Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Start Kirk Cousins this week vs Browns

End2round2sanders

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's why:

It's Cleveland. Yes they have a stingy defense, but if this team wants to make it to the playoffs they have to pull this one out without Bob Griff. Let him rest. Also this could be a great audition for Kirk for other teams. Mike and Mike said this mourning they can name 4 teams right off the bat that could easily use Kirk's talents. If he puts up huge numbers in a winning effort, we could end up with the opportunity to replenish the draft picks in a **Matt Flynn type deal that we lost trying to getting Bob. Well not all of them, but some of them. Honestly I think Kirk will start anyway

I really want to see what this kid can do in a full game.

**EDIT: Sorry about the Flynn reference, he was not traded to Seattle my mistake*

No way. Sorry, but I enjoy the idea of having Cousins as our backup instead of Grossman. I didn't vote either. I'm more undecided really. RG3 should only play if he feels close to 100%. I know he won't be exactly 100% a week after a sprain. I'm cool with Kirk getting the start if needed, but only if RG3 seriously can't go.

Here's why:

It's Cleveland. Yes they have a stingy defense, but if this team wants to make it to the playoffs they have to pull this one out without Bob Griff. Let him rest. Also this could be a great audition for Kirk for other teams. Mike and Mike said this mourning they can name 4 teams right off the bat that could easily use Kirk's talents. If he puts up huge numbers in a winning effort, we could end up with the opportunity to replenish the draft picks in a Matt Flynn type deal that we lost trying to getting Bob. Well not all of them, but some of them. Honestly I think Kirk will start anyway

We have a very real shot at making the playoffs and you don't hinge something like that on some sort of Kirk Cousins evaluation day. We need our best and he isn't it. If he was our best he would have been the #2 overall pick and a current candidate for rookie of the year. He's a backup QB, with talent yes, but unless RG3 is injured to the point where he can't play, I don't see why you would hinge your entire season on the bet that he'll play a nice game. I think he would, he's a good young QB who will only get better, but you don't test him out for the first time during a run at the post season unless you have no other alternative.

The media may be blowing it out of proportion and Shanny staying coy, but in the end a grade 1 sprain is NOT very serious. Basically means less than 10% of the fibers in the LCL are damaged and you can engage in strength exercises within a couple days. Couple this with the fact that A) He is a professional athlete B) Is young C) Has a world-renown Doctor looking after him D) Has a staff and facility at his disposal for the best possible treatment.......i think RGIII will be starting and will play fine.

Have the medical crew clear RGIII for practice when he's ready. See what he can do in practice.

If Griffin is able to go near full speed in practice, then he should play. If he isn't sit him.

I didn't vote in the poll because we don't know exactly what RGIII is capable of yet.

One thing I would say though is that this week might be the week to run some more traditional pass and run plays, but to also run the hurry up. Go out in the 1st half and put up 3 or 4 TDs, and build up a 2+ TD lead. Really just pile on. Then at half-time let Cousins take over, and only put RGIII back in if they fight to within a TD.

I think one thing needs to be established before there can even be an argument to sit him this week if he's healthy:

Is the fact that he has a sprained LCL make him more susceptible to injury?

Because if it doesn't than sitting him makes no sense. Has a doctor said anything about this?

Here's why:

It's Cleveland. Yes they have a stingy defense, but if this team wants to make it to the playoffs they have to pull this one out without Bob Griff. Let him rest. Also this could be a great audition for Kirk for other teams. Mike and Mike said this mourning they can name 4 teams right off the bat that could easily use Kirk's talents. If he puts up huge numbers in a winning effort, we could end up with the opportunity to replenish the draft picks in a Matt Flynn type deal that we lost trying to getting Bob. Well not all of them, but some of them. Honestly I think Kirk will start anyway

What Matt Flynn type of deal? He was never dealt, he just walked away in free agency.

We should let Griff decide what he wants to do and if he feels like he can go then he should.

We have a very real shot at making the playoffs and you don't hinge something like that on some sort of Kirk Cousins evaluation day. We need our best and he isn't it. If he was our best he would have been the #2 overall pick and a current candidate for rookie of the year. He's a backup QB, with talent yes, but unless RG3 is injured to the point where he can't play, I don't see why you would hinge your entire season on the bet that he'll play a nice game. I think he would, he's a good young QB who will only get better, but you don't test him out for the first time during a run at the post season unless you have no other alternative.

this!!

We've got A LOT invested in Robby. We weren't even expecting to have sniffed the playoffs at this point 4 weeks back. We as a fan base need to be A LITTLE more patient. I say sit Bobby, even though it might kill our playoff chances - worst case is we lose, don't make the playoffs, and get a better 2nd round pick out of it.

And this "Play Kirk so we can audition him to be traded...." talk is freakin bat ****in crazy ass talk. WE HAVE an excellent Backup, we NEED one to make this team work. Put down the pipe guys.

HAIL :logo:

We have a very real shot at making the playoffs and you don't hinge something like that on some sort of Kirk Cousins evaluation day.

You also have to think long-term. There is pretty much no way RG3 will be back to 100% by Sunday, after the way he looked yesterday. I've had injured knees, I know what that's like. If you're not 100% healed, you are at MUCH greater risk of injuring the knee further. Maybe doing serious damage.

You want RG3 to be the franchise for years to come, I think the prudent move is to rest him this week, even if they were playing somebody good (which they are not). Look what the Nats did with Strasburg. You have to think big picture with an investment like RG3. It's a tough call but it's the smart call.

Archived