Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

This thread isn't without an element of shock, but that isn't the basis for its conception. I do very much like to express and convey my opinions to others, as do most, but I find that the more I'm passionate about something the more fulfillment I receive informing others of my thoughts: the basis for this thread.

I joined extremeskins back in 2004 and frequented this message board a few times a month until early 2006. For those of you who can remember back then this board was quite educational, constructive and more so than anything else, it was easy going and respectful. Back then the members really took time getting to know each other and intelligent debate, not sensationalism, was the conventional norm. Now I can't remember exactly when the quality of this board turned straight into a downward spiral, I do remember at some point during the end of the Mark Brunell Era here in Washington the culture of this board, once the promotion of debate and discussion, was replaced by a siege of childish bashing and verbal attacks.

I rejoined this board a few months back after checking in from time to time to see the quality of the discussions and I have come to find this board is lame, it's lousy, its unprofessional.

When a thread is started it is supposed to ask a question or promote discussion in some form, yet you have these clowns that posts nothing in the realm of the topic. They simply call you an idiot or some other derogatory remark which is really really quite pathetic. Why take the time out of your day to insult someone for their opinion? Why not move on to another thread and actually make a contribution?

Since when is it not okay to be critical? Why is it that because we are Redskin Fans that we can't be harsh critics when it comes to our team? Instead the same clowns reply back with nothing BUT the following "TROLL." Most of these clowns are somehow ingrained with this pre-conceived ordination that the Redskins are the best team over and under the sun and if you say anything that contradicts that you "need to support a different team", or somehow you are less of the fan that they are. So why is it like this? THE MODERATORS. That's why. I have noticed that in many instances threads are locked when they become overly critical of the team almost the same way communist states control the media. Have you noticed how many threads begin with "now please don't hate me, just hear me out on this one?" What the hell is that? How sad is it that people are so worried that their opinion is going to come under such scrutiny and hostility that they feel the need to basically apologize for feeling the way they do? They know that instead of discussion they will get insulted and if the thread gets heated enough they could get banned from the board because the MODS believe them to be inciting a riot on purpose.

I will never forget one incident that occurred on this board. I had a number of friends of mine that used to post here, but all have left because of the reasons I've mentioned no doubt and we all got a huge laugh at this one. I can't remember my old screen name unfortunately as I would love to give you a direct reference. One guy posted in a thread that he wanted Mark Brunell to get into a fatal car crash on his way to Fedex Field so Jason Campbell could finally get his start (this was early in the 2006 season). I was so shocked and appalled by that statement, I along with a friend of mine, replied very candidly that this guy had no place here on this board and his language was completely out of bounds. I then stated that I thought MB was a scapegoat for a struggling team and a furious debate ensued. I WAS THEN BANNED AND THE SOB THAT WISHED FOR MB'S DEATH HAD NO PUNISHMENT GIVEN. Later I had another friend of mind be banned for no apparent reason and the same guy that banned him banned me. Who was it? TK

I don't know what this guy's problem is all I know is that people, including myself, thought he crushed debate instead of promoting it and was like a lot of these other clowns would simply chime in with a reply to do nothing more than mock. Perhaps this guy has never been in a position of authority and somehow feels empowered that he oversees a big message board, but why speculate. Well go ahead and ban me again sir as I have said my peace and will take my opinions elsewhere.

I wrote this because I wanted to and I make no apology it. I will get banned after writing this I'm sure, but even if I don't I won't be back...ever. There are other message board's skins fans and if anything I wrote here makes sense to you I invite you to check them out.

This thread isn't without an element of shock, but that isn't the basis for its conception. I do very much like to express and convey my opinions to others, as do most, but I find that the more I'm passionate about something the more fulfillment I receive informing others of my thoughts: the basis for this thread.

Troll

:troll:

Well I was with you at first, when you talked about the decline in the quality of discussion on these boards, although your argument there might have been more convincing coming from somebody with an earlier join date.

