Grandfather )...but I KNOW if we stayed longer today...I would not be back home until Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I suppose I am spoiled, I like to just have my time to unwind, beverage, eat, and relax at home. It keeps me young. This chick is going to have me looking like George Burns pretty soon, Right now, if I shaved I am looking along the lines of Pharell (Age-wise). 

Forgot to add, RIP Mr. Allman. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

I suppose I am spoiled, I like to just have my time to unwind, beverage, eat, and relax at home. It keeps me young. This chick is going to have me looking like George Burns pretty soon, Right now, if I shaved I am looking along the lines of Pharell (Age-wise). 

Me as well.  I don't call it spoiled, I'm just flat-out selfish...I like my time, my way.

2 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I'm one of the few that do. Lol 

Why didn't you post the video of the one time the rock used it as his entrance? I still remember that night. My cousin went out and brought that Agression album the next day.

Run DMC did the DX remix and some Westcoast Rapper did the Undertaker I think.

I know it to. I think the Rock came out to it with the mist/blackout and spotlight. Epic.

I think Jericho had the best one with Saliva,  but that was a different album

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

My time is always my time. Working on packing up the basement and into the POD. 

Having brunch with a HS friend that I haven't seen in a couple of decades. Going to have BBQ. 

You're not married, you lucky woman!  

I just finished watching everything but the finale of the Nurse's Ball, and all 5 episodes of YnR for the morning. 

Hope everyone remembers the price everyone paid to get us to enjoy a holiday...in their honor.  Do something for a vet you know.  Take some food to a help kitchen.  Give back in honor of those who kept us free. 

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Me as well.  I don't call it spoiled, I'm just flat-out selfish...I like my time, my way.

See, I don't consider you a person that is selfish AT ALL. 

I consider myself particular. 

I love the comforts of home. 

Heck, I took my wife to my parents house for the first time last month. 

I STILL felt uncomfortable and we only stayed one night, and she has met my folks a few times now. 

She loves staying at someone's house... I hate it. 

Her thing is either friends or family, my argument is I want to take a dump with some privacy. 

Not to mention, I don't want to form opinions about your family and say something you might think is rude. 

I guess it is mainly a bathroom thing. I need a clean bathroom. Everywhere we have stayed as far as family is clean...thankfully. 

Still not my bathroom. 

And pets...Shedders, We both wear black often. I do not want pet hair on me all the time.

I record and watch the same day in the evening usually. Can skip the commercials.

Hopefully things will change once I move to Austin and am around family. I want to spend time with my granddaughter. 

I don't even have a GF right now, so can concentrate on getting the house ready for sale. 

You and I are the same, Kosher.  Swear.  I can't move around ATL unless I can realize my being at home by XX time. 

I hate being away from my home and my cats.  I am the crazy cat lady...who loves heavy metal and country. 

I'm a mess, but a hailin' one, so there.

16 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I record and watch the same day in the evening usually. Can skip the commercials.

Hopefully things will change once I move to Austin and am around family. I want to spend time with my granddaughter. 

I don't even have a GF right now, so can concentrate on getting the house ready for sale. 

You and I need to have a conversation about the "Hopefully" part of your post. 

I love my family and seeing them. I just don't feel like I need to be around them all the time as a grown ass man. 

EDIT: I had a much longer post that I deleted. Things will change, I hope you are ready for it. 

I am hopeful that I get to spend time with my remaining family, my daughter and granddaughter.  After my brother's death in August, there's not much here for me. One of my best friends lives in Delaware, another in Florida, another in Maryland, and another in Arizona.  I see my daughter and granddaughter about every two years.

The part I don't like is living in TX.  I'm hoping to snowbird and live part of the summers in MI or traveling around to various women's events that I like, camping, fire pits, sisterhood.

My granddaughter is 11, soon to be 12, so I want to see her as much as possible.  Maybe take care of her while her parents are at work once I get down there.  I feel that time is very short for me, since my stroke, and the loss of my brother and a cousin last summer.  65 is a time to take advantage of retirement and enjoying life.

LSF, When do I get some home cooking and smores ...something?  Geez, I'll buy the ingredients.

I know you have been around here for years ( maybe 10 ? ) and I have come to appreciate you immensely.

Best part is when we disagree. We are still civil and don't act like some of the idiots around here. 

Serious note: I am truly happy for you having the opportunity to spend with your family. Enjoy every freaking second of it...even the parts that piss you off initially you will most likely sit back and laugh about later. You will laugh at the people and hold your opinion. 

That is why I have respected you even in a disagreement. 

See those kids, and rock it out. Come see me in Vegas for Halloween. Then we can do it all again next year. 

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I put the sensual in consensual sex.

Umm... I put something else in. 

Marvin Gaye has been gone for a while unfortunately. 

I refused to have sex with a woman that is under the influence. 

I think what you meant is that you put the sensual sex into sex. 

Not to mention...all sex should be consensual. 

10 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

LSF, When do I get some home cooking and smores ...something?  Geez, I'll buy the ingredients.

I know you have been around here for years ( maybe 10 ? ) and I have come to appreciate you immensely.

Best part is when we disagree. We are still civil and don't act like some of the idiots around here. 

Serious note: I am truly happy for you having the opportunity to spend with your family. Enjoy every freaking second of it...even the parts that piss you off initially you will most likely sit back and laugh about later. You will laugh at the people and hold your opinion. 

That is why I have respected you even in a disagreement. 

See those kids, and rock it out. Come see me in Vegas for Halloween. Then we can do it all again next year. 

Thanks, K! You know, my Florida friend absolutely loves Vegas, likes to gamble a bit. I'm not a gambler, there are a bunch of campgrounds nearby plus I want to see Lake Mead. I can see some beers or red wine around the campfire! 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks, K! You know, my Florida friend absolutely loves Vegas, likes to gamble a bit. I'm not a gambler, there are a bunch of campgrounds nearby plus I want to see Lake Mead. I can see some beers or red wine around the campfire! 

That's the best part about Vegas...you don't have to gamble. So much food, so many shows, so many alternative things to do besides gamble. 

Heck one of the reasons I love Vegas is just everyone being in the festive mood everyday. I am planning on renting an exotic car when we go this year and taking it out to the desert highway... 

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Lake Mead isn't like it was in the Tommy & Pam video...lol, at full.

It's more like a pond now.  Just a heads up. 

23 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The store got thumped by a hailstorm yesterday.  I'd say about 60% of our inventory is affected.

Where you at?  Baseball-sized hail was anticipated for yesterday's storm that went through Oklahoma.  Popcorn-beasts.  Thems storms that just appear in a centralized area and go ass-mode on you.  Totally whiffed us.  One to the north, one to the south.  Dodgin' bullets out here.

tenor.gif

Archived