Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carrie Fisher Returning For STAR WARS EPISODE VII

steveo21

http://badassdigest.com/2013/03/05/carrie-fisher-returning-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

Carrie Fisher was recently hospitalized for a bipolar episode, forcing her to cancel out as keynote speaker at a Florida fundraiser. Before that kerfuffle, though, she gave an interview to Palm Beacn Illustrated, who ran the interview even though Fisher's mom, Debbie Reynolds, replaced her as speaker. During the course of the talk the interviewer asked if she would be returning as Princess Leia in Star Wars Episode VII, and Fisher bluntly said "Yes."

The follow-up question: what is Princess Leia like now?

Elderly. She's in an intergalactic old folks' home [laughs]. I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.:beavisnbutthead:

This just sound like it's going to be awful.

I don't think Disney paid 2 billion dollars to make awful movies. I'm very optimistic.... Why would anybody ask Carie Fisher about playing Princess Leia again? That's basically the only role she's ever had, I'm sure she's been up for playing Princess Leia again for 3 decades. I hope they can get R2D2 again, I hear he's done very well as a day trader and might not be available for future acting roles.

She will probably play the motherly role in this movie as I am guessing that it will end up being about her (and Han Solo's) kids. I think that I heard Mark Hammil say that he was going to be in it as an elder uncle (like OBi Wan in the originals). I guess the real question is what they will do (if anything) with Harrison Ford?

I don't think Disney paid 2 billion dollars to make awful movies. I'm very optimistic.... Why would anybody ask Carie Fisher about playing Princess Leia again? That's basically the only role she's ever had, I'm sure she's been up for playing Princess Leia again for 3 decades. I hope they can get R2D2 again, I hear he's done very well as a day trader and might not be available for future acting roles.

Disney paid 2 billion dollars to sell a bunch of toys and merch that'll go along with an awful movie. Star Wars junkies will go see it no matter what. It'll do well at the box office, but that doesn't mean they'll be good.

Disney paid 2 billion dollars to sell a bunch of toys and merch that'll go along with an awful movie. Star Wars junkies will go see it no matter what. It'll do well at the box office, but that doesn't mean they'll be good.

I'm holding out some hope just because Disney has actually done pretty well by Marvel. Carrie getting a cameo is cool to me. Neither she nor Mark should have a significant role unless Mark becomes Yoda/Ben.

As for the careers, Carrie had an interesting career as a supporting actress after Star Wars. Not shabby, not great. She wasn't the beauty that really could headline movies and she really was too short to take on the Sigornea Weaver tough gal roles. Mark, primarily because of that horrific accident, wound up with a really nice voice over career, and Harrison was obviously the major star of the bunch.

I'm holding out some hope just because Disney has actually done pretty well by Marvel. Carrie getting a cameo is cool to me. Neither she nor Mark should have a significant role unless Mark becomes Yoda/Ben.

As for the careers, Carrie had an interesting career as a supporting actress after Star Wars. Not shabby, not great. She wasn't the beauty that really could headline movies and she really was too short to take on the Sigornea Weaver tough gal roles. Mark, primarily because of that horrific accident, wound up with a really nice voice over career, and Harrison was obviously the major star of the bunch.

I do believe her massive coke habit had something to do with her career never really taking off, though.

No matter how many times Lucy puts down this football, I'm always going to head at it full steam.

I can watch IV and V over and over. The rest of them are godawful messes. But, I saw them all in the theatre, so............

No matter how many times Lucy puts down this football, I'm always going to head at it full steam.

I can watch IV and V over and over. The rest of them are godawful messes. But, I saw them all in the theatre, so............

Exactly, and as bad as Ep 1-3 were, I already can't wait to purchase tix to a midnight showing.

It worked great for the newest Indiana Jones movie.

The difference is, Indiana Jones is based on one character where Star Wars is not. There's a lot more story in the Star Wars universe than in the Indiana Jones franchise.

I was just making a point about how bringing back horrible actors, for nostalgic reasons isn't going to improve anything.

As long as the story is good, the acting really doesn't matter all that much. Did anyone really care that Hamill and Fisher wasn't the greatest actors in the original trilogy? It's Star Wars, not The Godfather.

Archived