Not to play junior moderator here, but I think you should know your thread is in violation of two board rules (for the part about TK):

#17) Do not create "call-out" threads.

#18) Adhere to the advice and recommendations of Extremeskins staff.

You might get banned again for this.

Also, I find it a bit hypocritical to lament about the way board members attack one another, only to go on to attack another board member. The rules are designed to make the board the kind of place you say it should be, yet you do not follow them.

Other than that, I could actually see this being a good discussion about how to improve the quality of debate on Extremeskins. Extremeskins is a place that could admittedly be improved, but that most of us love anyway, warts and all.

As it stands, this could get ugly quickly. Attacking the moderaters like this is not only against the rules (and foolish if you wish to remain a member), but it is not going to help you persuade anybody to enact the changes to the board you might like to see.

Have you read the 2011 draft thread? Or ASF's threads? How about the great blogs that people occasionally post on ES? And if that's not to your liking, you can go the tailgate, there is some great ones in there. Try around the NFL before a rival game, that usually sparks great and funny threads.

You're just nitpicking, there is still a bunch of good posters and threads on ES.

TK is a cool cat, don't know why you have a problem with him?

What are you talking about? People are critical here and they don't get banned. Heck, i have so much crap about Synder and I have yet to been banned for anything I wrote

Save your precious time trying to convince "posters" like this otherwise. Don't feed him/ her and they soon go away.

I completely agree. This will be my last post as well. I'm pretty distraught over the poor quality of discussions and double standards that exist on extremskins. I wish everyone the best, and hopefully we'll have a great season!!

Peace out!

Maybe we'll get lucky, and this will turn into another "Suicide by Mod Thread" to get the morons out before real football starts.

Well I was with you at first, when you talked about the decline in the quality of discussion on these boards, although your argument there might have been more convincing coming from somebody with an early join date.

Mentioning TK the way you do is a violation of board rules, and you might get banned again, especially since he is a moderater. Not only is it unwise to challenge the mods, but this is a "call out" thread, which is strictly prohibited. Also, I find it a bit hypocritical to lament about the way board members attack one another, only to go on to attack another board member.

I could actually see this being a good discussion about how to improve the quality of debate on Extremeskins, a place that could admittedly be improved, but that we all love anyway. However, as it stands, this could get ugly quickly. Attacking the moderaters is not only foolish if you wish to remain a member, but it is not going to help you persuade other to enact the changes to the board you might like to see.

No iz not. :)
17. Do not create “call out” threads.

These are threads whose intention is clearly to "call out" another particular member on a personal matter beyond their posted content on ES. These forums are not to be used as a medium for personal attacks or private vendettas. To the extent personal exchanges/conversations are necessary---and desired by BOTH parties---those members are encouraged to pursue them via Private Messaging.

Go support some other team then.....Just kidding.

One of the things I agree with is your statement that some people start threads by saying stuff like "please don't hate me when I say this" or "don't beat me up to bad". I don't like that either. It seems meek and lacks some self confidence. Unfortunately, it's the one-and-done posters that lead to this. Guys or gals that give a quick one liner with little thought at all.

Overall, i think the mods scan for brewing arguments and try to squelch them. The last thing the team needs (after last year) is any instance where free speech is snuffed out.

I have a feeling this will not end well. :munchout:

I disagree authentic, this is going to end really well.

And look at the quality that this poster has brought since re-joining the board......

Are the Redskins the most embarrassing team in the NFL?

Started by P90Xpert, August-8th-2011 06:54 AM 1 2 3 4 5... 10

Replies: 148

Views: 4,740

Last Post: August-8th-2011 09:12 PM by Jumbo

Forum:

The Stadium

Donovan McNabb starring in STAINED: The Tale of Redskin Folly

Started by P90Xpert, April-23rd-2011 01:09 AM 1 2 3

Replies: 31

Views: 1,889

Last Post: April-27th-2011 05:00 PM by Smooters

Forum: