Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Pat Robertson BELIEVES Peyton Manning should get hurt this year.

SkinFaninOKC

He doesn't actually say that. He said it would serve the Broncos right if they lost Manning because of the way they treated Tebow. He is not praying for Manning to get hurt. But of course most people only read the headline. (btw I think Pat is a loon, but its the principle of the thing.)

He doesn't actually say that. He said it would serve the Broncos right if they lost Manning because of the way they treated Tebow. He is not praying for Manning to get hurt. But of course most people only read the headline. (btw I think Pat is a loon, but its the principle of the thing.)

QBs lose their jobs ALL THE TIME for lack of performance. The only reason Robertson is saying anything at all is because Tebow is religious.

You didn't see Robertson saying Brees should get injured for how the Saints treated Aaron Brooks. You didn't see him saying Cutler should get injured because he replaced Orton.

To say anything at all is idiotic and to say it serves them right if Peyton gets hurt is another absurd statement in a laundry list of absurd crap spewing out of this guy's mouth.

"And you just ask yourself," Robertson said, "OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

The headline is a complete lie and I have heard several NFL reporters/analysts say the exact same thing as Robertson actually said this week. Pat doesn't need any help saying something wacky, there is no need to twist his words yahoo. Why did that even get a mention on Yahoo sports?

I agree with those who feel the article title is an exaggeration....

Robertson never says he BELIEVES Manning should get hurt...he says IF Manning gets hurt the Broncos would essentially be without a QB, and that being without a QB would "serve them right".

---------- Post added March-26th-2012 at 05:04 AM ----------

QBs lose their jobs ALL THE TIME for lack of performance. The only reason Robertson is saying anything at all is because Tebow is religious.

You didn't see Robertson saying Brees should get injured for how the Saints treated Aaron Brooks. You didn't see him saying Cutler should get injured because he replaced Orton.

To say anything at all is idiotic and to say it serves them right if Peyton gets hurt is another absurd statement in a laundry list of absurd crap spewing out of this guy's mouth.

1) Who cares why he decided to voice his opinion?...The main point was that he never said he "believes" Peyton Manning should get injured.

2) To say anything at all is idiotic?...Half the country has been saying crap about Manning, Tebow, the Colts and the Broncos. Why should Pat Robertson be the one guy who should remain silent on it? lol...

Really? The only thing I am seeing is how Yahoo is twisting words to get views on their website. I am not shocked though, that is the trend that is going on with media nowadays.

With online-only articles, the majority of their titles are not meant to serve as a synopsis of the content, but rather as bait to lure people to click on the link.

Call me when Pat Robertson says something intelligent.

His comments only prove that he's a fanboi of anyone who is a Christian regardless of talent, and it shows that he doesn't understand professional football. Tebow isn't THAT good Pat! Stop your sports commentary and stick to explaining how New Orleans was destroyed because of homosexuals.

Seriously, can we just accept that Pat does not speak on behalf of Jesus Christ?

Really? The only thing I am seeing is how Yahoo is twisting words to get views on their website. I am not shocked though, that is the trend that is going on with media nowadays.

Here is Robertson's quote: "OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

"It would serve them right" sounds petty and vindictive to me, more like something a jilted message board sports fan would say, not a man who considers himself a nationally recognized religious leader.

Though I do agree that the headline is inaccurate.

Here is Robertson's quote: "OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

"It would serve them right" sounds petty and vindictive to me, more like something a jilted message board sports fan would say, not a man who considers himself a nationally recognized religious leader.

Though I do agree that the headline is inaccurate.

I see what you are saying.

That pic is funny Larry.

Archived