Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are possible replacements for Cundiff? (My vote: Kai Forbath) Edit: Kai signs with team!

BruinSkin

I'm hoping this somehow catches the attention of the front office. (Hey, it happened with the Memphis Grizzlies signing of Gilbert Arenas, so why not?)

Kai Forbath - 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

Edit: He was actually not 9-13, he was 10-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA. He made 40 field goals in a row under 40 yards as well.

He spent the entire 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

In the 2012 preseason, he was 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Ultimately, it was always Connor Barth's job, so he didn't have a chance to make the team.

Who are some young, available free agents we could bring in to replace Cundiff?

Edit to Update: It appears the Redskins have signed Kai Forbath per sources on Twitter. Officially confirmed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/09/redskins-pick-kai-forbath-from-their-kicker-tryout/

Kai just tweeted:

Couldn't be more excited to join Redskins nation! #HTTR

http://twitter.com/KaiForbath/status/255732756179451906

So if anyone from the front office IS reading this, I've never been to a Redskins home game, but I've been a lifelong fan. Tickets for the suggestion? ;) I'm just excited we have a legit young kicker.

It is getting very old watching opposing kickers nail FGs from 50+ yards while our kicker pushes it wide inside the of 40.

No idea who is out there but a change is needed. I would not go back to Gano though, we made a change which suggests there is not confidence in him so why go back?

This is how I feel sometimes. Our kickers are never automatic, and everybody else just seems to be that way. It's very frustrating.

Nope. Every other team's kicker seems to be automatic against us. And even when they aren't, Shanahan will call a timeout :)

This guy Kai Forbath sounds pretty cool to me, OP. Coolest name ever also.

I would go the boring and predictable route, call Graham and say we are sorry and that we made a mistake and sign him back with us. At least if we miss a 55 yarder, we at least know we had a chance at it.

Gano beat Rackers in pre-season. Then some idiot in the FO decided that Cundiff was better. Just like they thought Beck and Rex were a definite starting tandem. This seems just so Snyderesque.

Maybe whoever made the decision got tired of watching Spongebob and Patrick and decided that somebody else's kicker was better.

Memo: Cundiff is not good. Gano is better. Fire one. Sign the other. Turn SpongeBob back on.

I'm almost sure that any team's kicker will hit every field goal against us and our kicker will miss more times than not

Yeah what is the deal with this? It has been this way for as long as I can remember. Why can every team in the league find a decent kicker except for us? Is there some kind of voodoo at work?

Yeah what is the deal with this? It has been this way for as long as I can remember. Why can every team in the league find a decent kicker except for us? Is there some kind of voodoo at work?

Been that way since I can remember too... I remember acquiring John Hall and being like, "Alright! The Skins got a kicker!" Well from then on, it's been nothing but horrible horrible kickers. And it's not just about who's kicked for us, it's who didn't kick for us. David Akers? Are you kidding me? We cut the guy and he turns into one of the greatest of all time? Just our damn luck

Been that way since I can remember too... I remember acquiring John Hall and being like, "Alright! The Skins got a kicker!" Well from then on, it's been nothing but horrible horrible kickers. And it's not just about who's kicked for us, it's who didn't kick for us. David Akers? Are you kidding me? We cut the guy and he turns into one of the greatest of all time? Just our damn luck

Even Suisham is doing well in Pittsburgh. It must be a jinx. I don't believe in jinxes, but it must be one.

I always was a Suisham supporter. He was perfect that season until the miss against the Saints. Cutting him after that was such a Norv move (scapegoating the kicker for the loss). Hes now gone on to be automatic for Pittsburgh.

As for now, I have no clue but Cundiff has to go. You can't kick like he has in today's NFL.

It is pretty clear that Billy's traveling show will have another chapter soon.

He certainly is building up frequent traveler miles, such as Dallas, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and 7 other teams that he was a part of.

Gano seems to be the odds-on favorite, and with the Skins playing better on offense, the points are needed more than ever...

SIC

Archived