Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BUZZFEE: Applebee's Server Gets Stiffed By Pastor Who Gave Her Tip To God, Promptly Gets Fired By Applebee's

DisplacedRedskinsFan

enhanced-buzz-8112-1359653966-2.jpg

Here comes the story of one woman, actually a pastor whose snide musings on an

Applebee’s food receipt (‘I give god 10% why do you get 18) has escalated with the firing of the server who decided to post the snide remark on social media outlet reddit.

The server’s dismissal came after Pastor Alois Bell was mortified that her musings had suddenly gone viral on the web and in fact she had originally called the establishment to demand everyone involved be fired.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/applebees-server-fired-for-complaining-about-cust

Terrible mentality on the pastor's part. Applebee's comes off looking awful for firing their employee, but I get that they had to since the receipt with signature was posted on the internet on a popular site.

Waitress ultimately is fortunate she no longer is working at an Applebee's. People make waiting jobs miserable, so do managers, most of whom are jerks with how they treat employees, despite waiting tables themselves at one point. Tipping needs to just end in the food industry and go to reasonable salaries that people who work hard can stop getting screwed over by people like the pastor. What a loser! Deserves the shame.

1- responding to being exposed as a douchebag on the internet by being an even bigger dbag is like trying to put out that kitchen fire with a bag of dynamite. Nicely done pastor cheap ass.

2- complaining about a tip is a sure way to get fired and reddit imgur stopped being a small Internet community ages ago. Might as well publish it in the New York Times.

3- Applebee's sucks.

Maybe someone should explain to the idiot that 10% of ALL YOUR EARNINGS is a bit different than 18% of your dinner check.

Cheap ****. Too stuck up his own ass to know any better.

These are the kind of people that would do well with a case of sinus cancer.

~Bang

It's too bad that some will view this as a reflection on pastors in general.

No offense, but church people and black women (look at the pastor's photo) are notorious in the waiting business as some of the absolute worst tippers.

Years ago waiting tables, on Sundays there was almost always some church goer who would tip with a Jesus pamphlet instead of actual cash.

That being said, there are things to legitimately discuss and be concerned about with this story and the reflection on pastors in general isn't one of them. How about throwing some concern the waitress' way?

How about throwing some concern the waitress' way?

Apparently, the waitress that got stiffed is not the one that got fired. It was a different waitress who uploaded the picture.

The Smoking Gun article linked in that story has more details about the pastor, too. Apparently she heads up a 15 person church and has written a booklet about spiritual life with frequent references to junk food.

No offense, but church people and black women (look at the pastor's photo) are notorious in the waiting business as some of the absolute worst tippers.

Years ago waiting tables, on Sundays there was almost always some church goer who would tip with a Jesus pamphlet instead of actual cash.

That being said, there are things to legitimately discuss and be concerned about with this story and the reflection on pastors in general isn't one of them. How about throwing some concern the waitress' way?

I used to work at a cracker barrel and boy were sundays ever the worst day to work. I would get a huge black church group who would spend well over $100 and get a couple $1 bills as tip. These people usually weren't very courteous either, they were always really needy and complained about every little thing. I once had a steak sent back 3 times because once it was too salty, the next time it wasn't salty enough, and the 3rd time it just "didn't taste good". I just find it so strange that the churchgoers would usually be the most rude and tip the least. Not very christian like

I used to work at a cracker barrel and boy were sundays ever the worst day to work. I would get a huge black church group who would spend well over $100 and get a couple $1 bills as tip. These people usually weren't very courteous either, they were always really needy and complained about every little thing. I once had a steak sent back 3 times because once it was too salty, the next time it wasn't salty enough, and the 3rd time it just "didn't taste good". I just find it so strange that the churchgoers would usually be the most rude and tip the least. Not very christian like

Sad. I always tip extra on Sundays. If anything, just for working on a weekend afternoon.

Also, what the HECK is this woman's problem? "I'm a PASTOR, so you get ZERO money! Yeah! Suck it!"

I just... don't even...?

Interesting. I have a friend who swears that the worst tippers are doctors.

Anyhow, what a jerk. And I guess I understand why Applebee's fired the waitress who posted the thing, but it's kind of sad that they are such wusses.

And shame on everyone for going into an Applebees in the first place. :ols:

Interesting. I have a friend who swears that the worst tippers are doctors.

Anyhow, what a jerk. And I guess I understand why Applebee's fired the waitress who posted the thing, but it's kind of sad that they are such wusses.

And shame on everyone for going into an Applebees in the first place. :ols:

C'mon, man. You know when you live in a dead end town, Applebee's is fine dining. :pfft:

C'mon, man. You know when you live in a dead end town, Applebee's is fine dining. :pfft:

Even in a dead end town there are local places. Applebees is reheated frozen junk with a model airplane hanging from the ceiling.

I'd rather go to Olive Garden

*hides from zoony*

Even in a dead end town there are local places. Applebees is reheated frozen junk with a model airplane hanging from the ceiling.

I'd rather go to Olive Garden

*hides from zoony*

Oh lawdy, now you done did it.

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 10:33 PM ----------

/r/atheism? Yeah, I'll take a pass. :pfft:

Terrible mentality on the pastor's part. Applebee's comes off looking awful for firing their employee, but I get that they had to since the receipt with signature was posted on the internet on a popular site.

Waitress ultimately is fortunate she no longer is working at an Applebee's. People make waiting jobs miserable, so do managers, most of whom are jerks with how they treat employees, despite waiting tables themselves at one point. Tipping needs to just end in the food industry and go to reasonable salaries that people who work hard can stop getting screwed over by people like the pastor. What a loser! Deserves the shame.

While I agree with you, itll never happen. If chains were to start paying their wait staff salaries, then the price of each meal would no doubt go up a few bucks, which will then turn away customers. The corporations unfortunately wouldn't threaten their bottom line for the welfare of their lowest employees.

Archived