Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark Rips Stephen A Smith And His Hairline. Stephen A Smith's Response.

DM72

I will post Stephen A's response when it becomes available. It was VERY harsh. It was pretty much Stephen A and Skip teaming up on Clark when he wasn't there to defend himself and ended with Stephen A telling Clark, "You know what you can kiss."

Stephen A Smith is one of the funniest people on TV

He said he would reply eventually on Twitter, he doesn't do First Take M-Tues and people kept harassing him and then he goes off on twitter. "I TELL YA'LL I DON'T DO FIRST TAKE MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS"

:ols:

So what's the back story on this? Watched on the phone and the volume on the vid sucks. I didn't hear if he explained what exactly his beef is. Something about writing a story?

Clark feels like a lot of reporters try to bait athletes into creating stories for them. Basically, his opinion is that they don't respect athletes enough to be up front with their angle and just want to catch them saying something juicy or off-kilter so that they can blow it up.

Smith comes in as an example having apparently questioned athletes' intelligence and ability to articulate on twitter, to which Clark responds that he has the same education and the same ability to speak his mind intelligently without the receding hairline. The ESPN crew act particularly offended, like that is a real low blow. :rolleyes:

There are so many instances with the Redskins where a player says something, and I'll read it in the Post where it sounds like he's being a total dick or crazy. Then I'll go the Redskins.com and watch the unedited interview sessions, and it turns out the player said absolutely nothing wrong! A reporter's job these days seems to be to make a story even when there is no story, so I can understand why Ryan Clark would be frustrated at how he's portrayed in the media.

Stephen A. is one of the most funniest sports personalities out there.
He is a moron who is deservedly being called out. His response will be loud and stupid.
I wish to express my agreement with both of these statements. The only time I recall enjoying Steven Smith is when he's punking Skip Bayless on Bayless' own show.
Don't you all mean Screamin A Smith?
Now THAT'S funny! :ols:

Skip Bayless with his "When he here, I stay quiet. But when he leaves, I talk about him" Like smokey from Friday shtick is lame. Skip Bayless is the worst thing to happen to sports journalism, ever. And Stephen A Smith will tap dance to get a check.

This whole thing started when Skip Bayless was dissing Russell Westbrook for weeks about his play. Then he went on twitter saying he empathized with Westbrook because he had the same thing happen to him in HS where he was a gunner at the point guard position himself and was a big time player in HS. That was shown to be a lie

http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/04/09/skip-bayless-lied-about-his-prestigious-high-school-basketball-career/

http://sportsbybrooks.com/boxscores-never-lie-or-exaggerate-on-twitter-30011

Jalen Rose called him out on it last week, and for a guy who has no problems calling grown men effeminate names and doesnt care if it hurts feelings, he himself got his feelings hurt by it.

Rose and Bayless discussed it last week, and then Stephen A jumped in to attack Rose.

It descended to a conversation of failure of journalistic integrity by these guys and SAS and Bayless were offended that athletes would call them out on their lack of journalistic integrity. Thats where Ryan Clark jumped in and called out Skip and Stephen A.

Blah blah blah. I'm soooo tired of Sports "News". Cover the 4Ws, ESPN and show obscure sports the rest of the time. Thanks.

The problem with shows like First Take is that it allows it's panal to say whatever stupid thought that pops up in their heads, especially Skip. He had enough nerve to call Chris Bosh, "Bosh Spice" right to his face.

Smith cries about a lack of professionalism in being calling out without being there...after making a comment on air addressing what he says are "some athletes" who can't articulate themselves well. Note that he did not invite those particular athletes on the show to address his concerns or criticisms to their faces, as he whines about Clark not doing with him.

Hypocrite.

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Skip comes across as a protective mother. Its embarrassing. "I'm going to jump in the way you jumped in between me and Jalen a week ago today. You just gave Ryan Clark more attention than he'll ever deserve, and you don't need to stoop to some of the things you just said because you're way above all of it...I don't like to see you get called out that way, because its preposterous"

Momma-translation: "Don't listen to those meanies, my little baby's always right. You're too good for those kids! I can't stand to see you hurt cuddly-muffin."

Archived