Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Cell Phone Carrier to use in the stadium during games?

andrewweyrich

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and I have had Sprint for that entire time. I can never use my phone in the stadium during games with Sprint - it just doesn't work and really never has - - from calls to text to data etc. I have to keep my one sprint line but I may get a second line on T-mobile - can anyone tell me if T-mobile works during games? (text, data, phone?)....

It's the same in any arena. Service sucks at sporting events.

My question to you is...Why do any of you need to use your phone at the game ? I use mine for a picture or two.

As well as...If I was at the game with someone who was on their phone the whole game..I would leave them there. Regardless if I drove or not.

My brother and I have verizon and it works well (up in the 400 level). I brought one of my bosses with me this past week and he has at&t and he had no success getting online to check tweets or fantasy.

---------- Post added October-10th-2012 at 08:11 AM ----------

You are not suppose to be on your cell phone during the game as you are in restricted air space. You should be doing the 12th man... :ols::)

I have Boost Mobile and yes the coverage was spotty a little.

fair points, I think most people just wanted to check the interwebs for news on Robert.

My brother and I have verizon and it works well (up in the 400 level). I brought one of my bosses with me this past week and he has at&t and he had no success getting online to check tweets or fantasy.

---------- Post added October-10th-2012 at 08:11 AM ----------

fair points, I think most people just wanted to check the interwebs for news on Robert.

Or some of us are on call for work >:(

They give you the scores of other games at the stadium. They do fantasy updates on the big board. Why the hell do you need to be on the phone? I carry mine in, but I'm never on it. A woman in our section missed most of the game trying to find out what happened to Robert. I figured I can wait a couple of hours to get information. Just like everything else, you idiots can't put your phones down for 5 minutes whether you're in your car, the grocery store, walking in the mall, at the game, at the dentist office, at the beach, in the mountains, blah, blah, blah. Believe me, you're heart will not stop beating if you put it down for an hour. Really, you'll live. Just stop it already. Do you really need to look at it at every traffic light? Did the President text you with a secret mission that you have to answer? Put the godamn thing down for an hour for christ's sake.

They give you the scores of other games at the stadium. They do fantasy updates on the big board. Why the hell do you need to be on the phone? I carry mine in, but I'm never on it. A woman in our section missed most of the game trying to find out what happened to Robert. I figured I can wait a couple of hours to get information. Just like everything else, you idiots can't put your phones down for 5 minutes whether you're in your car, the grocery store, walking in the mall, at the game, at the dentist office, at the beach, in the mountains, blah, blah, blah. Believe me, you're heart will not stop beating if you put it down for an hour. Really, you'll live. Just stop it already. Do you really need to look at it at every traffic light? Did the President text you with a secret mission that you have to answer? Put the godamn thing down for an hour for christ's sake.

You seem really angry.. all the OP asked was which cell phone carrier gets the best coverage at FedEx during a game. Yeesh.

It's the same in any arena. Service sucks at sporting events.

My question to you is...Why do any of you need to use your phone at the game ? I use mine for a picture or two.

As well as...If I was at the game with someone who was on their phone the whole game..I would leave them there. Regardless if I drove or not.

Some people have responsibilities.

You seem really angry.. all the OP asked was which cell phone carrier gets the best coverage at FedEx during a game. Yeesh.

I'm having a bad week (not sports related) and cell phone use is a daily anger issue with me. Boils my blood that people can't put the damn things down for 5 seconds. I literally watch people in their cars hold their phone in their hand when they are not using them. Why are you holding it? Put it on the console until it rings or beeps. I keep mine in my belt holster while I drive and unless someone calls me, it stays there and I concentrate on the road. This incessant obssession with cell phones has gotten so out of hand, I just don't know where to begin. People's lives revolve around those damn contraptions and to me that's a drain on society as a whole.

i love the people on here who think they're die hard because they watch every single second of the game.. do you talk during the game? do people talk to you? do you even move? lighten up its just a game if someone wants to pay for a ticket and go to the game and check updates on their phone occasionally, thats their choice dont bash them.

I'm sure any time you get close to 90,000 people in such a condensed location you're bound to run into bandwidth issues. I doubt any carrier is really better than any other.

This is exactly right. There's only a few towers in the area and far too many people trying to use them, especially during the most busy periods like halftime and just after the game.

I have Verizon and ATT. (2 phones, 1 work, 1 personal.) I was a season ticket holder and went to most of the games. I liked to check twitter at times during the game specifically for injury news, which you can't really get in the stadium. Neither worked well. Though Verizon worked a bit better. But blackberries suck.

This is exactly right. There's only a few towers in the area and far too many people trying to use them, especially during the most busy periods like halftime and just after the game.

Just as mentioned here and in the quote that HB was citing. I can tell you from working on the power for the system at Clemson that it is usually owned by a particular carrier (Verizon at Clemson) but all carriers piggyback onto the receiver at the stadium. Then the point is to have enough fiber to carry that out of the stadium to the nearest tower and then to spread as quickly to many towers after that. All carriers rent some time/space on each other's towers and they do this for these scenarios. I don't believe it makes a bit of difference for who's phone service you have it is really a matter of how many people are using their phone in the same location at any given moment when you choose to use yours.

Archived