Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colbert Lampoons Bush at White House Correspondents Dinner-- President Not Amused?

Larry

Article

Aparantly, Bush not amused at Lampooning at White House Correspondent Dinner.

Colbert, who spoke in the guise of his talk show character, who ostensibly supports the president strongly, urged the [sic] Bush to ignore his low approval ratings, saying they were based on reality, “and reality has a well-known liberal bias.”

(Would've thought a web site target at professional journalists would've spotted that gramatical error in their story.)

I was under the impression that the traditional pattern of these events is for a few media people to roast the Pres, and then the Pres gets to do some roasting of his own. Hopefully, the President has a few writers who can do comedy, too.

Colbert was hilarious. The man has balls the size of grapefruit. What a man!

Well, Scalia was laughing. As was the quite glamourous Valerie Plame, I mean Joe Wilson's wife, sitting a few tables from Karl Rove and right in front of the President.

Actually Bush was smiling and polite to Colbert when he left the podium, as was Laura.

Don't you mean as he says "Huevos Grandes". :)

Yes indeed, one must Huevos Grandes to stop the spread of nuclie perliferderation...:laugh:

...the bush. Classic!

I really believe I'd have a great time sitting down with Bush at a ball game or going fishing. Whatever his faults, and they are many, the man has a sense of humor and comes across as very likeable.

Anyone see Colbert on 60 Minutes tonight?

It's impossible take him seriously... even when he's serious. :laugh: He was actually doing a pretty serious interview, but the entire time I thought he was being sarcastic.

Hopefully he took the opportuniy to get the president to commit to wiping out the most dangerous threat this nation has ever faced.

Of course, I'm talking about those rampant killing machines,

grizzlybear_roaring.jpg

BEARS.

~Bang

Hopefully he took the opportuniy to get the president to commit to wiping out the most dangerous threat this nation has ever faced.

Of course, I'm talking about those rampant killing machines,

grizzlybear_roaring.jpg

BEARS.

~Bang

Support the right to keep and arm bears.

Saw it on C-Span. The purpose of the event is for the President and the White House correspondents to climb down off the barricades for an evening and enjoy a friendly dinner. Bush did a self-deprecating rountine before Colbert with a Bush impersonator...poked a lot of fun at himself, showed a lot of humility. In that context, Colbert's act was even more inappropriate than it might appear from only watching that clip.

But what do you expect? That's what liberals are...petty, mean-spirited, whiny, hateful little people. I'm sure he felt like a big man with his buddies back on the set, and that's all that matters.

Bush and Impersonator

But what do you expect? That's what liberals are...petty, mean-spirited, whiny, hateful little people. I'm sure he felt like a big man with his buddies back on the set, and that's all that matters.

And you wonder why the GOP is lampooned as blue blooded, stodgy, grumpy old men.

Seriously, don't take yourself so well....seriously.

Had the GOP aides not made such a big deal of Colberts lampoon, then more than likely, it wouldn't have been an issue. But please Dubya henchmen, if anything, keep up the good work. It makes it easier for challengers to appear more in touch with joe public.

And you wonder why the GOP is lampooned as blue blooded, stodgy, grumpy old men.

Seriously, don't take yourself so well....seriously.

Had the GOP aides not made such a big deal of Colberts lampoon, then more than likely, it wouldn't have been an issue. But please Dubya henchmen, if anything, keep up the good work. It makes it easier for challengers to appear more in touch with joe public.

Right... Colbert's routine could be a step-by-step guide for why liberals continue to lose, and lose and lose, in the face of what should be a political climate favorable to challengers. No matter how low people's opinion of Republicans get, there is no way they will give people like Colbert what they want at the ballot box. The guy came off like a total a-hole, regardless of what his political views are.

When the "mainstream media", which is already liberal to begin with, thinks it was off-putting, you know it was. On top of that, it wasn't funny. It wasn't even intended to be funny. It was just a left wing rant comprised of low blows.

Archived