Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are thin blondes proof of creationism?

Burgold

Ever have one of those completely random thoughts that make you laugh and you decide to share in order to confirm your insanity. This is one of those moments.

I was eating lunch and in walks a very pretty, slender blonde, and I began thinking about blondes and how most blondes historically originate from the north in cold climates. Well, if they originate in cold climates then wouldn't their bodies be more receptive to keeping and adding fat cells to keep them warm? Wouldn't darwinian genetics dictate that blondes should be plump? Wouldn't evolution as a survival method give them the body type that would best adapt to cold northerly climes?

In addition, the people I've known from Iceland seem to be very tall and skinny... how is that helpful in a cold climate?

Clearly, the thin blonde is proof of Creationism? Darwin should not have sailed the Beagle, he should have walked North.

Feel free to add your own completely absurd theories or expound (or pound) on this one. The more absurd the better.

This was one of those flashpoint epiphanies. Mostly sharing this because it amused me and I thought it might make a few others chuckle.

Errr... This is part of my doctoral thesis on the genetic predisposition and the fallacy of incongruent cultural biological dispersion patterns amongst the...

and although it would be really funny, please do not merge with my "You're 100% wrong" thread :silly:

I think theres a very simple explanation, when it's cold as hell outside then all you can do is ****, always better with a hot blonde. So in essence, the fat women knowing that for months at a time during the year they would be stuck inside realized that because they were fat, they wouldn't be gettin no action. So they created

Bolemia

Ever have one of those completely random thoughts that make you laugh and you decide to share in order to confirm your insanity. This is one of those moments.

I was eating lunch and in walks a very pretty, slender blonde, and I began thinking about blondes and how most blondes historically originate from the north in cold climates. Well, if they originate in cold climates then wouldn't their bodies be more receptive to keeping and adding fat cells to keep them warm? Wouldn't darwinian genetics dictate that blondes should be plump? Wouldn't evolution as a survival method give them the body type that would best adapt to cold northerly climes?

In addition, the people I've known from Iceland seem to be very tall and skinny... how is that helpful in a cold climate?

Clearly, the thin blonde is proof of Creationism? Darwin should not have sailed the Beagle, he should have walked North.

Feel free to add your own completely absurd theories or expound (or pound) on this one. The more absurd the better.

On the contrary, it is evidence of evolution. Blondes used to be from the north and had more fat. They have now evolved to become skinny to adapt to southern climes (and to look good in a bikini). :)

On the contrary, it is evidence of evolution. Blondes used to be from the north and had more fat. They have now evolved to become skinny to adapt to southern climes (and to look good in a bikini). :)

This is an interesting postulation. Hmmmeth...

the reasons that tall thin shapely people enjoyed an advantage in the northern climate are:

1. They could see further, so they see the Polar bears headed their way first, and can out run the fat filled people that the bears prefer to feed on anyway.

2. They recieved more invitations to the front of the fire, and breeding opportunities.

If they walked around naked all day then you would be correct. However, because they wore furs, they did not need fat to keep them warm.

:doh: Unimpressive logic ... I think it proves evolution much more than creationism. ;)

Attractive members of the species are much more likely to attract a dominant male to protect, and hunt on their behalf.

Clothing needs to be factored into the equation too, making body fat a poor adaptation unless you go long periods without food, but we've already established that your dumb, dominant male mate is out hunting for you while you sit by the fire in your comfortable cave eating bon-bons and watching early runs of Oprah.

Being fat, unnattractive (and naked) seems like a very poor survival strategy.

I somewhat agree with this. If you look at paintings that survived the Middle Ages and Rennaissance, the chicks are indeed fat. It was a sign of beauty to be voluptuos, that way they had good child-bearing assets.

Now, further research needs to be done, but the average height of people is much taller than it used to be even 500 years ago, let alone the centuries dating to the barbarian migration into Roman lands.

I guess my point is, girls were shorter and fatter then, and have now become taller and hotter (in our society's perceptions).

While I do not think that slim blondes prove creationsim....

I do belive it proves a God...

Good point,but do redheads prove he has a sense of humor?

Or was that the Devil's work? :laugh:

Blonde hair reflects the sun's rays, so the tall ones are closer to the sun and thus they keep warmer in that way and survive. Short thin blondes died off due to colds. They were also able to put food up on the highest shelf, so the short ones couldnt get to it and thus starved to death. Tall thin blondes became attractive as mates due to those traits, plus they could put the star on top of the Christmas tree.

A few things: with enough food/lack of exercise, that 'thin blonde' won't be so thin.

Also, Icelandic women are descended from mixed stock, as the Viking raiders took the prettiest women back to that strange isle and thus there is plenty of non-Germanic/Nordic stock there.

Why do Polynesians seem to get fat so easily if being fat is better for the colder climes? I'm not sure that's the case for the HUMAN animal :)

Archived