Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Stone Magazine: Freaks Of The Game

Gracelander

What a horrendous slanted P.O.S. What they fail to mention is that during all these costumes and 'narcissism' that CP put our team on his back and carried us to the playoffs.

Plus, how is CLinton irrelevant in this 'black hole' when he's set to become the leading rusher of the one of the oldest and documented NFL franchises?

What a horrendous slanted P.O.S. What they fail to mention is that during all these costumes and 'narcissism' that CP put our team on his back and carried us to the playoffs.

Plus, how is CLinton irrelevant in this 'black hole' when he's set to become the leading rusher of the one of the oldest and documented NFL franchises?

Yeah really. Garbage article all the way around.

It's Rolling Stone magazine.

A pop culture/music magazine. We're not talking about the Football Outsiders Almanac or even Sports Illustrated.

Nobody who honestly cares about football is going to look to an article in Rolling Stone for information.

Was at BWI tonight reading the new Rolling Stone (Leonardo DiCaprio on cover).. small article with Clinton Portis on page 74..

cool ...thx for posting.

did you take those pics with your phone? jesus dude, technology is out of control. soooo cool.

thx man

Really Matt? Really?

"The Ocean of Suck"?

1315 3.9

1516 4.3

1262 3.9

1487 4.4

Numbers and averages put up in the 4 seasons Clinton has played at least 15 games for us, the last one being all the way back in 2008!! A whole season ago.

Not the 5.5 he had in Denver, but anyone expecting CP or any runner to average 5.5 for the balance of a 9 season (to date) career is fooling themselves.

The thing I do agree with though is that I was never a fan of the characters simply because they really were not that funny. Some were amusing but Clinton isn't a naturally funny guy. The best "bit" he did was in 2006 when, as Napoleon Dynamite, he danced in the background of a Gregg Williams interview and then walked up behind him and just stared at him while Williams was talking to reporters. That was funny.

Yea, never mind the fact that Portis faced some of the NFL's worst defenses when he was in Denver, and moving to the East had to now face the top D's in the league six times per year.

:doh:

Don't forget that the Chargers, Chefs and Chokeland all had bottom dwelling defenses back then.

Plus, didn't Portis have the luxury of a balanced offense and better oline?

Let's see what this guy can do with the best QB he's ever played with. I think he will be back to averaging over 5 ypc.

:2cents:

People above the age of 15 still read that magazine... ?

I think you meant to say "People below the age of 40 still read that magazine...?"

Rolling Stone does a terrifc job covering Rock and Roll and Current Events, but like Huffington Post, sports is something they should stay far, far away from.

:ols: what a load of tripe. Portis is the Redskins leading single season rusher, (he also holds second place) is the only Redskin to ever eush for 1500 yards in a season (something he missed doing twice by 13 yards)

and soon to be all-time leading rusher after playing for the Redskins for only 6 seasons. (and missing half of one and a third of another to injuries.) Needless to remind anyone the rich history of running backs we've had here, a few with busts in the hall of fame. He's eclipsed them all.

The lack of recognition he gets is ridiculous.

His costumes did a lot to relax the locker room, and if you don't think that sort of thing is important to building team and keeping it loose, you've never been on a team to begin with. Portis is a leader, a great player, and we've been fortunate to have him on our team. Now that he's re-motivated, I can't wait to see what he'll do.

~Bang

:ols: what a load of tripe. Portis is the Redskins leading single season rusher, (he also holds second place) is the only Redskin to ever eush for 1500 yards in a season (something he missed doing twice by 13 yards)

and soon to be all-time leading rusher after playing for the Redskins for only 6 seasons. (and missing half of one and a third of another to injuries.) Needless to remind anyone the rich history of running backs we've had here, a few with busts in the hall of fame. He's eclipsed them all.

The lack of recognition he gets is ridiculous.

His costumes did a lot to relax the locker room, and if you don't think that sort of thing is important to building team and keeping it loose, you've never been on a team to begin with. Portis is a leader, a great player, and we've been fortunate to have him on our team. Now that he's re-motivated, I can't wait to see what he'll do.

~Bang

Well said Bang! People forget alot of what CP has done here. They like to remember him bashing people in the media, which I'm not saying is ok, but to me, he's earned the right to call out teammates. He should finish this season as the Redskins All-Time leading rusher, so to say he's "fallen into the ocean of suck", is just inaccurate and ignorant. And hasn't he made the Pro Bowl twice as a Redskin?

Archived