Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just confirmed - lower bowl ticket prices will increase this year

LCA77

As we all expected, I just confirmed with a friend who works at the ticket office that lower bowl tickets will be going up in 2013. I was specifically told "lower bowl ticket prices will increase" but did not get a reference as to what will happen with the upper level seats. I wasn't told what the new prices will be but was also told that the invoices should be coming out any day now. Just what we all expected after a playoff season I guess.

If this specifically is already in a thread somewhere I apologize, but I searched and didn't see one.

------------

ES Staff edit:

Parking is going up $5 too.

See press release here: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?379247-Just-confirmed-lower-bowl-ticket-prices-will-increase-this-year&p=9415821&viewfull=1#post9415821

PRESS RELEASE

NFC EAST CHAMPION REDSKINS REMAIN AMONG THE MOST AFFORDABLE TICKET IN THE NFC EAST

Redskins’ fans can now renew tickets for 2013

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The 2012 NFC East Champion Redskins announced today that 2013 tickets will remain among the most affordable in the division. Fans can renew tickets for 2013 season beginning Monday, Feb. 4.

Redskins Pro Bowlers Robert Griffin III, Trent Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Ryan Kerrigan and London Fletcher along with stars Alfred Morris and Pierre Garçon, will defend their NFC East title against a home schedule that features marquee matchups against NFC East divisional rivals, as well as historical powers like the San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears.

Fans will be treated to a number of upgrades to FedExField in 2013, including parking and public safety initiatives as part of the Redskins commitment to create a safe and enjoyable fan experience both inside the stadium and in the parking lots.

To enhance the game day experience over the past three years, the Redskins have also installed 100-foot long HD video boards, eight digital ribbon boards and the NFL’s largest video wall, in addition to multiple electric vehicle charging stations, Club Level Party Decks, Executive Suites and a text message alert system.

General Admission ticket prices have increased for the first time in seven seasons, with most seats going up no more than 10 percent. Even with the increase for the 2013 season, tickets remain among the most affordable in the NFC East.

Car parking has also increased for the first time in seven seasons and is $40. Reserved spaces, bus/RV and limo pass prices are unchanged for 2013.

Redskins’ season ticketholders also enjoy the best seats, as well as right of first refusal, to events held at FedExField such as the Kenny Chesney “No Shoes Nation Tour” on Saturday, May 25.

For more information about 2013 season ticket renewals or the upcoming season, visit www.redskins.com.

i like the statement that we remain one of the most affordable in the division. there are only 4 teams so i guess we are in the middle two lol!

Yeah, I noticed that, too. :ols:

That's like a car mechanic advertising that he has the lowest prices in town, when he is the only mechanic in town. :ols:

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

January 31, 2013

NFC EAST CHAMPION REDSKINS REMAIN AMONG THE

MOST AFFORDABLE TICKET IN THE NFC EAST

Redskins’ fans can now renew tickets for 2013 season

EASY TWEET: #Redskins fans can now renew tickets for 2013 season in which the team will defend their 2012 NFC East title

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The 2012 NFC East Champion Redskins announced today that 2013 tickets will remain among the most affordable in the division. Fans can renew tickets for 2013 season beginning Monday, Feb. 4.

Redskins Pro Bowlers Robert Griffin III, Trent Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Ryan Kerrigan and London Fletcher along with stars Alfred Morris and Pierre Garçon, will defend their NFC East title against a home schedule that features marquee matchups against NFC East divisional rivals, as well as historical powers like the San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears.

Fans will be treated to a number of upgrades to FedExField in 2013, including parking and public safety initiatives as part of the Redskins commitment to create a safe and enjoyable fan experience both inside the stadium and in the parking lots.

To enhance the game day experience over the past three years, the Redskins have also installed 100-foot long HD video boards, eight digital ribbon boards and the NFL’s largest video wall, in addition to multiple electric vehicle charging stations, Club Level Party Decks, Executive Suites and a text message alert system.

General Admission ticket prices have increased for the first time in seven seasons, with most seats going up no more than 10 percent. Even with the increase for the 2013 season, tickets remain among the most affordable in the NFC East.

Car parking has also increased for the first time in seven seasons and is $40. Reserved spaces, bus/RV and limo pass prices are unchanged for 2013.

Redskins’ season ticketholders also enjoy the best seats, as well as right of first refusal, to events held at FedExField such as the Kenny Chesney “No Shoes Nation Tour” on Saturday, May 25.

For more information about 2013 season ticket renewals or the upcoming season, visit www.redskins.com.

eshead9sjpg.jpg

I'd feel better about the price increase if it also came with an announcement that they are getting rid of the fictional waiting list, and instead issued a statement that to get the best seats you need to be a ST holder.

I think it would ultimately help the secondary market to:

1) do away with the false notion that every game starts as sold out (which I think discourages some casual fans from making plans to catch a game or two during the season); and

2) have the team post its (seemingly large) unsold inventory to each game on Ticketmaster starting in the summer. They could even do what the Nats do, and charge ST holders one price, and a second face price for single game. This would be instead of what they do now -- passing it through shell companies and friendly brokers straight onto StubHub at less-than-face prices in the weeks before the game.

If they regularized individual game sales so that people could first go to Ticketmaster, I think it might result in more individual game tickets sold earlier in the year. That would result in less team-controlled inventory in the period immediately prior to the game. THAT would result in higher secondary prices (as the team seems to drive downward price pressure by slashing prices on huge blocks of seats prior to the game). I think increased secondary prices would encourage increased season ticket sales, as folks would become more comfortable with the idea that if they can't go to a game, they can sell their tickets and not end up eating 70%+ of the cost of the tickets for that game.

10% really doesn't bother me too much, especially after 6 years with no increase. Then again, 10% per ticket x 10 games with payments beginning in March (or April, I can't recall which) does add up. Either way, we really can't complain about that. At least we didn't have to pay ridiculous PSL fees on top of this like many teams, so I'll take it.

So I guess we're talking lowers will be around $120 now? Not too bad......I said I wouldn't be surprised if it had gone to $150. Although if the Redskins keep winning, you have to wonder if Dan will do like Leonsis has by incrementally raising prices. Hasn't Ted raised prices numerous years in a row? Still, some will argue that incremental raises are better than when you get hit with a monster increase. I remember Abe Pollin raised lower bowl prices obscenely for the Wizards one year.

I guess parking hasn't been raised in a while either, so we'll deal with it, although there's still something that seems askew about having to pay $40 just to park your car at an event.

Archived