Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A 40 Year Old Virgin is loud and proud... Who's going to Fed Ex this weekend?

Burgold

Okay, with more than 40 years under my belt it's time to lose my playoff virginity. I took a deep breath and paid a slightly ridiculous amount for the opportunity to scream myself hoarse, high five strangers and friends, and tailgate with the famous and infamous in the Green Lot where ESers preside (and some like Pez and Huly may actually live year round).

Who else is going? Is this your first? If not, what was your first time like? Is it like any other game or are there more performances during the pre-game, halftime, etc.?

Looking forward to seeing many of you and representing the rest! HTTR :cheers:

Okay, with more than 40 years under my belt it's time to lose my playoff virginity. I took a deep breath and paid a slightly ridiculous amount for the opportunity to scream myself hoarse, high five strangers and friends, and tailgate with the famous and infamous in the Green Lot where ESers preside (and some like Pez and Huly may actually live year round).

Who else is going? Is this your first? If not, what was your first time like? Is it like any other game or are there more performances during the pre-game, halftime, etc.?

Looking forward to seeing many of you and representing the rest! HTTR :cheers:

Here from the UK and my first Redskin live game will be this Sunday :)

Whoooooooo

If I didn't work on Sunday I would have bought a ticket in the nosebleeds. Sure, I was at the game on Sunday but c'mon. It's a playoff game...technically a 2nd straight playoff game...8th straight for the team.

I am 0-8-1 going to DC playoff games and I'm going this weekend lol!

If you attend and we lose we're going to find where you live. :)

Went to the early 2000 game. Was in the club level and just remember watching the Bills-Titans game that preceded ours and started making our way to the seats thinking the Bills won and then seeing the Music City Miracle unfold on the TV monitors as we walked along.

When we go to our seats, there was some dude on the field who was trying to pump up the crowd by yelling "RED" and getting the fans to respond "SKINS!"

Fans were very loud at the start of the game. Skins took control early and Stephen Davis was running wild before getting injured. Up 27-0 at half, rest of the game was a coronation, with the main event in the second half being Tre Johnson getting into a scuffle with one of the Lions and getting tossed.

Went to the early 2000 game. Was in the club level and just remember watching the Bills-Titans game that preceded ours and started making our way to the seats thinking the Bills won and then seeing the Music City Miracle unfold on the TV monitors as we walked along.

I was also in Club level for that game and remember watching the end of Bills-Titans. It seemed like 90 percent of the people up there were rooting for the Bills and a lot of booing ensued following that play. I thought Mike Patrick's call on that was fantastic (and was one of the 10 percent happy that Tennessee had won LOL).

[quote name=hail2skins;9369721When we go to our seats' date=' there was some dude on the field who was trying to pump up the crowd by yelling "RED" and getting the fans to respond "SKINS!"

Fans were very loud at the start of the game. Skins took control early and Stephen Davis was running wild before getting injured. Up 27-0 at half, rest of the game was a coronation, with the main event in the second half being Tre Johnson getting into a scuffle with one of the Lions and getting tossed.[/quote]

It was pretty much a done deal early and secure the Lions' 20th consecutive loss out of 20 games played in Washington.

cheers

The last 3 games I have been to live are Nats game 3 and game 5 and Army/Navy(which is like a playoff game for me) The wrong team won every time...more than the cost of any ticket that is what is making me think twice about going to this game!

Burg- I'm popping my playoff cherry on Sunday right with ya! Hail, my friend! I'll be there around 9am to pre tailgate at the gates before they open, & then might stop by ES tailgate for a bit, but I'll be tailgating w/ Mark & crew most of the time. Before this year, I had never been to more than 2 games in the same season, and I'm fortunate enough that this will by my 6th game this year! Can't wait!

Burg- I'm popping my playoff cherry on Sunday right with ya! Hail, my friend! I'll be there around 9am to pre tailgate at the gates before they open, & then might stop by ES tailgate for a bit, but I'll be tailgating w/ Mark & crew most of the time. Before this year, I had never been to more than 2 games in the same season, and I'm fortunate enough that this will by my 6th game this year! Can't wait!

You chose the right season to go to six. I usually try to go to two a year and for some reason this year I only made it to one. Seems fare wanted me to see another :D

Tie? DC United Aggregate scoring?

This is my first Redskins playoff game. I am very excited. Obviously I am rooting for us and the Vikings to both go on 2 game winning streaks over the next two weeks.

Guest Spearfeather
I'd chop off my left nut to go to this game.

You ever notice, it's always the left one that get's offered up ..... Why is that?

My first playoff game as well.

CAN"T WAIT !

Section 233. If anyone's nearby ... Give me a shout !

You ever notice, it's always the left one that get's offered up ..... Why is that?

My first playoff game as well.

CAN"T WAIT !

Section 233. If anyone's nearby ... Give me a shout !

A lot of the fun in the game is at the Tailgate. Drop by and party with friends you've never met!

You chose the right season to go to six. I usually try to go to two a year and for some reason this year I only made it to one. Seems fare wanted me to see another :D

Picked one heck of a year to move to Virginia and live in the DMV for the first time in my life. My first football experiences were in Germany as an army brat, so I've been one of those "never been to DC" lifelong fans since I was 7. Made my first game when I was 29. Made at least one game per year living all over the country since, but picked one HELL of a year to be close enough to be a regular.

You lucky bum!

I've never been to a football playoff game, much less a Redskins playoff game. I hope you have the time of your life! And of course I hope our Redskins give all the fans in attendance a win for you all to remember forever :)

You better scream so loudly you can't interview anyone for at least 3 days...that's an order! ;)

Archived