Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Pat Robertson challenges creationism

PeterMP

“You go back in time, you've got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things, and you've got the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas,” Robertson said. “They're out there. So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth, and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don't try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That's not the Bible.”

Before answering the question, Robertson acknowledged the statement was controversial by saying, “I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this.”

“If you fight science, you are going to lose your children, and I believe in telling them the way it was,” Robertson concluded.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/29/pat-robertson-challenges-creationism/?hpt=hp_c2

Consider me shocked.

“You go back in time, you've got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things, and you've got the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas,” Robertson said. “They're out there. So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth, and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don't try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That's not the Bible.”

Before answering the question, Robertson acknowledged the statement was controversial by saying, “I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this.”

“If you fight science, you are going to lose your children, and I believe in telling them the way it was,” Robertson concluded.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/29/pat-robertson-challenges-creationism/?hpt=hp_c2

Consider me shocked.

Shocked? Hell, I don't think my jaw's coming off the floor for at least another 5 or 10 minutes.

Why are people so interested in telling others what to believe or what the truth ACTUALLY is when no one really knows? I don't consider myself to be religious however it's not my place to tell someone who is that they're wrong.

If you have information that I am wrong about something, please share it. That is how the thing is supposed to work. It is your moral obligation to tell me about it.

If somebody is making a mistake, and you know it, but you refuse to help them, you are acting immorally.

If you have information that I am wrong about something, please share it. That is how the thing is supposed to work. It is your moral obligation to tell me about it.

If somebody is making a mistake, and you know it, but you refuse to help them, you are acting immorally.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand why someone spends there day worrying about other peoples beliefs? The fact that you think someone believing in God is immoral is your own problem not mine.

I think they've been told, over and over again. Just like my militant atheist friends like to point out about the 'overall' writings and inconsistencies.

At some point you have to stop stepping up on the soapbox. It will ruin your health and happiness along with those around you.

Merry Christmas.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand why someone spends there day worrying about other peoples beliefs? The fact that you think someone believing in God is immoral is your own problem not mine.

Immoral part is seeing somebody make a mistake and not doing anything about it.

Why are people so interested in telling others what to believe or what the truth ACTUALLY is when no one really knows? I don't consider myself to be religious however it's not my place to tell someone who is that they're wrong.

THE TRUTH IS WE DO KNOW. The only ones who are arguing are doing so because they are ignorant of science and being mislead by pseudo-religious teachings that are not in the bible.

That's completely possible Dan lol. If so I apologize Alexey...

It's all good... I asked you to tell me if you disagree with me, and you did :) Having a conversation with misunderstandings is generally better than not having a conversation at all.

THE TRUTH IS WE DO KNOW. The only ones who are arguing are doing so because they are ignorant of science and being mislead by pseudo-religious teachings that are not in the bible.

Actually they argue from a position of strict literalism in scripture and value that foremost and determine truth just from that

I've known many well versed in science,and a lack of knowledge of science is not the reason

Believing in god has nothing to do with creationism. Creationism is not in the bible. It's a made up fake science. PERIOD.

THAT is the truth. And speaking the truth is not wrong. (Good on Robertson)

I like my belief in both...God said, "Bang", and we have EVOLVED from there. I know it may be a little unorthodox, but it's what gets me through.

Believing in god has nothing to do with creationism. Creationism is not in the bible. It's a made up fake science. PERIOD.

THAT is the truth. And speaking the truth is not wrong. (Good on Robertson)

Again, don't run too far with Robertson's statements, the only thing he actually denied in the video was "Young Earth Creationism", I highly doubt this is a full throated appeal to Darwinism.

I'd like to hear what he tells his kids etc about "the way it was" whether it was God directed evolution or humanity planted in an already old earth.

That would be more enlightening than what was given, even more options than those

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

Oh no they don't!! They say they do, but strict literalism between Genesis 1 and 2 does NOT result in the current Creationist doctrine.

But science is not the issue there and is immaterial to their argument

Archived