Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Eagles Prediction Thread: A New Beginning

skins island connection

Week 11 is here. The Washington Redskins and their coaches have survived the gauntlet of scrutiny from the fans, some calling for changes while others are calling for coach's heads.

The Philadelphia Eagles limp into town, with a matching record and many problems of their own. Michael Vick suffered a concussion and will not likely play, so the keys to the QB job are handed to Nick Foles, a rookie who played ok vs the Cowboys, but with a patchwork o-line [ sound familiar? ] eventually was too much to overcome. Their HC Andy Reid, although a coach of a division rival, is a class guy who has suffered through personal problems as well as team problems, and fans are throwing wood on his bonfire of job security.

The Redskins on the other hand have their own issues, mostly on defense. Their inability to stop anyone through the air has fans frustrated and calling for their own DCs head. RGIII and Morris, 2 very bright beams of light, appear to be carrying the team as of late, with receivers having issues dropping passes and running routes properly the weight of the team falls mostly upon these 2.

Look for a dogfight of a game! Both teams hate each other, it will be a physical game, with a Redskins front 4 that cannot get QB pressure vs an Eagles o-line which cannot stop anyone, this will prove to be a very interesting and exciting game to watch.

In the end,

Redskins 37

Eagles 33

Michael Vick suffered a concussion and will not likely play......Look for a dogfight of a game!

These two statements don't go with each other :)

Foles looked "ok" on Sunday.......can't say he inspired a lot of confidence, and if he is the QB, don't think he'll be able to generate a lot even against our sorry defense. I'm looking for the Skins offense to come back as well.

If Foles plays: Skins 30 Eagles 17.

If Vick plays: Eagles 59.......nah.......Skins 30 Eagles 24.

I'm going to pour myself a huge glass of homerism this week. I know very well though that, like a battered spouse who keeps coming back for more, I'm simply setting myself up for another heart-wrenching let down.

Redskins 33

Fecals 31

I think alot of people will be pouring a big gulp glass of homerism along with double shots of optimism, except for the fans in N.Y. who are banned from any large drinks...:silly:

Rookie QB == the Skins are if I recall 0-8 since 2006 or something like that

Home game in Nov/Dec == Shanny has never won one.

Redskins favorites -- doesn't seem that things go well when we are favorites

The more desperate team -- actually IMO its the Eagles -- as tough as it been during the bye week, things have imploded in Philly even worse.

To me all of this doesn't add well to the Redskins. Eagles 27-Redskins 20.

Fans of the losing team will really be foaming at the mouth. I hate to say it, but reality makes me feel like it'll be us. We seem to be exactly what other teams need to right their own ships, even if only for our week.

BUT, blind homerism allows me to predict a 10+ point win for us! Yay!

Good Guys - 31

Bad Guys - 21

I've got a good feeling about the Skins producing in this game. The Skins defense will not be great, but the Eagles offense will not be in synch enough to take full advantage. The Skins receiving corps will hang onto enough passes to keep the chains moving.

Psychologically, the Eagles are not going to get healthy on the Skins with a win -- because it's already too late for Philly to get 'healthy.' I suspect lot of Eagles figure Reid's tenure is over, and consequently some may be going through the motions to make sure they are healthy enough to figure into the next Eagles coach's rebuilding plans. Shanahan seems more entrenched here -- so Skins players need to show effort to keep impressing their current coach.

Both teams seem penalty-prone. I suspect the Skins might show more improvement this week than the Eagles, especially since they are playing at home.

Prediction: Skins win 23-21

I don't think it is going to be that close ... and this is with a great deal of homer ism... but

The eagles have very little to play for ... thier coaches are likley gone next year .. many of them are on the cutting block .. The team is a bunch of overpaid stars that have failed to come together in the good times .. i doubt they come balling this week .. They are weak against the run and have an undisciplined pass rush that leaves gaping holes in the play action ..

On offense Foles looked good in the same way Cousins looked good ... a rookie in over his head .. i would not be that confident in him as a starter at this point in his career ,,,

my prediction 27-10

I'm predicting a win Sunday because I can't fathom the Shanny era ending so soon.....and if they lose this Sunday, to THIS team, with THAT QB, AT HOME, then honestly, there is no hope. The Eagles are dreadful.

Skins 27

Eagles 23

So was Carolina. I am holding my half full glass of Jefferson's single barrel reserve until after the game is played.

These two statements don't go with each other :)

Foles looked "ok" on Sunday.......can't say he inspired a lot of confidence, and if he is the QB, don't think he'll be able to generate a lot even against our sorry defense. I'm looking for the Skins offense to come back as well.

If Foles plays: Skins 30 Eagles 17.

If Vick plays: Eagles 59.......nah.......Skins 30 Eagles 24.

Agrees with him, Foles will not beat us. It's Vick that I hate playing against.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

I have a really good feeling for sunday ( as I do most sundays, lol). I think this is the week we finally see this team play with some urgency.

Skins 38

Iggles 17 Hail.

Agrees with him too.

Not sure if this was said already but this game is an absolute must win. No Vick, No Avant, their offensive line is worse then the Skins Oline if that's possible. We have to take advantage of this. After watching the Colts game and comparing the 2 teams, sure the Colt's stunk last year, now they are 6-3 and we are 3-5. Sure we play in a tough division, but they are finding ways to win. We seem to find ways to lose, ala Cruz's TD in the Giants game. Who here didn't see that coming?? Haslett's D must really shine this game, and we can't let Foles have a career day in passing. If he does, Haslett needs to go, as does the secondary. Every single one of them. On that note....:eaglesuck

Archived