Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best TV series on Cable

rictus58

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why are their only dramas and South Park listed and some of those dramas are over? Of the ones listed, Mad Men is appointment TV for me. But Big Bang Theory has renewed my interest in sit-coms and Family Guy is better than South Park. I also just recently caught up on Guys with Kids over the Christmas break.

There is no way you can say that with a straight face.

There is no way you can say that with a straight face.

Yet, I did...

I think South Park jumped the shark once BASEketball came out. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been mailing it in for years, especially now after Book of Mormon (Monumentally hilarious). To be fair, I don't watch a ton of Family Guy anymore either, which really is an amalgamation of the Simpsons and South Park.

By the way...Apparently the guy who played Elder Cunningham in Book of Mormon (Also played the keyboard player in The Rocker with Emma Stone and Rainn Wilson) is in 1600 Penn. That alone will make me give it a chance.

The Wire Season 4 may be the best season of television in the history of cable television.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 11:03 AM ----------

And as someone who watches both, South Park is better than Family Guy. Family Guy jokes are getting either too long, or too stupid. American Dad passed Family Guy a long time ago. That's where the comedy is.

The Wire Season 4 may be the best season of television in the history of cable television.

A friend and I were talking about this just the another night. We both agree season 4 is truly awesome television.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 11:04 AM ----------

A friend and I were talking about this just the another night. We both agree season 4 is truly awesome television.

Why are their only dramas and South Park listed and some of those dramas are over? Of the ones listed, Mad Men is appointment TV for me. But Big Bang Theory has renewed my interest in sit-coms and Family Guy is better than South Park. I also just recently caught up on Guys with Kids over the Christmas break.

Well,

I picked from the best of the Cable shows IMO. Family Guy isn't a cable show. It's a network TV show.

Well,

I picked from the best of the Cable shows IMO. Family Guy isn't a cable show. It's a network TV show.

I'm cool with that...That said, I think a lot of quality entertainment was missed (i.e. Rescue Me, The Shield, Daily Show, etc.). Plus the only reason Fox brought back The Family guy is because the ratings it got on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network). but C'est la Vie...

Yet, I did...

I think South Park jumped the shark once BASEketball came out. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been mailing it in for years, especially now after Book of Mormon (Monumentally hilarious). To be fair, I don't watch a ton of Family Guy anymore either, which really is an amalgamation of the Simpsons and South Park.

By the way...Apparently the guy who played Elder Cunningham in Book of Mormon (Also played the keyboard player in The Rocker with Emma Stone and Rainn Wilson) is in 1600 Penn. That alone will make me give it a chance.

Familky Guy has 3 great season (S1-S3), 1 good season (S4) and a bunch of crap after (everything after). South Park maintained a high level much longer even if now they just parody current events. And it goes without saying that The Simpsons in its prime (the 90s) was better than either have ever been.

are they slow? alot of action, police focused? present-time?

I wouldnt say either is slow. Both are police focused, especially Breaking Bad, the main chars bro-in-law is a DEA agent. SoA, they are outlaws running guns and ****, so the police/FBI are involved along with rival gangs, cartels, etc. I'd say both are in the present time.

Breaking Bad is a slow burn but was pretty much always entertaining. It's quite a bit better than the shows you listed so I can't imagine that you wouldn't like it.

Sons of Anarchy is not as good but has more action.

I've yet to meet someone who isn't hooked on Breaking Bad after watching the first 8 episode season. Some of the best TV, ever.

I can't believe you left out SoA! Blasphemy.... But SoA and Breaking Bad are the best of all time EVER ;)

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 12:16 AM ----------

After you watch SoA all other series become or seem to be slow. Watch SoA you will love it, but give it a episode or two and after that WOW. Breaking Bad is also great has to be one of the best of all time.

I can't believe you left out SoA! Blasphemy.... But SoA and Breaking Bad are the best of all time EVER ;)

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 12:16 AM ----------

After you watch SoA all other series become or seem to be slow. Watch SoA you will love it, but give it a episode or two and after that WOW. Breaking Bad is also great has to be one of the best of all time.

Shocked that you'd put SoA above Breaking Bad or even on the same tier.

I love SoA, but honestly it plays out way too much like a male soap opera a lot of the time.

Shocked that you'd put SoA above Breaking Bad or even on the same tier.

I love SoA, but honestly it plays out way too much like a male soap opera a lot of the time.

Ya I have to say that BB edges SoA but SoA is right up there with it IMO. I didn't mean to hype up SoA more than BB haha. Both are great.

finished watching homeland and it truly did jump the shark. Too much romance between Brody and Carrie.

Even if you ignore that . . .

SPOILER

Assassinating the VPOTUS wirelessly through his pacemaker? Carrie running back into a warehouse after an armed Nazir with just a pipe while screaming? The horror movie scene with Nazir stalking Carrie?

All LOL crap that helped to completely ruin the show.

Archived