Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best TV series on Cable

rictus58

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Wire was the best show to ever air on cable. I just finished watching Season 4 episode 1 just now. Wow.

The beauty of the Wire is it's frank portrayal of city life in Baltimore. From the problems of school in the Baltimore education system, to the kids just trying to live their life in the city, to the problems of drug trade, to the issues with police and politics, the Wire delves into all these issues while keeping you interested.

While The Wire was my second favorite series of all time, I've gotta go with Sopranos man. it was just too damn good. James Gandolfini is the ****ing man.

Though its still a relatively young show, "Shameless" on Showtime is my current favorite. Boardwalk Empire with Buscemi and The Big C with Laura Linney is also really, really good.

People keep telling me I need to get hip to Breaking Bad and Dexter. I'm a TV junkie, but somehow I missed the bus for these two apparently amazing shows. Guess I'll have to breakdown and have a marathon weekend sometime.

Any love for LOST on here? Probably the best show I've ever expreienced. Not watched, experienced.

Is this supposed to be for all time or just the last few years. The poll seems severely slanted towards current shows.

Anyways, maybe a dark horse pick, but a show I just couldnt get enough of.....24. Probably the only show I watched front to back in its entirety

I think South Park is the one for me. Most unique, most ground-breaking, most memorable. They've also been consistently very good for ~15 seasons now.

It is a bit apples-to-oranges to compare SP to the others on the list. Among live-action shows, I'd go with Game of Thrones, but admit that I haven't seen some on the list.

Is this supposed to be for all time or just the last few years. The poll seems severely slanted towards current shows.

Anyways, maybe a dark horse pick, but a show I just couldnt get enough of.....24. Probably the only show I watched front to back in its entirety

All time. Though, 24 was never a cable series.

And yes, it is slanted towards more recent shows, but I didn't feel the Larry Sanders show or Dream on were worthy of included.

It's really only been in the past 10-15 years cable channels pumped lots of money into original programming.

Honorable mention for "Shameless" on Showtime. Show is funny and the family dynamic is just plain crazy!!!

just saw the preview for next season, it looks frikkin' hilarious. Good ol' Frank Gallagher. :ols:

And Emmy Rossum is so damn sexy...and she goes nudie so often. That's one thing that premium channel shows will always have over network and regular cable shows. Birthday suits. :)

I love a ton of cable shows. Cable shows are where it's at. Right now I'm watching "The Walking Dead", "Sons of Anarchy", "Dexter", and "Boardwalk Empire". It's hard for me to pick the best because there are so many good shows. There were some underrated cable shows that I thought were awesome, but I don't see get talked about a lot, like the HBO show "Carnivale".

Any love for LOST on here? Probably the best show I've ever expreienced. Not watched, experienced.

Some of you have a very odd definition of "cable".

I love a ton of cable shows. Cable shows are where it's at. Right now I'm watching "The Walking Dead", "Sons of Anarchy", "Dexter", and "Boardwalk Empire". It's hard for me to pick the best because there are so many good shows. There were some underrated cable shows that I thought were awesome, but I don't see get talked about a lot, like the HBO show "Carnivale".

And Rome. which was cut short due to it's expensive ass production costs.

The best series currently on is Breaking Bad. Followed closely by Walking dead, Mad Men and Homeland.

Of all time, I would say Sopranos, though I picked Breaking Bad b/c I didnt see Sopranos.

Never seen the Wire so, I cant comment but I have never heard one person quote the Wire and have heard a million people reference Sopranos.

I didn't see Sopranos. The title of thread made me assume it was current shows, and I immediately went for Breaking Bad. I hear the Wire was amazing, so I'll watch it eventually. Had I known it was all time and seen the option, I likely would have gone with Sopranos.

Thread title should be "best cable tv series ever."

Half these shows aren't on the air anymore.

For shows that are over - Wire followed by The Sopranos closely.

For shows still on - Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

Most overrated - Walking Dead

Should be listed: Homeland

It's nice to see that you finally realize the truth

Wire > Sopranos

Archived